Spaceboys ask big wipe

Kormolos

hello, i'm a big player with thousands of hours on DU already since the beta started. We have one of the prettiest bases in the game (Spaceboys) on Sanctuary, very well developed.

I ask for a general WIPE and without BP magic. A new start on the basis of the original 0.23 with Sanctuary as the only safe place as promised at the start.

No more ships with 30 wings, pvp everywhere except sanctuary.

breaks elements whatever the conditions (PVE / PVP / crash etc)

here

bonjour, je suis un gros joueurs avec deja des milliers d heures sur DU depuis le lancement de la beta. Nous avons une des plus jolie base du jeu (Spaceboys) sur Sanctuary, tres bine dévelloppé.

Je demande un WIPE générale et sans BP magic. Un nouveau départ sur les base de la 0.23 originale avec Sanctuary comme seul lieu safe comme promis au départ.

Pas de ships avec 30 wings, pvp partout sauf sanctuary.

casse des éléments quel que soient les conditions (PVE / PVP / crash etc)

voilà

2 hours ago, Kormolos said:

hello, i'm a big player with thousands of hours on DU already since the beta started. We have one of the prettiest bases in the game (Spaceboys) on Sanctuary, very well developed.

I ask for a general WIPE and without BP magic. A new start on the basis of the original 0.23 with Sanctuary as the only safe place as promised at the start.

No more ships with 30 wings, pvp everywhere except sanctuary.

breaks elements whatever the conditions (PVE / PVP / crash etc)

here

bonjour, je suis un gros joueurs avec deja des milliers d heures sur DU depuis le lancement de la beta. Nous avons une des plus jolie base du jeu (Spaceboys) sur Sanctuary, tres bine dévelloppé.

Je demande un WIPE générale et sans BP magic. Un nouveau départ sur les base de la 0.23 originale avec Sanctuary comme seul lieu safe comme promis au départ.

Pas de ships avec 30 wings, pvp partout sauf sanctuary.

casse des éléments quel que soient les conditions (PVE / PVP / crash etc)

voilà

You failed to provide information why a wipe is needed . Also the Developer said there wont be wipes. That is what lured people in the game. Thats why subs are running.  There is nothing wrong with the game atm and atmo pvp is few months away. Lots of ppl will leave if they wipe the server because if you are a big org and you lose the progress for no reason, you wont have a reason to play.

Take a break, take few steps back and enjoy Christmas if u r bored.

You are in a middle of a wipe atm, soft wipe but its still a wipe.

There are legitimate reasons for a wipe. Restart with no bots , just let people keep their skill points thats it. Still to wipe now means you can justify wipes later for other big systems introduction. The people who' drank the no wipe cool aid heads would explode.

The safe zone being limited to Alioth and its moons only works if pvp is entirely revamped. Currently its totally broken and everyone knows it. Sanctuary moon only is a no go. Can you imagine the tools sitting around in large cores blasting every newb that makes into space the first time for kicks?

I am all for a hard wipe, but I can see the value in putting a few more core system in place before shattering peoples delusions who missed the whole "unless unavoidable" qualifier to no wipe statements. Any wipe needs to have no magic blue prints , and NO bots that buy anything, and only sell things players are cannot craft yet like schematics.

I understand the sentiment, going full carebear and even rolling back element destruction due to whining has me concerned as well the devs will ever take the training wheels off.

Why though?

why are people so obsessed with other people's progress in the game.

Progress in games like this is cumulative.  You progress over time.  Through patience, and effort.

There's no leader board.  No ranking.  You can't be the winner.

Just let people play the game. 

56 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Why though?

why are people so obsessed with other people's progress in the game.

Progress in games like this is cumulative.  You progress over time.  Through patience, and effort.

There's no leader board.  No ranking.  You can't be the winner.

Just let people play the game. 

You can be the winner because PvP. If you have a dozen or so Orgs that were able to gain resources on an order of magnitude more than the people who come during launch, and they can then easily roll them and take the launch players resources, snowballing more - if crates a small group of oligarch like farmers who farm everyone else until they quit.

4 hours ago, Elitez said:

Also the Developer said there wont be wipes.

Stop spreading misinformation please. That or provide source stating that NQ guarantees there will not be a wipe.

NQ _never_ said there wil not be a wipe during beta.

And yes, when you maintain a blueprint of your constructs and your skill points return to the pool when NQ resets everything else, that is still a wipe

Wipe = death for DU. Since patch 0.23, a lot of people have gone. Look at the Twitch there are 12 viewers. Wipe will kill online completely. I don't want to rebuild all again.....

34 minutes ago, SneakySnake said:

Wipe = death for DU. Since patch 0.23, a lot of people have gone. Look at the Twitch there are 12 viewers. Wipe will kill online completely. I don't want to rebuild all again.....

only death and rebirth can save DU

The main problem with a wipe, is that DU has active subscription players. So if there is a wipe in a game where players are paying for content that is supposed to be permanent, do the subscription players get a refund? And if not, then what exactly did the subscription players pay for?

There is also the problem that a wipe would probably lead to a mass exodus (even more so then 0.23). Speaking for myself a wipe now would be the final death knell for me at least. JC said there would be no wipe in a stream some time ago (can't be bothered to find the exact one), and I have proceeded accordingly. In later streams he has revised to saying they will avoid a wipe if possible, which basically means the same thing. In my opinion the last opportunity NQ had for a global wipe, was the last test release they did shortly before the beta release with subscriptions.

And lastly, what exactly will a wipe achieve beside from reducing the already dwindling player count?

I hear a lot of talk about how a wipe will save the economy etc, but I fail to see how. Large org's will do large org things regardless, and 0.23 has only made the divide larger. There has already effectively been a industry reset for all players. So how is a global wipe supposed to 'save' the game? Solo players and small org's will never be able to compete with larger ones regardless. And the titans will soon be able to dictate large parts of the game wipe or no wipe. Especially in a game like DU that has a small player base.

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Stop spreading misinformation please. That or provide source stating that NQ guarantees there will not be a wipe.

NQ _never_ said there wil not be a wipe during beta.

And yes, when you maintain a blueprint of your constructs and your skill points return to the pool when NQ resets everything else, that is still a wipe

I am pointing fingers at players asking for 100% wipe of the game, talents, bp, everything.

Why ask for a wipe when you are in the middle of a wipe ?

And how can NQ gather critical economical data with a 100% wipe? Permanent element damage patch will erase the history of all outposts outside safe zone within 3 months. Why should NQ wipe DU when we can do it ? It doesnt make any sense at all for any1 to ask for a wipe.

49 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

The main problem with a wipe, is that DU has active subscription players. So if there is a wipe in a game where players are paying for content that is supposed to be permanent, do the subscription players get a refund? And if not, then what exactly did the subscription players pay for?

There is also the problem that a wipe would probably lead to a mass exodus (even more so then 0.23). Speaking for myself a wipe now would be the final death knell for me at least. JC said there would be no wipe in a stream some time ago (can't be bothered to find the exact one), and I have proceeded accordingly. In later streams he has revised to saying they will avoid a wipe if possible, which basically means the same thing. In my opinion the last opportunity NQ had for a global wipe, was the last test release they did shortly before the beta release with subscriptions.

And lastly, what exactly will a wipe achieve beside from reducing the already dwindling player count?

I hear a lot of talk about how a wipe will save the economy etc, but I fail to see how. Large org's will do large org things regardless, and 0.23 has only made the divide larger. There has already effectively been a industry reset for all players. So how is a global wipe supposed to 'save' the game? Solo players and small org's will never be able to compete with larger ones regardless. And the titans will soon be able to dictate large parts of the game wipe or no wipe. Especially in a game like DU that has a small player base.

There is nobody on this forum asking for a wipe thats able to write more than 5 words saying why a hard/full wipe is needed :) There is no such thing as healthy economy no matter which reality you use for reference. It was needed for our progress to be shut down and its ok.

A wipe doesnt make any sense considering most of us are here for no 100% wipe progress. If your progress is back on your inventory as bp (containers filled) i can live with that.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

JC said there would be no wipe in a stream some time ago (can't be bothered to find the exact one), and I have proceeded accordingly. In later streams he has revised to saying they will avoid a wipe if possible, which basically means the same thing. In my opinion the last opportunity NQ had for a global wipe, was the last test release they did shortly before the beta release with subscriptions.

JC/NQ have remained on the position that they will not wipe unless they are unable to avoid by repairing damage during beta. That is all they have said, there is no guarantee they will not wipe.

I do not believe a wipe will cause the mass exodus some here seem to think will occur for one because there is no mass to exodus.. There is very little to indicate the actual sub count player wise is all that high and it is not at all unlikely that a wipe would in fact bring in more new players than would leave. A poll here shows that less than 25% of players actually stated they would leave and IMO a good part of that would in fact stay and start over with rest of us.

And having a sub would not be (or should not be) a factor in this as you would retain your Talent points as they would be returned to the pool and you you get a blueprint for your constructs. At this time I could also see NQ retain schematics.

The number of players who would effectively leave the game once NQ brings in the creatieve instance, as they will pretty much move there and no longer take part in the live universe, will be a further reduction of the risk of a wipe as that would not affect them at all since this instance has unlimited building material and elements available to them. Right now the game looks like an abandoned amusement park, so many cube shaped bases on the planets where nothing moves anymore as the residents have left, half built and abandoned builds high up in the air all around. The number of players at districts has noticeably reduced. Districts are a wasteland..

41 minutes ago, Elitez said:

I am pointing fingers at players asking for 100% wipe of the game, talents, bp, everything

I'm all for a wipe with regular blueprints, schematics and talent points retained. The "magic blueprints" are  a bad plan to begin with IMO as it would not repair the damage that caused the current situation to begin with.. 

The economy in game is broken because NQ has permitted and continues to allow several big orgs and players to benefit off of oversight, mistakes, bugs and exploits which were apparent a day after the full wipe prior to the beta start. They have continued this throughout beta so far. The economy not starting is not because of "isolationist and self sufficient" solo and small group players but due to big orgs who have no need to feed or use the economy in game at all as they are entirely able to tend to their own. And the mission system coming in three months will not change any of that as they will use it only to cater to their own members exclusively and spread the wealth internally.

IMO industry was wat kept most solo and small group players interested in the game as it was the only real gameplay there is. Now Industry is reset to where it should go/be according to NQ, but there is nothing in the game to fill the hole that this change left and the mission system will not do anything to resolve that either and as said, I believe that the creative instance will just make most players only interested in building and design away from the live game to live in the instanced creative sandbox.

And yes, going by the steady decline of exposure for DU on Twitch, with pretty much a handful or less of streamers holding on for now, and no signs of NQ having any plans to actually start promoting the game otherwise one has to wonder where the next wave of subscribers will come from. NQ is going to have guest streamers on their twitch channel but I can't see streamers who draw in low double digits viewers on their own channel make a difference besides turning people off from tuning in when the channel goes live. From what I understand streamers who can actually be entertaining to view have not even been invited and several have already dropped the game from their schedule following 0.23 ...

Twitch viewers for DU, the last Q&A did not even register as a spike because the audience was fragmented across several sites, creating the impression (for each) that viewer count was low where total number may have been reasonable. No idea why they choose to stream this across platforms.

DUtwitch.png

SOURCE

Frankly.. A wipe as mentioned above at this time (especially when it brings in the new planet tech as well) can only yield a positive result as the existing situation is pretty much rock bottom anyway.

I've been saying 'Wipe' for a while now. They did a wipe in Elite Dangerous and the game just got stronger, we had all sorts of updates in SE where you lost stuff we had built, but when a game is pre 'full' release in any stage, wipes can happen, don't play if you can't cope with a wipe..

I had millions in ED, plus the best ship in beta, but when they wiped, it all went. But for the good of the game, starting with a level playing field for 'all' at release, it was very important the wipe happened, it brought lots of new players in.

4 minutes ago, Triopalite said:

I've been saying 'Wipe' for a while now. They did a wipe in Elite Dangerous and the game just got stronger, we had all sorts of updates in SE where you lost stuff we had built, but when a game is pre 'full' release in any stage, wipes can happen, don't play if you can't cope with a wipe..

I had millions in ED, plus the best ship in beta, but when they wiped, it all went. But for the good of the game, starting with a level playing field for 'all' at release, it was very important the wipe happened, it brought lots of new players in.

A major difference is in DU, those that are "ahead" will stay ahead. Even a total and complete wipe one person can't compete against 10 as far as materials schematics and industry goes and 10 people can't compete against 30. I think that's where the major difference is why wipe when it really won't make much of a difference and everybody won't be on an equal footing anyway?

Honestly the only people I see obsessed with no wipe are the ones who have exploited mechanics to this point to get what they precive some permanent advantage. When this topic comes up in my org everyone is perfectly fine with the idea old and new alike.

Almost everyone also agrees Bots have been and remain the biggest mistake DU made and continues too make.

But let's just keep on plugging away giving some merit to people that exploited bots to gain the "wealth" and epeen in game and now their entire argument revolves around keeping those gains. If those players quit over a wipe which they wouldn't no matter how much they scream , we would probably be better off as a community anyway.

51 minutes ago, XKentX said:

Did it cross your mind that this is the reason why some people don't play SE and play this game ?

Way more people play SE, there isn't a comparison really. I've been playing SE for 6yrs or so, since first available. It seems stronger now than ever. The SE update vid recently got 4000 live views, DU got 800 live views at the max, it shocked me really. It really should be the other way around for a new game, there should be much more interest in a new game than a game 6yrs old. But there isn't.

I played DU, I enjoyed it for a while, but SE & even Empyrion, out shine DU, for me anyway.

I hope DU wipe the game and make the changes it needs. They should not have come out of Alpha, it was too early with still too much to put in place. If they get everything where they want then wipe the game, then I believe, the game will be reborn. I play all these space based voxel games, I love them. SE, Empyrion, Starmade, Starship Evo, DU even Minecraft in space. But I also want them to survive.

46 minutes ago, Deintus said:

A major difference is in DU, those that are "ahead" will stay ahead. Even a total and complete wipe one person can't compete against 10 as far as materials schematics and industry goes and 10 people can't compete against 30. I think that's where the major difference is why wipe when it really won't make much of a difference and everybody won't be on an equal footing anyway?

I agree, Orgs will always do well, but that is the Eve side of the game. I stopped playing Eve some time ago, not because of orgs, but for the freedom of building my own ships. That for me is the thing that brings me to these games. I really don't mind orgs doing well, I just don't want to be part of that side of the game.

5 minutes ago, Triopalite said:

Way more people play SE, there isn't a comparison really. I've been playing SE for 6yrs or so, since first available. It seems stronger now than ever. The SE update vid recently got 4000 live views, DU got 800 live views at the max,

There are even more people playing stuff like Fortnite so what ?

Game that has wipes is different from the MMO game that doesn't have wipes.

DU is MMO without wipes. I came to play that. If it would be SE/Empyrion wipes every now and then thingy I would not play it.

I am not playing fortnite, it's not "my game". I play MMOs.

4 minutes ago, XKentX said:

There are even more people playing stuff like Fortnite so what ?

Game that has wipes is different from the MMO game that doesn't have wipes.

DU is MMO without wipes. I came to play that. If it would be SE/Empyrion wipes every now and then thingy I would not play it.

I am not playing fortnite, it's not "my game". I play MMOs.

But the game is in Beta, not full release. They said they 'hope' not to have to wipe the game. I just think it would help because the game really is still Alpha, from what I have experienced. They released into beta too early.

In early access games, expect the unexpected.