Support chat (or not...)

Saedow

Support chat in it's current state is not working as it should. Too much talk about other stuff there. At the moment there is just too much confusion with many players and I feel bad about it. Support is extremely important to keep the player base happy and satisfied. Things can and should be improved. Maybe the chat channel labels can be more clear, maybe add a description with the purpose for every chat channel when a player gets online and sees the chat channel for the first time. Also players should get bans for a few hours or so if they abuse the chat channel's purpose. Maybe there are not enough employees at NQ to moderate the chat channels all the time, but maybe NQ could work with volunteer players to moderate some channels. Chat channels should be moderated.

Here ar my thoughts:

• player support for stranded peeps should be in a channel called: "local support" (I will not fly to Madis to help someone stranded while I'm on Sanctuary...)
  • player support (no local help needed) should be the channel: "support"
  • there should be a discussion chat (universal) to chat about DU wherever you are. Channels: "discussion EN", "discussion FR", "discussion DE".

No chitchat in the support channels, do it somewhere else... (discussion, coorporate, local)

Rules are there to make life easier and more clear.

Just a few thoughts, sorry about the rant.

Yes, the support channel sometimes gets crowded with non support writings. But...what I have seen is that many players are actively helping each other due to the whole server being on one channel. Separate that and no one who can help a new player will be in the support channel. There is no way NQ can answer to the 25 questions per minute that are currently being handled easily by the whole community.

33 minutes ago, Burble said:

Yes, the support channel sometimes gets crowded with non support writings. But...what I have seen is that many players are actively helping each other due to the whole server being on one channel. Separate that and no one who can help a new player will be in the support channel. There is no way NQ can answer to the 25 questions per minute that are currently being handled easily by the whole community.

This. When I first started a month or so ago, I had questions that tutorials and the minimal game instructions did not answer. The community there, whether talking about loose morals of mothers or just giving out the joke of the day, responded quickly, immediately, accurately. I myself have never been trolled or ridiculed there.

Yes they need better ingame communications, thats a fact. It has been asked for. Eventually it may or may not come, but in the meantime any moderation in the ONE channel we all have would serve to just anger more players.

3 hours ago, Burble said:

Thats why  we asked for community support  and global, and possibility to split chats, so we can talk about anything on global, watch community support in case someone needs help with in game questions, and leave current Support channel for NQ staff