Spaceboys ask big wipe

Kormolos

Honestly id prefer no wipe. A wipe only hurts the game for the most part from what i can see. Even moreso if no bots save schematic bots are around.

Sure it "levels" the playing field but what happens when a group like say boo or hyperion can get all their players on? they will have large factorys for basic S and even M parts on day one by pooling resources and nano packs to make basic parts for larger elements. By the end of the first week they will be producing TCUs and TSUs to go find and claim megas assumeing they arent in the same spots as before. They will have by relitive terms huge ships compared to everyone else and are highly unlikely to sell any excess parts to the market. And its highly likely by the time solos and small orgs have S ships flying and start produceing enough TCUs and TSUs most of the better land will be claimed already by the mega orgs.

Meanwhile smaller orgs and solo players will be struggleing to get their first XS ships off the sanc moon (no bots and its HIGHLY unlikely big orgs will sell TCUs and TSUs early on) and into the air because it takes weeks or months to get small factorys up to produce even S elements on welfare money. Plus all the solo factorys and mini org factorys we have now flooding the market with cheap parts wont be around and supplies of said parts will be low and super expensive for a long time. Especially with early on quanta being destroyed at such a massive rate as large orgs build up to larger and better elements.

This will force players to either form new mega orgs to try and get ahead. Or to join existing orgs at the bottom of the pecking order as a mining serf with minimal prospects of climbing the ranks. And for those who think "oh the market will settle eventually" sure it will. But it will be long after the big orgs get an even tighter death grip on the economy and all but squeeze small players out of the market or just outpace everyone internally so vastly it doesnt matter. And this is all ignoreing issues like game changes conatantly turning the market on its head for small groups and solos.

There is exactly zero good that can come from a wipe as all it does is cement the death grip on the economy for big orgs and destroys the handful of small or solo factorys we have now keeping everything supplied. Plus with there being so little content all it will do short term is kneecap the playerbase.

Maybe later on when we have more and better gameplay loops, more money faucets, and more varied ways for players to make money. Then a wipe will make more sense. Right now though it makes zero sense and all it will do is shove a sword through the gut of the game.

2 hours ago, Arctic_fox said:

Honestly id prefer no wipe. A wipe only hurts the game for the most part from what i can see. Even moreso if no bots save schematic bots are around.

Sure it "levels" the playing field but what happens when a group like say boo or hyperion can get all their players on? they will have large factorys for basic S and even M parts on day one by pooling resources and nano packs to make basic parts for larger elements. By the end of the first week they will be producing TCUs and TSUs to go find and claim megas assumeing they arent in the same spots as before. They will have by relitive terms huge ships compared to everyone else and are highly unlikely to sell any excess parts to the market. And its highly likely by the time solos and small orgs have S ships flying and start produceing enough TCUs and TSUs most of the better land will be claimed already by the mega orgs.

Meanwhile smaller orgs and solo players will be struggleing to get their first XS ships off the sanc moon (no bots and its HIGHLY unlikely big orgs will sell TCUs and TSUs early on) and into the air because it takes weeks or months to get small factorys up to produce even S elements on welfare money. Plus all the solo factorys and mini org factorys we have now flooding the market with cheap parts wont be around and supplies of said parts will be low and super expensive for a long time. Especially with early on quanta being destroyed at such a massive rate as large orgs build up to larger and better elements.

This will force players to either form new mega orgs to try and get ahead. Or to join existing orgs at the bottom of the pecking order as a mining serf with minimal prospects of climbing the ranks. And for those who think "oh the market will settle eventually" sure it will. But it will be long after the big orgs get an even tighter death grip on the economy and all but squeeze small players out of the market or just outpace everyone internally so vastly it doesnt matter. And this is all ignoreing issues like game changes conatantly turning the market on its head for small groups and solos.

There is exactly zero good that can come from a wipe as all it does is cement the death grip on the economy for big orgs and destroys the handful of small or solo factorys we have now keeping everything supplied. Plus with there being so little content all it will do short term is kneecap the playerbase.

Maybe later on when we have more and better gameplay loops, more money faucets, and more varied ways for players to make money. Then a wipe will make more sense. Right now though it makes zero sense and all it will do is shove a sword through the gut of the game.

No offence to you, your post is well written.  It just seems to me that everybody is suddenly an expert on economics.  Economics itself is hardly a science and we rarely see economist agree in the real world.  I'm just stating this because what you have said sounds great.  Somebody else (even me) could argue the exact opposite and it would sound great too.  The thing is we are trying to predict the future.  The vast majority of predictions about the future are wrong.

14 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I'm all for a wipe with regular blueprints, schematics and talent points retained. The "magic blueprints" are  a bad plan to begin with IMO as it would not repair the damage that caused the current situation to begin with.. 

The economy in game is broken because NQ has permitted and continues to allow several big orgs and players to benefit off of oversight, mistakes, bugs and exploits which were apparent a day after the full wipe prior to the beta start. They have continued this throughout beta so far. The economy not starting is not because of "isolationist and self sufficient" solo and small group players but due to big orgs who have no need to feed or use the economy in game at all as they are entirely able to tend to their own. And the mission system coming in three months will not change any of that as they will use it only to cater to their own members exclusively and spread the wealth internally.

IMO industry was wat kept most solo and small group players interested in the game as it was the only real gameplay there is. Now Industry is reset to where it should go/be according to NQ, but there is nothing in the game to fill the hole that this change left and the mission system will not do anything to resolve that either and as said, I believe that the creative instance will just make most players only interested in building and design away from the live game to live in the instanced creative sandbox.

And yes, going by the steady decline of exposure for DU on Twitch, with pretty much a handful or less of streamers holding on for now, and no signs of NQ having any plans to actually start promoting the game otherwise one has to wonder where the next wave of subscribers will come from. NQ is going to have guest streamers on their twitch channel but I can't see streamers who draw in low double digits viewers on their own channel make a difference besides turning people off from tuning in when the channel goes live. From what I understand streamers who can actually be entertaining to view have not even been invited and several have already dropped the game from their schedule following 0.23 ...

Twitch viewers for DU, the last Q&A did not even register as a spike because the audience was fragmented across several sites, creating the impression (for each) that viewer count was low where total number may have been reasonable. No idea why they choose to stream this across platforms.

DUtwitch.png

SOURCE

Frankly.. A wipe as mentioned above at this time (especially when it brings in the new planet tech as well) can only yield a positive result as the existing situation is pretty much rock bottom anyway.

I've taken a long break from the game and I'm still not returning because I'm still not motivated to play. This account is a Ruby Backer and even with a lifetime sub, I haven't logged on for 2 months now because this is about my time, not the money.  I'm not sure if I will ever come back to DU given the current state of this game and the chance of them actually turning this thing around. My English is not that good, I would say that it is fair but not at your level. I agree with the points of this Blazemonger. If I can elaborate what I think without difficulty with the language, it be this! I support these points based on the presented reasons -- they are more reasonable. 

What I would like to add is while they announced that August 27th will be the Early Access of this game, this game even right now, is not close to an Early Access quality. If they keep our progress as it is and let the exploiters benefit from this vacuum, it will really be Early Access. Things were so easy to acquire early on and now it is becoming harder as they radically change the game as part of balancing without a wipe to follow at some time later, now tell me if this will not have any significant impact on the economy? it will! Have you heard of oligarchic system? This will be DU if you insists on wiping. My point: what would you people prefer? Keep the game as it is, I mean you can justify not wiping it because they announced the Early Access--an "Early Access" is supposed to be permanent after all--, and do what is best for yourself, or do what is best for the game and for all of us including the future potential players, go back on your word and wipe the game after it's actually ready for Early Access (which right now it is not). The game is not ready for Early Access, that is the point! 

What would be best for the game is to move the Early Access later, if you don't, then you are accepting the quality of this game as permanent right now and your progress as permanent right now on a game that is changing radically as part of it's balancing and development process. The game right now is screwed and you want it to be permanent? A lot of people have already left and it's very unlikely that I will come back. You want this game, at the state that it currently is right now, to be permanent? Fine, keep it permanent! Let's see how many of you would lasts! 

6 hours ago, Warlander said:

I feel like everything is out of whack and it needs a hard wipe to fix.

The very moment fullwipe is announced (without keeping assets via magic constructs, talents etc) I would instantly delete the game and cancel sub, rest of my corporation quite likely. Solo players have to invest so much time to be even remotely competitive, small companies same. The only thing a wipe would do is delete the hard work of small groups and individuals, which can sometimes, more often than not, resemble 8 hour shifts. As the game lacks content, those long hours have been often tedious hours of looking for ore, mining, and some fun hours of setting up industry or building ships. I/We play this game on an assumption that this is not a "classic early access game" where you  pay 4-25$ once, and then you get to play and test the game but accept that this is just it - testing period. We pay a monthly subscription like this is a full release and logically - treat it as such.

Yes, content is lacking, yes, no matter what you can do in this "sandbox game" at this stage you will end up mining; some people might try trading, there is a point in that role especially post schematics patch. PvP is non-existant atm, expect in a form of an agreed event or pure roflstomp on a person afk slow-boating as they don't have warp. What we need is more content, not a "wipe/restart" which will make us on "even footing" with others. It never will. In fact, it will make things far worse. Think about it - we had some resources if not raw cash before .23. We had a starting point, and we all - some to lesser some to greater extent used it to buy schematics, which allowed us to produce stuff after .23 hit.

Now, lets see what you are REALLY asking for:

Post hard wipe, Day Zero: You start the game in a starting speed00, happy for a moment that everyone is on "equal footing". After spending weeks to mine stuff, only to sell it to bots (yes, you will have to, because no player will have money to buy if you try to produce screws/pipes), you've built a most basic t1 "factory" producing......hmm, likely L containers AT BEST. "Its a good idea, everyone will need containers". Few days later you've found out the sad truth. Your container's price is bashed to oblivion because so many people had the same idea, solo/small group players like you. You cant sell schematic because others are trying to sell it too. Eventually you can try for half price or so.More mining later, you found a product which sells.  "Meanwhile, deep in the Caribbean", t2 engines are popping on the market, and someone is taking orders for warp drives. They are, ofc, overpriced. With some research, leet "socialskillz", you found out its a 40 man corp, with a fully set t3 factory. "HOW!" you yell? I got work I got family I cant play 24/7! I am quitting this! I cant play more then 4h/day!". After initial rage subsides, you,  determined to keep "even footing for everyone bcs mah rightz", decide to take a vacation and play 2 weeks straight. After enough mining to make your eyes bleed, you look at fully set t1 factory with several t2 schematics. You did good! You are competitive! While selling your hard earned goods on the market, you notice an L ship landing with anti-grav..full of t4/t5 ore....perhaps, after all, it was better to spend the time with family instead of mining....*Looks at calcium in inventory sadly*....*looks at all that cryo on market*.....alt f4.

If you want to "catch up" the big orgs, atm, you can. "You, too can have an L core with anti-grav". You, too can farm for "golden pvp ship". You cant replace lots stuff like they do, you are not sitting on a large hoard and you need to work harder to get stuff you want - but at the same time, there is some much more of a feeling of an accomplishment if few people did that, instead of something being just handed to you for "free". Adapt, evolve (destroy when pvp comes actually) and be patient for new content if you believe in game as much as I do, but don't ask for hard wipes without thinking what they ACTUALLY bring - sudden death to all but groups of 30+, who will leave after 3 or 4 months as they wont have anyone to play with, be superior over, or even sell stuff to.

Finally, do you really believe that after release hits, and 6 months pass, no one will join game? What will that person who just joined say first? "Omg this needs a hard wipe I cant compete!". Be careful what you wish for.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, SneakySnake said:

Wipe = death for DU. Since patch 0.23, a lot of people have gone. Look at the Twitch there are 12 viewers. Wipe will kill online completely. I don't want to rebuild all again.....

not sure what is worse, a wipe or to continue with what we have including all the stuff some got by information they should never have gotten and other stuff in the catogory, where there is smoke....

But beta is beta and no release so there should be glitches and such. Only difference is that a normal beta ends with a wipe and maybe the players get a week head start.

No idea what would be better, if we get more changes that define the core of DU and drive us away from the kickstarter ideas a wipe would be best.

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

not sure what is worse, a wipe or to continue with what we have ...

Wipe is worse.

Because it will produce unpredictable losses in already thin playerbase. Especialy after NQ condemned us for this "schematics grind" in which many people already invested literaly days of soulkilling grind. It will be cruel mockery to wipe AFTER this.

48 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

not sure what is worse, a wipe or to continue with what we have including all the stuff some got by information they should never have gotten and other stuff in the catogory, where there is smoke....

But beta is beta and no release so there should be glitches and such. Only difference is that a normal beta ends with a wipe and maybe the players get a week head start.

No idea what would be better, if we get more changes that define the core of DU and drive us away from the kickstarter ideas a wipe would be best.

It doesn't matter what others have, all that it matters - in a game - is that you are having fun, or not. At the moment game definitely doesn't need a wipe, what it needs is a content, a choice to do various things from login to logout. Missions they want to introduce will help but will become stale content in a month or two on their own. "Space trucking" is cool, I like it as an idea, and it will prolong game lifespan (even in current state.)

What this game needs badly is PvE, set in levels/tiers so people who are afraid of losing stuff can stick to easy difficulty and low rewards, and HC players have their adrenaline on higher tier missions/challenges/events/locations...

Second thing it badly requires is ore regeneration on SOME level/some mechanic of it. With those in place, game will have enough content/activity that people are not bored. Once PvE is used for ship/element/weapons balance, a proper incentives need to be given for PvP as proper, real "endgame". PvP should definitely not be like it is now, a carrot is missing, and territory warfare should fix that.

Of all the things listed, only thing that wipe accomplishes is killing the game and forcing everyone to start with nothing, again, and grind / mine until their eyes bleed. Also, keep in mind that discussing wipes in this manner only makes a large number of players uncertain will the "WIPE WIPE WIPE!!!!" advocates will win or that wipe >MIGHT< happen, even at end of beta, and automatically they have ZERO Incentive to log in the game and put effort in the game as they >MIGHT< lose it all if wipe happens = even less players online thanks these talks.....

Yes, some people exploited, and some people "exploited". Some used bots on start in first week or two to sell ores and gained mils of quanta in advantage over others - in the long run, 100 mil doesn't mean anything. Dont forget that they decided to go with EVE GTC/Plex system, if someone buys 4-5 plex will he gain equal "advantage over others he/she shouldnt have" ?

Schematics were a soft wipe. Next one is coming Energy Management, one more after that with territory warfare. Each of those will change the game enough to be considered such.

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

Will you reimburse me the hours spent on the digging and my money? Did I do everything in vain?

If there was a wipe losing countless hours spent grinding would be demotivating, but even worse is losing what you have built. And by that I mean proper creative building. No amount of talent points or quanta reimbursement is going to give back the energy and creativity needed to rebuild such things.

10 hours ago, Underhook said:

No offence to you, your post is well written.  It just seems to me that everybody is suddenly an expert on economics.  Economics itself is hardly a science and we rarely see economist agree in the real world.  I'm just stating this because what you have said sounds great.  Somebody else (even me) could argue the exact opposite and it would sound great too.  The thing is we are trying to predict the future.  The vast majority of predictions about the future are wrong.

Its less predicting the future or being an economic expert, and more logically assesing what will happen via math, logic and experince. Lets break down a few key points of my post even further so you can see my thought process.

First i stated assumeing people get what they want and wellfare is the only way money is injected, that large orgs will get a death grip on the economy. For the sake of this discussion lets assume a small org is 5-10 players, a medium org is 10-25, a large org is 25-50 and a mega org is anything past that.

Now in this fictitious scenairo that means everyone who starts gets around 400k after tuturoials and daily wellfare. That 50 man org will have 20,000,000 to begin with if they all pool resources. The medium org will have 10 million, and a small org 4 million while solos have 400k. And this is disregarding any alts they may have. And keep in mind this is day one.

Now those large orgs assumeing they have their members make the bare minimum machines they need and craft as much as posible in their nano packs to save on schem costs can have several industry units kicking out everything from engines to containers on day one. Plus even logging off wont slow them down much. Just assign a person to que <insert part here> in their nano while being linked to a box before they log off amd they can play human factory.

This means on day one you will start seeing S core ships with S and M engines from medium to mega orgs. Granted only a few here and there but regardless. Meanwhile small and solo groups will at best have a couple of units or maybe a mule from the scam shop. And keep in mind NONE of this money is going back into the economy. Its all being deleted and going poof. So no one is going to have large stockpiles of money. And no one sane org is going to sell parts on the markets until all of their members have at least a S core ship and enough production to start moving people into larger nicer ships. So the math bares out what i am saying here.

Now keep in mind each day with wellfare, large orgs get 7,500,00 medium get 3,750,000 smalls get 1,500,000 and solos get 150k. So by the end of the first week large orgs have 65,000,000 in factorys. medium orgs have 32,5000,000 Smalls have 13,000,000 and solos at best have 1,300,000. So this bares out my assertion mega orgs will be making TSU and TCUs to scan and claim tiles early. And this is once again assumeing NQ doesnt just leave the megas all in the same places as before for them to go claim from records pre wipe.

Again keep in mind no SANE org will sell elements to the general public before all their members have at least a S ship. Not unless they want an exodious of players looking for better homes that wont exploit their labor for no gain at all. So its unlikely if much or even any production going to market yet. And if it is it will be for as much as they can get away with to delete more money. So just the math and common sense alone bare out what i was saying.

This process will compound each day, week and month it goes on. So for those saying big oegs have an unfair advantage because of bugs and exploits what will a server wipe change? All it does it take the tools smaller orgs have away and punish them while firmly putting the game in the hands of megas and rewarding them. Even adding bots back in only accelerates this process. Not changes the outcome.

Again this is all based on the game as it is NOW. Maybe with additional game loops, money generation, and stuff to do a wipe will make sense LATER. Right now all it would do is compound the problems and drive away a ton of players for exactly zero reason. It doesnt fix the "fairness" problem, it doesnt help small groups and solos, it doesnt "punish" big orgs for imagined slights. It just takes a steaming piss all over the heads of most current players while you call it rain.

The alternative is allow PVP specifically to target your bases, ships etc so we can blow them up for you and thus it is hard wipe for you and your organisation :) problem solved.

Yes I agree PVP or what we think is a world building game where players can forge alliances or go to war.  Sadly those features not in.

5 minutes ago, Honvik said:

The alternative is allow PVP specifically to target your bases, ships etc so we can blow them up for you and thus it is hard wipe for you and your organisation :) problem solved.

Yes I agree PVP or what we think is a world building game where players can forge alliances or go to war.  Sadly those features not in.

Yes and no. As one of the evil carebears ill say what we need is less pvp mechanics and more pvp incentives. Examples include but are not limited to

pvp enabled rare resource zones.

Safe zones along "shipping lanes" with long streches of pvp space between them as well as astroids with ore so we "carebears" who dont have hours a day can travel between planets while giving pirates a place to sniff around and incentives for groups to patrol said shipping lanes or offer anti-pirate services as well as a reason to risk our ships for streches at a time. 

Faster travel so its worth ignoreing warp instead of using it as a main option.

RNG "wrecks" with transponders to fight over.

PvP enabled zones on planets where you need to hold territory for desireable resources be them ore, power, excivation of old parts.

And many more. Keep in mind we "carebears" arent opposed to pvp, we are opposed to pvp for the sake of pvp, not pvp for the chance of gain.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:33 PM, Kormolos said:

I ask for a general WIPE and without BP magic.

Eh, y'know what. I'd be game. But only if they release the new biomes and AvA PvP along with it. Alioth would be pure carnage! XD

I think that would really only be viable for full release, to be quite honest. Once they've got all of the pillars built and tested. Yeah, mining for everything would be cancer, especially with people hunting for mining ships, and blapping them while you're down there mining on Alioth. Having security details 24/7 when you're not at your home base. 

To be quite honest, if they just removed the safe zones (while giving us the tools we are supposed to eventually have), it would be quite interesting, regardless of having the game wiped or not. 

On 12/21/2020 at 3:36 AM, Elitez said:

And how can NQ gather critical economical data with a 100% wipe?

If you haven't noticed  they really care less about critical economic data... I mean... they pushed patch .23 :)

And that is despite pleas and pages written to them saying this would be a bad idea. In the end what has this patch achieved? More mining. More tedium. More grind. This whole market idea is a fail since there are no unique items. All that will happen is dilution. At some point everyone will be able to build everything.  And the markets will be obsolete again. Centering gameplay around markets to force player interaction.... lol.

NQ thinks that stretching out the current content is content in itself. All they did was create a padding economy that is boring as hell in a soap opera.

No unique elements.

No new content.

PVP is even more pointless.

The game logic of schematics is laughable.

41 minutes ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

Eh, y'know what. I'd be game. But only if they release the new biomes and AvA PvP along with it. Alioth would be pure carnage! XD

I think that would really only be viable for full release, to be quite honest. Once they've got all of the pillars built and tested. Yeah, mining for everything would be cancer, especially with people hunting for mining ships, and blapping them while you're down there mining on Alioth. Having security details 24/7 when you're not at your home base. 

To be quite honest, if they just removed the safe zones (while giving us the tools we are supposed to eventually have), it would be quite interesting, regardless of having the game wiped or not. 

Sounds good. I am game too. But who will play during 2021 knowing they will wipe ? :)

12 minutes ago, Elitez said:

Sounds good. I am game too. But who will play during 2021 knowing they will wipe ? :)

Not me. It took me months to build what I have today and it is only 30% finished 12 story condominium building. I work two jobs so all the time I have to game is 2 hours or less. Wiping me means me doing another 3 months of work. please no.

7 hours ago, Arctic_fox said:

Its less predicting the future or being an economic expert, and more logically assesing what will happen via math, logic and experince. Lets break down a few key points of my post even further so you can see my thought process.

First i stated assumeing people get what they want and wellfare is the only way money is injected, that large orgs will get a death grip on the economy. For the sake of this discussion lets assume a small org is 5-10 players, a medium org is 10-25, a large org is 25-50 and a mega org is anything past that.

Now in this fictitious scenairo that means everyone who starts gets around 400k after tuturoials and daily wellfare. That 50 man org will have 20,000,000 to begin with if they all pool resources. The medium org will have 10 million, and a small org 4 million while solos have 400k. And this is disregarding any alts they may have. And keep in mind this is day one.

Now those large orgs assumeing they have their members make the bare minimum machines they need and craft as much as posible in their nano packs to save on schem costs can have several industry units kicking out everything from engines to containers on day one. Plus even logging off wont slow them down much. Just assign a person to que <insert part here> in their nano while being linked to a box before they log off amd they can play human factory.

This means on day one you will start seeing S core ships with S and M engines from medium to mega orgs. Granted only a few here and there but regardless. Meanwhile small and solo groups will at best have a couple of units or maybe a mule from the scam shop. And keep in mind NONE of this money is going back into the economy. Its all being deleted and going poof. So no one is going to have large stockpiles of money. And no one sane org is going to sell parts on the markets until all of their members have at least a S core ship and enough production to start moving people into larger nicer ships. So the math bares out what i am saying here.

Now keep in mind each day with wellfare, large orgs get 7,500,00 medium get 3,750,000 smalls get 1,500,000 and solos get 150k. So by the end of the first week large orgs have 65,000,000 in factorys. medium orgs have 32,5000,000 Smalls have 13,000,000 and solos at best have 1,300,000. So this bares out my assertion mega orgs will be making TSU and TCUs to scan and claim tiles early. And this is once again assumeing NQ doesnt just leave the megas all in the same places as before for them to go claim from records pre wipe.

Again keep in mind no SANE org will sell elements to the general public before all their members have at least a S ship. Not unless they want an exodious of players looking for better homes that wont exploit their labor for no gain at all. So its unlikely if much or even any production going to market yet. And if it is it will be for as much as they can get away with to delete more money. So just the math and common sense alone bare out what i was saying.

This process will compound each day, week and month it goes on. So for those saying big oegs have an unfair advantage because of bugs and exploits what will a server wipe change? All it does it take the tools smaller orgs have away and punish them while firmly putting the game in the hands of megas and rewarding them. Even adding bots back in only accelerates this process. Not changes the outcome.

Again this is all based on the game as it is NOW. Maybe with additional game loops, money generation, and stuff to do a wipe will make sense LATER. Right now all it would do is compound the problems and drive away a ton of players for exactly zero reason. It doesnt fix the "fairness" problem, it doesnt help small groups and solos, it doesnt "punish" big orgs for imagined slights. It just takes a steaming piss all over the heads of most current players while you call it rain.

Sounds fair.  So, dont wipe now, wait til release?

30 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

Long story short: With a wipe too many established players will go. Without a wipe not enough new players will come. It seems NQ went into a very unpleasant position.

I hope you realise some of us are joking and our main argument it will always be, they've said no wipes, they wipes DU 5 times already and now they want to analyze data. I can do this all day, just tell me how short do you want me to be. Developers have a tool to to measure player progress. After 4 months (NOW), after 120 days, they can measure LOTS and LOTS of things....

1: If they wipe, from Heroes we are all zeroes. We start mining again...2-3 months from now we are here, december 23 progress. What will be different? The speed of progress. Do you think its hard to calculate the speed of progress knowing the speed of progress during last alphas and beta day 1 until the present? They can do it and they are doing it.

2: They wont wipe but they are still wiping us. While we speak new players and old players are mining, selling ore to bots, they get quanta and buy industry recipes. This is a soft wipe. This is the wipe you are asking? If yes, its happening, if u want another wipe, you need to understand that it wont happen because progress is too fast.  ALL the elements currently in the game will be used in the future during next patches to test different type of pvp activities.

a)asteroid fights scenarios
b)atmospheric pvp scenarios
c)Territory warfare pvp scenarios
d) other types of pvp scenarios (ava) ?

In order to test new abcd we need progress and we cant test it next year during Q2-Q3 if we are wiped now.

I dont believe any1 here cares about John Doe and Jane Doe who will come in DU next summer after they finish their beautiful vacation. OMG, a space game, lets test it. Why these people are so advanced? Wow they played a lot? and invested lots of time in DU? WoW, lets DU the same so 3 months from now we have our working industry. No, nobody cares about anything beside their own interest on long term relationship in sandbox games while they can also get involved in short projects and investe time and grind for whatever these players want to achieve.

And i honestly believe, its not your business to think about other Players who will join in the future or at release. Its NQ's business to do it. What we can do ? We can tell them this:

Create a starting planet with different settings: New player accounts only. Should be created after release. Time spent on planet: Max 30 days? speed of Ore farmed? 2x-3x current speed. Bot price? x2 - xwhatever. Player can leave anytime they want from the planet or auto-kicked with everything they have after 30 days. I can tell you so many ways that NQ can do for New Players after release to close the gap between them and us until it will become boring.

It is what it is. I honestly dont understand why its hard to use the progress you have to create content ? Go out in space and have some fun. Go camp pipes, go help new players, go build, etc.

Its Du boring? maybe you can take a break, Leave and return when more content is here. Its best for your health also. Its not ok to be involved in projects you dont like.
If you care about DU, wait a bit, the show just started. Let them push more content and enjoy the ride while you slowly progress.

PS: i am not pointing at you, generally speaking.

o7

I fail to see the reason why care-bear scrubs who think they have the prettiest base in the game think a wipe will fix things. No, it will just re-enforce how they, still, will be scrubs after the top players in the game will consistently progress past them - what then, they will call for a wipe again, and again

btw, I think there should be a VERY small newbie zone and NO safe zones for endgame players, period - you want to progress past T1, venture in the danger, else there is no game

Quit wasting our time.

-- Drexxx