Upside down economy should come with skill point reset

XKentX

Upside down economy - Should we get another chance to reset  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Economy was turned upside down, then we had a chance to respect to the new realities. Now it was turned upside down again making our talents again useless. We should be again given the ability to adopt with a skill-point reset.

• Reset everyone or those who want to be reset
    • Don't reset anyone

6 minutes ago, Fra119 said:

Make it an option, like a NPC or machine that let you do it, first one is free, then there's a fee, like... every other mmo.

It should not be allowed if the game rules don't change direction 180% the other way.

In this case game changed it's economy completely.

Some people dumped mining and decided to go "schematics traders" they are now scrwed.

Some people dumped industry as they couldn't afford it they now can and are screwed up as they can't. They don't have refine/smelt skills.

They did decide in the other realities. Currently the game has again changed, the reality is different. Let people adopt.

I am not saying it should be constant possibility, it should be when you change your game 180% during beta to let people adopt.

4 hours ago, Fra119 said:

Make it an option, like a NPC or machine that let you do it, first one is free, then there's a fee, like... every other mmo.

No, as that defeats the whole purpose of having a skill tree that no one person can ever reasonably fill out. You'd just have people repsecing on cooldown to fill whatever role they want for that week/month.

9 hours ago, XKentX said:

Some people dumped mining and decided to go "schematics traders" they are now scrwed.

Some people dumped industry as they couldn't afford it they now can and are screwed up as they can't. They don't have refine/smelt skills.

They did decide in the other realities. Currently the game has again changed, the reality is different. Let people adopt.

I am not saying it should be constant possibility, it should be when you change your game 180% during beta to let people adopt.

If someone became a trader in schematics, they are not screwed. In fact, they received a partial refund for any that they purchased from the bots. All they need to do is re-list at a lower price appropriate for the latest change. They can still trade in schematics, spending marginally less for the same ones as before, and making marginally less profit (perhaps), due to the lower re-sell price.

Those who buy lots of different schematics in the hope that they sell on the market will likely make less profit over those who trade schematics on a made-to-order basis. If I elect not to spend the time to slowboat (because I don't have a warp engine - I'm not that impatient to need one right now) to buy T2 schematics, I just ask someone who is going off-Alioth if they'll buy a list of schematics for me. I tell them what I am wanting and how much I am willing to pay as compensation. It's not outrageous profit, but if they are already heading there and back, I shouldn't be fronting the cost of their entire trip to do so.

If they don't like the offer, I ask someone else who might. If none accept, I take the trip on my own, offering to buy for others in the process. It's a fair exchange based on player choices, not something subject to the whims of NQ tinkering with schematic prices or where talent points were allocated. Now, if I have higher talents in skills that make my trip less costly, that's profit for me, but I'd expect no one to pay extra for that and neither should I be expected to pay for that.

If players dumped industry because they couldn't afford it, they are not screwed. While it is slightly more affordable, it's not massively so. If they did not take refining and smelting skills, their talent points spent elsewhere are still as useful as they were two days ago.

Declaring that others are screwed because of changes you don't like, whether they happen to agree with you or not, or whether your demand de jour is not enacted, is a poison pill. It does not improve anything.

However, I happen to believe that spending cash for a reset, at progressively higher amounts of cash, would be good for the game. People come into the game with a set of expectations, realizing (if they are attentive) that queuing up talents to learn is the best way forward, and will not know enough about the game to make a truly informed or sensible decision.

If there is a mechanism available to them and everyone, to reset their talents, via a purchase, then that is a much better system than simply hoping for demanding a reset. It should be a low cost for the first one or two resets, but it should get progressively more costly and even prohibitively so as they continue to spend cash for a rest.  It would not be amiss for talents to be reset again when the PVP changes are added, because more folks will be inclined to give those a try. This is what should occur, but if it doesn't no one is screwed by it.

11 hours ago, XKentX said:

respect = respec damn autocorrect

You know you can edit the title by editing the first post right? ;)

But yes, I'd certainly agree there should be an option to respec, I'd even be fine with such an option being available say every 6 months or so. I see no harm in that.

If that were to become a thing, NQPlease do add a "apply to queue" option for the pool so we do not have to click through every single skill.

He's right. It is not fair to change the rules of the game during the game. Yesterday I didn’t need industry skills because I didn’t have enough money for schemes. Today schemes are cheaper, I have enough money for them, but now I need skills! Damn it, if you change the rules of the game - please reset skills first! Better yet, add some, I don't know, a button in the skills menu, by which we can reset skills once to those who need it.