Old industry machines - am I missing something?

JoeKing

Since my VERY modest industry ground to a halt after #23 Ive been slowly buying schematics to get things moving again, however, I cant use schematics in some of my existing machines as they are not the right 'type'.  So looking at the markets, there are different levels of each machine now, so for example, I blew a fortune on an Assembler XL the day before the dreaded patch was announced - and now wont take any schematics. On the market they are now listed as 'Advanced Assembly Line'.   Also I cant insert the Steel schamtic in a Smelter M, even though the production shaows it can be made in this unit...?

Does this means that my old machines are effectively useless? or are they still capable of producing anything at all? Is there somewhere this information is available?  Is there some kind of list showing what each machine can still produce? Or have I lost a ton of cash forever?

thanks!

Check the schematic description carefully. For smelters, make sure you have the "product" schematic and not the "Honeycomb" schematic. Only a moron would buy 8 honeycomb schems thinking they were product schems. Not me, nope. Wouldn't be me.

WTS lots of honeycombs schems :)

You probably purchased steel honeycomb schems, that's why they don't go into smelter M.

"Steel schematics" = honeycomb

"Steel product schematics" = the material used in crafting stuff

You can say "thank you" directly to NQ, no need to go ballistical here.

4 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Wait, so the honeycomb schematics don't actually have the word honeycomb in the name?

Some does, some does not, can't remember exactly which one have it, it's something like pure ore honeycombs have the word "honeycomb" in the schematic's name while product honeycomb does not.

It has to be like that cause yesterday I stared for like 30secs at a steel schematics wondering why I bought it twice before realising it was for the honeycombs.

Btw, they should really group more schematics togheter, I understand having ores/products/elements separated, it's fine, they are part of the progression, but items like lights or doors or furniture in general shouldn't be all gated behind 1 schematics each.

It seems pretty obvious that the schematics were not all done by the same person eg, silver pure, pure sulfur.  It also seems that they were unable to attend meetings at the same time (maybe covid was to blame).  Anyway once you get used to it its OK.

Now, the real reason I'm posting here.   It would be really nice if there was some visual difference between machines.  Even if it was just colour coding.  For example basic has the standard orange highlights, uncommon = green, advanced blue and so on.  Should be not too much work?

looks like a perfect foolproof system.  wouldn't it be easier to just introduce a research mechanism and forget the quanta dump?  There are so many creative ideas to generate a system that might not be faster (for those who gained trillions of quantra) but would be more logical, research.