Tokenized Dispenser

Burble

Wondering if anyone has any smart workarounds for how to sell a tokenized ship through a dispenser or otherwise. It would be for a one time sale where the buyer takes the displayed model off the lot right there.

The problem I am having is the the dispenser needs the token key in it to define what is being sold but it also needs at least one of exactly that same token key in a container or it considers itself out of stock. You cannot even make a copy of the ship, tokenize it and use that because the game knows it is a different key. From what I have tried so far it is impossible to sell a token key through a dispenser.

Any ideas or quick fixes?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bobbie said:

No worries. Yeah it's just related in the sense that, apparently, the dispenser improvement from last big patch requires obtaining a different, newly introduced dispenser unit. Which wasn't mentioned anywhere as far as I know (not in the patch notes in any case). And which I assume is the reason for the old one being deprecated.

So I guess that solves it, but I won't know until I actually get one of those new dispensers to try it out, and they aren't available on the market yet. ?‍♂️

Right, that makes sense! Please do @ me once you get one and try it out. I want to make sure you're experiencing what you expect. :) (Whenever they become available, that is!)