Holiday Chat & Cheer

NQ-Naunet

Hi everyone,

What are you all doing for the holidays? ? Whether or not you celebrate anything in December, I'm curious to know what you've got on the go! 

We're set to enter another round of lockdown where I'm from (t-5 days), so I plan to do a whole lot of nothing. I might do some extra baking (because why not eat like a bear in hibernation?) and play Earthbound for the first time. That's a game that always managed to elude me, so I feel like it's finally time to see why it's such a classic. ;)

Can't wait to hear from all of you!

Hey Naunet! :)

I think this year will be my first "digital New Year's Eve" in a long time. Will there be free fireworks in DU? Are some of NQ's going to be there to celebrate the new year? :D

btw. We are currently in lockdown in Germany, but somehow it doesn't really change my life. I work as usual and play as usual xD I'm very grateful about that, in fact, not everyone is that lucky. So Christmas only involves the closest family. It's a bit of a shame, but also relaxing compared to the other years. Luckily I don't have to shop for presents on the last day because everything is closed. xD

23 hours ago, Underhand Aerial said:

Hey Naunet! :)

I think this year will be my first "digital New Year's Eve" in a long time. Will there be free fireworks in DU? Are some of NQ's going to be there to celebrate the new year? :D

btw. We are currently in lockdown in Germany, but somehow it doesn't really change my life. I work as usual and play as usual xD I'm very grateful about that, in fact, not everyone is that lucky. So Christmas only involves the closest family. It's a bit of a shame, but also relaxing compared to the other years. Luckily I don't have to shop for presents on the last day because everything is closed. xD

Heyyy Aerial!! ❤️ 

You know what? I think there just might be some free fireworks. Don't quote me on it just yet, but I have heard talks!!! I also know we're trying to organize a fun stream-a-thon... more on that to come! ;) 

I SO FEEL YOU ON THE GIFTS FRONT. I was kind of relieved to not have to go shopping this year! I don't mind staying indoors with just one person. That's when I'm the happiest. :D 

15 hours ago, Arctic_fox said:

Likely working and taking my rig through a snowstorm or 3. Gotta keep them wheels a rolling and that freight aflowing.

Oh cool, are you a long haul driver then? :) What do you do to keep yourself occupied when you're on the road for hours upon hours? Do you enjoy having the time to yourself?

1 hour ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Oh cool, are you a long haul driver then? :) What do you do to keep yourself occupied when you're on the road for hours upon hours? Do you enjoy having the time to yourself?

Yepper im an over the road long hauler. Usually only go home every 4 to 12 weeks. As for what i do i have my trusty ol laptop to play DU and other games on. As for if i enjoy it. Yes and no, i miss having actual irl friends and family but im also not hugely fond of large groups of people so its a mixed bag and depends on the day.

1 hour ago, Arctic_fox said:

Yepper im an over the road long hauler. Usually only go home every 4 to 12 weeks. As for what i do i have my trusty ol laptop to play DU and other games on. As for if i enjoy it. Yes and no, i miss having actual irl friends and family but im also not hugely fond of large groups of people so its a mixed bag and depends on the day.

I'm not overly fond of big groups either, and trucking has always had a certain allure to me as a result. I think it's really cool that you bring your laptop along to play DU on the road!!

How long have you been doing that? :) 

1 hour ago, NQ-Naunet said:

I'm not overly fond of big groups either, and trucking has always had a certain allure to me as a result. I think it's really cool that you bring your laptop along to play DU on the road!!

How long have you been doing that? :) 

It has its charms though your waist wont thank you for the experince XD. As for the laptop, since late alpha for this game and ive been running a laptop for gaming since around 2010ish. Its gotten better now that mobile data is as fast as it is and SSDs solve a lot of random hard drive deaths. Not great but as long as i abuse hotspots and carry an extra SSD if mine goes kaput its good enough. Main challenge is getting a good sturdy laptop. Speed is good, resistant to vibration and bumps is better.