Kill all bots

Wildcard64

18 minutes ago, Umibozu said:

Right now building meaningful sized factory requires effort, before patch one could start manufacturing beacons few days after starting the game

Where are you going with this, sorry I'm not following.

I do agree that it should be a amount of time before you can manufacture top tier items.

7 hours ago, Penwith said:

Ah, so now we get to your real argument.

Thank you, but no.

I am not interested in the game being leveled just in time for full release because "fair." I care nothing for how much or how little others have. I do care about the hundreds of hours, expanding to thousands of hours, put into building a rather large ground base, spanning more than one hex.  

Life is inherently not fair. When we are born, some have more and some have less, how they acquired or lost their wealth is immaterial to my success or failure.

Anyone can choose to join the paid beta. If they delay, it's on them, not me.

Ah I see. So your entire argument is based around you keeping your stuff. I have hundreds of hours into extensive projects as well. It has nothing to do with 'what is fair for blah blah'. You paid to join a beta so I have no more sympathy for you then you have for those who join post release if they were never to wipe. If you were afraid of losing your effort you should have waited for release.

That being said my advocation for a wipe is purely from the point of view that a player based free market needs to start from scratch elsewise the progression curve they sought to implement with this rather drastic change in 0.23 is forever crippled by the glut of resources acquired in the easy mode and basically free production that came before it heavily influenced by the excessive cash exploited from the bots.

Your personal sense of loss is to be frank, is just as irrelevant as any other players "if you do X I quit" statement.  

21 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Ah I see. So your entire argument is based around you keeping your stuff. I have hundreds of hours into extensive projects as well. It has nothing to do with 'what is fair for blah blah'. You paid to join a beta so I have no more sympathy for you then you have for those who join post release if they were never to wipe. If you were afraid of losing your effort you should have waited for release.

That being said my advocation for a wipe is purely from the point of view that a player based free market needs to start from scratch elsewise the progression curve they sought to implement with this rather drastic change in 0.23 is forever crippled by the glut of resources acquired in the easy mode and basically free production that came before it heavily influenced by the excessive cash exploited from the bots.

Your personal sense of loss is to be frank, is just as irrelevant as any other players "if you do X I quit" statement.  

It is a basic human right to keep the fruits of one's labor. So, having a similar expectation as a result of potentially thousands of hours of effort is not unexpected nor unreasonable, even within a game. Were this Rust, then there would be grounds for a totally different expectation, but after repeated "no more wipes before launch", sets the stage for the expectations that I and many others have. This was not a conditional statement on NQ's part, "no wipes between August 2020 until full release," btw. It is to be expected that during a beta, gameplay will change, but restarting the world is not a gameplay change.

That said, there are several ways in which the economic imbalance can be addressed without eliminating everything. One of which is a progressively costly energy system which escalates based on the amount of elements one deploys in a base. There are more ways in which to do this, including a progressive tax on what is in our wallets. Or a tax based on our many hexes we've claimed. In the latter case, I'd be happy to pay that, given enough warning to prepare for it.

The thousands of hours spent in total on designing ships, would be gone. Well, they can keep the BPs, then, is the counter-claim, but that's not a true wipe, now is it? So, those people with BPs of good ships will start with a tremendous advantage over others, as they will know exactly what works, ship-wise, etc., etc., etc.

My personal sense of loss will be just that, and shared by a great many other players. Not a few, but a very large number. The reaction to 0.23 would be small beans in comparison.

8 hours ago, Wildcard64 said:

If you had read what I had actually wrote i am advocating for removal of bots with no wipe, let the market balance itself and we continue on. But thanks for you useful input.....

Right now when new players are getting into the game? and they are soft wiping ? not needed

23 hours ago, Penwith said:

The thousands of hours spent in total on designing ships, would be gone. Well, they can keep the BPs, then, is the counter-claim, but that's not a true wipe, now is it? So, those people with BPs of good ships will start with a tremendous advantage over others, as they will know exactly what works, ship-wise, etc., etc., etc.

Anyone having played before retains the knowledge of "what works" so letting people keep empty BPs does not prevent said players from having to participate in the new progression curve to be able to actually build said BPs. So that is really a straw man argument.

I watched JCs interview before 0.23. He said no wipe "unless unavoidable". If you are operating on the idea they won't wipe before release no matter what I'm not sure you have reasoned just how many core systems are going to be changed in the next 12 months. I reason there will be at least one regardless and view all projects as simple learning best practices for release. 

Forming some deep attachment to virtual assets is setting yourself up for a profoundly unessisary sence of loss in the future if they wipe or not. 

NQ obviously decided not to wipe at this time. When they eventually do they should put some real mental capital into the simple idea of doing that restart with 0 bots participating in any good made by players or any resourse present in the game. Otherwise they will never reach a point where it time to remove them.

16 hours ago, Xennial said:

When they eventually do they should put some real mental capital into the simple idea of doing that restart with 0 bots participating

Yea I agree the markets are perfectly capable of working properly without bots. Currently, bots are needed as they represent the only quanta faucet besides the daily login bonus. I do think they should have kept in bots for the industrialists to utilize as right now it only helps the miners but when more money faucets appear and are addressable, these bots should die out.