Past 15 core units...

WylieFox

So, like many of us, I've spent countless hours mining, and crafting, and building, and mining, and crafting, and building... I'm not upset about this game-cycle... in fact, I still love it. The problem now, however, is that I'm maxed out with 15 active cores.

Sure, I probably went a little crazy stacking so many core units into my tower on Alioth... but, in order for me to keep creating content for this universe, I need to be able to keep placing cores... 

Does anyone know of any good ways for me to keep expanding, without creating a second account?

Can I give my cores to an Org I start? Do I need to give them to a friend? Has anyone else gotten past the 15 core unit cap?

You can create your own Org with only you in it.

And there is a talent that will allow you to place cores with the Org as the owner, instead of you.  When you place a core there will be an option to choose whether you or your Org will be the owner.

I can't think of the name of the talent, but it's in there somewhere ?

6 hours ago, WylieFox said:

Can I give my cores to an Org I start?

Yes. You will need to create an org and train the above skills, then tokenize each static construct and use the key you get for the org you created (r-click the key in your active inventory, expand the 'for org' submenu and click your org name).

Thanks guys! Looks like I can keep expanding! For the good of the flight path's around Market 7 on Alioth, though, I'll take it easy expanding the height of my tower... ha.. it's getting pretty dangerous with everyone's towers loading out of nowhere

On 12/31/2020 at 12:13 AM, Fra119 said:

How many core can you have using this trick?

I believe someone calculated it to be a total of 900 cores in your org if you max out all three skills to L5 Plus your original 15. 

4 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I believe someone calculated it to be a total of 900 cores in your org if you max out all three skills to L5 Plus your original 15. 

Wat?! Didn't imagine this much, sounds a little bit overkill for my needs but I'm glad I will no longer worry about core number xD

2 hours ago, SSampson said:

I am maxed on my org skills if anyone needs a legate for rent.

This is an interesting idea for earning money. Similar to professional board members in corporations. Build a set of skills and connections in game that orgs would find valuable and get paid to just be a Legate for the org.

first you could probably beg people to donate a beta key account to your project. That would solve a lot of issues.

There are only a handful of options available:

• If you have maxed out your architect talents it will open up more cores
  • If you start a shell org and go into the org talents at the bottom of the mining tree you can effectively double your max cores.
  • You could buy a second account if you run out and just use them for all the talents you lack once you have maxed their cores out.
  • You could have your alt account start a shell org too effectively quadrupling the number of cores available to you
  • You could make a friend who shares your vision and if you are lucky they will devote their cores to your goals.
  • You could make lots of friends.

There is also a teraforming route:

• Buy the surrounding tiles around the territory with the tower (if you can or dont already own them)
  • While you mine just collect all the dirt/sand/snow/etc (agaain if you can not sure about your hauling potential)
  • Turn off teraforming rights to yourself in the 6 surrounding tiles so that when you build up with teraforming you can create the frame on the hex corners and you can essentially frame out your tower with the basic voxels.
  • You could also grab a bunch of people to help fill the whole thing in since it is easier to use the flatten tool to essentially create 20ft floors if you can space the layers out enough. You can also use the smooth tool and clever tool placement not unsimilar to voxelmancy to create smooth walls while the flatten tool is capable of flat floors. Together you can pretty much build the frame or hollow it out and save on cores for more important parts of the tower.

Those are about all the ways I can think of just off the top of my head. I am personally going to attempt that teraforming route as it seems like the most bang for my buck since I dont need any honeycomb talents and im willing to take the time to hand craft it, flatten, and smooth the rough framework to essentially make socket spaces for static cores to fit in. Or after I build the tower structure itself then having the nice hex shape that you can just put the cubes directly onto the sides for platforms or whatever.

I do understand the need for more cores if you have already built an elevator. With teleporters being the way they are I get why you needed so many cores to get up there. Personally I am going for the approach that I will be maxing T5/T5 container range (2+km) which 1.5km tower is good enough for anti grav which I intend to build a nice side platform again out of smoothed out dirt that is 7 hexes worth of platform. Plenty of space for what I need or if I got the architect / org core route or alt route with the same specs. It certainly wont look as clean as just pure voxel cores but teraforming is no joke if you know how to do it and take the time.

Well in any case I would join an org as a token legate for about 10 to 20 mil a month really not that much in the grand scheme of things. And if I needed to vote on something it would be up to that orgs super legate on how I vote. I have my own org and I don't think you would ever see me minus payday. Don't make the payment I leave.  That would be the biggest issue the org.  As they would be instantly over these core limit.