Has NQ just wiped my profession again?

Underhook

So the announced changes sound like they will make the player base a lot happier. Good.

There is a problem though.  

1)  Some players, like me, took NQ's advice and didn't speck into industry.  So, does this mean our points will need to be reset again?

2)  I put almost all my points into pilot skills.  I'm currently a merchant buying, transporting and selling schematics.  I just checked my price and I'm competitive.  I normally sell around 7 to 10 schematics overnight.  Last night I sold zero.  Its seems obvious this was leaked (again).  It also seems that people with all their funds tied up in schematics are now bust?

Frustrating, I'm sure its not intentional but, some of us did what NQ wanted us to do, did they just screw us over?

24 minutes ago, Underhook said:

So the announced changes sound like they will make the player base a lot happier. Good.

There is a problem though.  

1)  Some players, like me, took NQ's advice and didn't speck into industry.  So, does this mean our points will need to be reset again?

2)  I put almost all my points into pilot skills.  I'm currently a merchant buying, transporting and selling schematics.  I just checked my price and I'm competitive.  I normally sell around 7 to 10 schematics overnight.  Last night I sold zero.  Its seems obvious this was leaked (again).  It also seems that people with all their funds tied up in schematics are now bust?

Frustrating, I'm sure its not intentional but, some of us did what NQ wanted us to do, did they just screw us over?

Do it made to order. People are offering it in chat all the time, "I will pay someone to..."

Thank you for trying to listen and provide the changes that are actually needed given this latest update. Despite people's constant complaints about individual needs and desires you wade through it and are doing good in many aspects of this beta test. Thank you. 

23 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

Yep. ATV (Alpha Team Vanguard) needs to be dissolved and changes like this made public to everyone before they happen.

We don't know such things beforehand. We are as uninformed as you are. But feel free to take your frustration on us. We will nevertheless keep working for the community, no matter what people say about us. ?

43 minutes ago, Underhand Aerial said:

We don't know such things beforehand. We are as uninformed as you are. But feel free to take your frustration on us. We will nevertheless keep working for the community, no matter what people say about us. ?

Sorry.  Any ideas where the leaks are coming from then?

For any schematic you sold you get some reimbursement as they are made cheaper. Your customers do not.

Imagine you bought a schematic for 100, sold it for 120, you made 20 bucks. As you did the market transaction, you get the price difference reimbursed, so if the schematic costs 60 in the future, you get another 40. The poor soul who bought it from you paid 120 and gets nothing back.

Schematic trading prior to the patch, whenever that is, is a gold mine right now, and some guys who don’t read the discord day and night are screwed for buying stuff on the market by players like you.

If NQ takes player2player trading into account when reimbursing, there will be 2 people who bet on it and just traded the same schematic for some item nobody ever looks up back and forth 1000 times for 1 quanta (no fees as schematic costs nothing to store), and those two guys are rich.

Best way to avoid this would be if NQ just made the schematics void, let bots buy them for old price and sell new ones with the new price. Which means anybody with a large factory needs to set everything up again for a few hours, as there is no QoL feature like a central schematic storage for your base. And as QoL is the lowest priority, just after implementing flying pigs, this will not happen.

One way or another, every patch currently has random winners and losers (less random for people who get the info first). And this time you are a winner OP.

7 hours ago, Underhook said:

Sorry.  Any ideas where the leaks are coming from then?

Once you have been in this game for a couple of years, you will notice some predictable patterns with how NQ does development.

1. NQ releases large relatively untested patch with sweeping changes

2. Backlash from community.

3. NQ has to back-peddle to mitigate the damage done

So my guess is that experienced players realized the 0.23 schematic situation would have to be changed, and where looking for the smallest hint from NQ as to when it would happen.

Hint. I have hardly used any of my talent points yet. And I will wait until 0.24 at the earliest before I do.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

Once you have been in this game for a couple of years, you will notice some predictable patterns with how NQ does development.

1. NQ releases large relatively untested patch with sweeping changes

2. Backlash from community.

3. NQ has to back-peddle to mitigate the damage done

So my guess is that experienced players realized the 0.23 schematic situation would have to be changed, and where looking for the smallest hint from NQ as to when it would happen.

Hint. I have hardly used any of my talent points yet. And I will wait until 0.24 at the earliest before I do.

Thanks for your experienced view on the situation.  Regarding skill points.  I'm pretty sure they are going to have to reset them again as they just moved the goal posts again.

2 hours ago, Underhook said:

Thanks for your experienced view on the situation.  Regarding skill points.  I'm pretty sure they are going to have to reset them again as they just moved the goal posts again.

i would suggest not waiting , just filing a ticket arguing that you have followed JC recommendation and adjusted your skills outside crafting professions due to very high cost of schematics, and now those have been changed again, so youre back to having more options. Request talent skill point reset

5 hours ago, Umibozu said:

i would suggest not waiting , just filing a ticket arguing that you have followed JC recommendation and adjusted your skills outside crafting professions due to very high cost of schematics, and now those have been changed again, so youre back to having more options. Request talent skill point reset

I did exactly that, and they replied with "Oh, we are sorry you are screwed"