Generic voxel error and invalid cell version

Fra119

So I've been mining my first mega node the whole morning, I've been slowed a lot by pending operations so haven't extracted that much (about 200kl) but as I was digging I noticed I was about to reach the border of my tile. 

I was excited by the thought of this node being split between 2 tiles, more ore!

An then I found it, the void.

In the second tile there's only a gigantic hole, I investigated and found no entrance, hence it shouldn't be player-made, also the node in my tile is surgically cut following the tile's border.

I read something about NQ messing with meganodes so I didn't cared that much, the real issue is that I can't mine the existing node anymore, I keep getting those 2 errors: generic voxel error when mining the ore and invalid cell version when digging the ground.

Any workaround?

Relogging didn't fix the issue. 

I had a similar experience mining out some T3 which had taken me an age to get to, i was about 20m away and i just kept getting the ‘invalid cell version’ message. So I restarted the game, and then was brought back to the surface, with all traces of my tunnel gone... dont know what the issue was. I redug another shaft nearby and got to the node with no issue..very odd.

• 5 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 2:30 AM, Fra119 said:

For me it solved by itself by simply logging out for like an hour or so, like when you get stuck with pending operations.

I’ve been trying restarts and clear cache for 3 days, no joy. Others in this thread it looks like months. 

Worryingly my situation escalated in a week from 1 or 2 chunks I could repair and ignore, to dozens of chunks, to permanent corruption where the area is invisible and can't be edited at all - affecting a ship I'd spent weeks building, now unusable. If corruption is going to propagate this way for others, NQ need to jump on it fast as it can quickly make things unplayable. [EDIT: 3 videos of corruption escalating over days attached to ticket #51888]

Hey friends ...

Same problems for me...

When mining i get these errors :

1) PENDING OPERATION - This happens when digging  ( A lot of that )

2) INVALID CELL VERSION - This happens when you mine or dig ( More rare than first error )

3) SERVER ERROR - This happens when mining  ( Changing position sometimes helps - More rare than first error )

4) COMPUTING DATA - This happens when scanning for distance for ore to find it and no ore is present in the scanner . ( Waiting some time and then retrying is helpful  - Happens often )

Hope that helps devs aim to repair the game.

Habitant

Habitants Organization

Cell corruption update! If like me you have a chunk within a construct that appears to have become permanently corrupted, here is a possible workaround: Note that drawing a new voxel into a corrupted chunk will temporarily restore the chunk, but pasting voxels into a corrupted chunk will propagate the corruption and make it semi-permanent. This is important because EMPTY SPACE CAN ALSO BECOME CORRUPTED. I had an invisible corrupted chunk when rejected a paste of some voxels then escalated from there. However, if you restart, then built a dendritic structure throughout the empty space in the area (pic) until you trigger another 'invalid cell version' prompt - indicating you have fixed the invisible corrupted space - you will then be able to proceed as normal (until the next time your corrupted construct loads and potentially becomes corrupt again.) image.thumb.png.a578530350022c6b4164cb2bc614516e.png