[Discuss] We've Heard You!

NQ-Naunet

On 12/25/2020 at 2:28 PM, Emptiness said:

All of which were spent in cryo, with no technological development occurring. Our ingame tech level is still back where it was when the arkship left Earth.

They werent able to download talents at 90exp per min then did they have tin can sting internet 10000 years ago too in this history? You would think it would be the matrix that only took a hundred or so years to get instant dl brain implants and yet they didnt also have the same tin can string internet chugging away for 10k years downloading civ talents like age of empire progression through eras? Right now its like somehow we got here yet we are somehow still in the dawn of space travel like the wright bros both litterally and figuratively with the overboated amount of parts creep and needing like 12 Ls just to fly 2 containers half way normal, and when I mean half way normal im talking it fliles like its going to have twins pregnant. We only rated it for iron since it was the heaviest thing at the time but it could easily require 2x that if we grab anything other than gold. You should see what our 14 L container ship looks like. It reminds me of the first dog fighting planes but with 3 rows of 5 stack wings and we are still trying how to fit more without killing max speed, min sustained lift, and everything else add more parts creep since you cant add 1 part without balancing a wing/stabilizer, adjustor, brake, etc just because of all the weight you need engines and then rinse and repeat.

On 1/4/2021 at 2:01 AM, NoRezervationz said:

@Warlander is correct. The current content gate and money sink in the form of schematics is terrible for new players. No one wants to play 1-2 years to be able to do what they want in a game. With all the competition such as Space Engineers, Starship EVO, and Stationeers, that don't have such gateway and sinks, they really don't need to screw it up for new players.

Ive helped a new player get M hauler AGG S - in 10 days :) What exactly its the thing you want to create and you cant buy from market ?

19 minutes ago, Elitez said:

Ive helped a new player get M hauler AGG S - in 10 days :) What exactly its the thing you want to create and you cant buy from market ?

Why did you post the same thing 6 times? It doesn't matter. I've pretty much moved on and am playing other games that aren't ridiculously over complicated for no good reason other than to gate and hamstring progression.

15 hours ago, NoRezervationz said:

Why did you post the same thing 6 times? It doesn't matter. I've pretty much moved on and am playing other games that aren't ridiculously over complicated for no good reason other than to gate and hamstring progression.

Quitting is never an option.

20 hours ago, NoRezervationz said:

Sure it is. As @Lethys said it best.

I see it more as a relationship. Once the devs decide to start abusing their player base, it's time to leave. I've done it with other games and I'm DUing it now. I refuse to be abused.

A relationship with a game? abuses? playing victim card? ? Come man! Its a game....a great game actually :) :)

14 minutes ago, Elitez said:

A relationship with a game? abuses? playing victim card? ? Come man! Its a game....a great game actually :) :)

I don't agree with the claim of abuse, but there is 100% a relationship between devs and the player base for any game that has ongoing development. An example of this is how players react to changes and bugs in the game. Players that trust the developers' vision are more willing to deal with bugs and negative changes because they believe the game will end up better in the long run. Players that have a more negative relationship with the developers and have less trust are more likely to be frustrated and leave the game.

This is one reason transparency and communication between the developers and the players is valuable. It strengthens the relationship between them.

1 hour ago, fiddlybits said:

I don't agree with the claim of abuse, but there is 100% a relationship between devs and the player base for any game that has ongoing development. An example of this is how players react to changes and bugs in the game. Players that trust the developers' vision are more willing to deal with bugs and negative changes because they believe the game will end up better in the long run. Players that have a more negative relationship with the developers and have less trust are more likely to be frustrated and leave the game.

This is one reason transparency and communication between the developers and the players is valuable. It strengthens the relationship between them.

Its called Parasocial relationship and its not healthy. We are NQ's customers. We pay for a service. We can provide constructive feedback and they can make DU how they want BUT not according to our needs or feedback but according to their vision. As customers we should keep NQ close but still at distance, otherwise we have high hopes and expectations that they will make the game how we want it. It happened in the past and it might or might not happen again in the future.

All games have problems, some have major problems after 10+ years so maybe its time to look at the other side of the glass :) at least that is what i am doing.

So many posts are coming out of nowhere where people are unhappy and frozen, unable to write some constructive feedback so NQ and other readers understand why they are not happy.

What is to Come

In the short term, we will push a few corrections to improve 0.23, which include:

• Element destruction will impact the restoration count only when it occurs through PvP, at least for now (not when the ship is colliding/falling as we want to avoid having players penalized simply for crashing their ships because they’re learning how to maneuver them, for example).

So when is this going to happen? Although it does not fix the problems that the "x lives" system has created when it comes to incentives to salvage and pvp, at the very least people would be able to once again fix their ships in game when damage is caused by bugs / lag / voxels and other constructs not loading or when they are simply figuring out a new ship / build and whatnot.

I hate to be negative here, but the implimentation of the "x lives" system has been a major step backwards towards a game we've been waiting for half a decade for since it's initial announcement due to the reasons outlined in several other threads on the subject. NQ said they listened - and while it's not a perfect resolution, it was a re-kindling of hope that maybe they will take the system back to the drawing board and come up with something that functionally achieves the same result without introducing the massive problems the current issue has created. Yet it's just gone completely silent again after the initial announcement - fulfilling the other short term fixes while ignoring this major one. 

EDIT: I also understand that this comes across as a little crass. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate everything that the developers have done so far, and this is an amazing game. The crassness comes from the passion for this game - it is exclusively the only one I'm on since the middle of last year now - but that also does mean that I don't feel like I can just shrug and "go play something else" when I see the group of friends leave the game, people refusing to fly their ship, people just loosing interest in whatever project they were working on in game, and it's especially embarrassing when those people are those you got into the game, hyped it up and recommended it for years - who are now leaving because of bad implementations such as this particular mechanic. A mechanic that goes against the vision NQ has promoted for years and what the direction the game was heading and offered. 

So yeah I'm not rage quitting, or trying to sound pissy and hope that everything said - not just from me but all constructive criticism here - does not come off as some sort of troll rage but is seen for what it is - gamers passionate about DU actually caring in it becoming an amazing game that it's set out to be.

So PVP is the worst part if the game and you nerf it even more ???

Let the elements die everywhere or nowhere. Why you always try to f.up pvp folks ?

There is like 1 kill per week that happens in pvp. That's your element sink ???

On 1/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, Elitez said:

Its called Parasocial relationship and its not healthy. We are NQ's customers. We pay for a service. We can provide constructive feedback and they can make DU how they want BUT not according to our needs or feedback but according to their vision. As customers we should keep NQ close but still at distance, otherwise we have high hopes and expectations that they will make the game how we want it. It happened in the past and it might or might not happen again in the future.

All games have problems, some have major problems after 10+ years so maybe its time to look at the other side of the glass :) at least that is what i am doing.

So many posts are coming out of nowhere where people are unhappy and frozen, unable to write some constructive feedback so NQ and other readers understand why they are not happy.

You're not helping anyone. Parasocial? Naw man, all business contracts (like subscriptions) are a relationship. I pay you money, you make a product that I want. I signed a contract and paid a sub to beta test a game and I get alpha changes being made that break gameplay in major ways. I consider that a breach of contract. They knew before going into this patch they were going to piss people off. Weeks before .32, there was a suggestion similar to the way schematics were actually implemented and it was met with pretty cold reception. They knew it was a shit idea at this time and implemented it anyway. When .32 dropped, they broke my confidence and trust right then and there. It proved to me that NQ has no idea what the majority of their player base wants or what the game actually needed before hand.

Listen, I know you have no real clue that you're not helping retain this customer over here for NQ, otherwise you would've just shut up and continued on with the crap sandwich of a game you paid for. If you really like being crapped on, hey man, stick around and they'll do it again and again.

HERE IS WHY I'M NOT HAPPY: I signed up for a game that advertised that I could do anything, even alone. Great! I signed up. Then, after months of me putting in time to build a small basic industry just to I could toy around with ship building, THEY BROKE THE GAME WITH SCHEMATICS. AT THIS POINT, it was no longer the game that was advertised to me. SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. IS THERE ANYMORE CONFUSION IN YOUR MIND?

8 hours ago, XKentX said:

So PVP is the worst part if the game and you nerf it even more ???

Let the elements die everywhere or nowhere. Why you always try to f.up pvp folks ?

There is like 1 kill per week that happens in pvp. That's your element sink ???

Shut up man. PvP changes are coming. Deal with the wait.

5 hours ago, NoRezervationz said:

HERE IS WHY I'M NOT HAPPY: I signed up for a game that advertised that I could do anything, even alone. Great! I signed up. Then, after months of me putting in time to build a small basic industry just to I could toy around with ship building, THEY BROKE THE GAME WITH SCHEMATICS. AT THIS POINT, it was no longer the game that was advertised to me. SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. IS THERE ANYMORE CONFUSION IN YOUR MIND?

I want to be honest, I feel exhausted.

I've tried to adapt to this new system but it's too much. I've been working towards a few goals but every step involves more and more mining, first for the schematics and then for the materials, I've basically been only mining since .23 landed.

Yesterday I was again mining on alioth when I realized the closest order available with a reasonable price was like on madis, I don't know wtf is wrong with NQ but they'd better hurry and fix this game before it's too late.

4 hours ago, Fra119 said:

I've tried to adapt to this new system but it's too much. I've been working towards a few goals but every step involves more and more mining, first for the schematics and then for the materials, I've basically been only mining since .23 landed.

Yesterday I was again mining on alioth when I realized the closest order available with a reasonable price was like on madis, I don't know wtf is wrong with NQ but they'd better hurry and fix this game before it's too late.

I fear its already too late.  They are going to have to do something dramatic in order to get old players back... and I'm not talking about fixing emotes (their last priority patch).

11 hours ago, Pleione said:

I fear its already too late.  They are going to have to do something dramatic in order to get old players back... and I'm not talking about fixing emotes (their last priority patch).

I think they're waiting to see if the missions system will bring those of us they lost back. HINT: At least for me, nope.

I've been watching Reddit and there have been new players going over there and asking about what there is to do besides mine. Of course now there's nothing to do other than mine when you're brand new. They'll have to slave away for months/years at this rate. Even after the mission system implementation, they'll still be months away from doing anything useful. Oh, and good luck mining the asteroids in the PvP zone. The gankers will be out in force to get easy unarmed kills. That's so dumb.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:20 PM, NoRezervationz said:

You must the most boring person if you think the grind is interesting or even necessary. I'm done with you, and I'm done with this game. 10 more days and my sub ends.

cool, The if u payed attention to the game before u bought it. Its suppose to be a grind. 

17 minutes ago, Sinfil said:

cool, The if u payed attention to the game before u bought it. Its suppose to be a grind. 

No, t wasn't a grind when I subbed. NQ made it a grind with .23. It was a bait and switch, which is considered false advertising.

Most people can tolerate a bit of grind, as long as there is progression. There is no progression in DU now because it's all grind, which is boring. This is why I let my sub run out. I might sub again if/when they lower the grind factor.

Just now, NoRezervationz said:

No, t wasn't a grind when I subbed. NQ made it a grind with .23. It was a bait and switch, which is considered false advertising.

Most people can tolerate a bit of grind, as long as there is progression. There is no progression in DU now because it's all grind, which is boring. This is why I let my sub run out. I might sub again if/when they lower the grind factor.

Bud, Have you ever watched a jc interview. He has always said this is not a game that you will just be able to obtain everything like that. This is a game that is prefered to play with others. Its not no mans sky or space engineers 

On 1/11/2021 at 5:21 AM, Fra119 said:

I feel like the schematics for our 3 man org has created some kind of home business failure sim. With the schematics it basically puts you at least 100 parts in the hole you produce. Seeing as we are still freeing our industry from the hostage situation. Every machine we turn on puts us further in the red. We are reinvesting everything we make back into the industry to fully turn it on while eating more and more parts just to turn it on. Even if we wanted to sell what we make we basically cant make money and in some cases we lose money.

Every machine we turn on also adds to our daily mining quotas which also requires more hours of mining to keep up with production just to break even or lose more money. I feel exausted as well working 10hr mining shifts. I know anything they do to add quality of life to mining destroys everything else in the process but something needs to be done to increase mining, use more materials in crafting, and the amount that can go up on the market. Its out of control honestly and some actual real balance needs to be done or some serious discussion with JC or devs to happen to hash this mess out.

Its like you look at any system here and its hella broken in some way. The problem is that if you change anything now it breaks some other broken system worse then it was broken or exploitable before. Or you get into the punishment cycle of adding more grind, time, tedium, or fun for someone else who enjoys their playstyle. Mining is the root of all evil in this game that is destroying everything down the line connected to it with tile scanners, finite resources, distance, quantity, and screwing over miners who cant even refine ore from their own talent tree so that other people can make money off them and the miner is screwed and only has access to mining 4kl nodes all day. Once mining is sorted out everything else can be balanced to take a lot of the hassle and tedium out of this game to make everything else synched up again.

Scematics should have just been added to the machines then NQ acting like OSHA and coming in and shutting down all factories outside of the megaorgs. It should have just been buying the machines and just making the parts.

Or that Destructive Elements was supposed to take items out of the market to open things up a little. Since people are either using auto pilot scrips and not crashing at all since you can pretty much tell it where to go and it does it perfectly in most cases most people were learning to fly better or add parts to stop from crashing and not losing their parts which is a GOOD thing. The problem came with the structure that basic parts should have 25 item repairs built in and unique parts having 5 losses before things break. There should be no distinguishable difference between parts as they should all be standard and not the 3/5 ratio. Cores make sense at 1 crash but even still there should be graded cores and allow new players 5 crashes with a basic core and a unique core only lasting 1 crash unless your ship is stolen in the process.

But DE elements should not be scrapped as we need something to take items out of the game. Be that based on crashes but also buy usage to an item that based on the 1-100% hp pool reducing hp as you use it to create further gaps between even basic:basic if you just flew 100s of SU and you lose efficiency as you fly, mine, or craft.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"The right approach to set such a price would be to evaluate how much time it takes to recoup your investment by selling the products that the schematics allow to produce. It should be a few months so that the investment is a real commitment and it makes sense to plan for it."

Yea, no.  Grind for money to buy a schematic then use that schematic for MONTHS to break even?  Nope.  Not my idea of fun.  I want to build and craft and enjoy all the systems implemented in the game. 

Further, schematics do not protect the economy they just delay the inevitable.  They are only an initial cost, not an incremental expense which means the market will eventually be flooded with people owning them as a subset of players grind their way to wealth.  The reality is, no video game is going to have an actual functioning economy.  Partly because it is too complex and requires numerous motivators only the real world provides for most people, but mostly because functioning economies SUCK.  Why?  Because for every industrial giant like Rockefeller, you have 100,000 low-level peons swinging a pickaxe.  People expect to be special in video games.  The CEO, not the janitor.  You cannot have an economy filled with CEOs, but you cannot have an enjoyable game when most people are stuck playing janitors (or in this case, miners).  This game is doomed to a VERY niche audience.

(If you really want to keep parts from flooding the market you would be better off with a licensing system which incurs a reoccurring cost.  Still not what I want in a game, however.)