digital rights management

DusterPop

I have tried unsuccessfully to replace my existing text on a screen that I owned before the recent (12/7/20?) update.  The DRM list my name as owner but no matter what blocks I check or uncheck I still can't access the text without being told to contact the owner.  I had a few Screens leftover in inventory from before the update that I just installed and successfully added with text.  Anyone know how to fix this lockout when you are the owner?

7 minutes ago, dogface said:

We've also run into this when attempting to copy voxel from one construct to another. Voxel libraries are pretty hamstrung at the moment.

This, i can put down the voxel libs but i cant copy paste anything which means my creative options are.....limited.

From the r0.23.1 patch notes, the patch that is currently deployed : Fixed an exploit involving Lua DRM

I'm afraid that this so-called "exploit" is the workaround you guys are talking about.
My only hope is that this patch will not reverse that.

15 hours ago, Penwith said:

I've ran into this, also, when coping from one construct I own, and trying to paste into another construct I own.

Had no problem with copy/paste, also I prefer to copy libraries directly into my base to save on core count.

Btw I ran into this issue, I built a simple outpost to carry around when scanning/mining so I could leave there heavy stuff like territory scanners and load more ore between trips, I made a blueprint but I couldn't deploy it,  I had to make a second blueprint out of that first one (blueprintception) and asked me for a fee (like 1k quantas), wth is with that?

Ive got a bit of a curious thing going on too- i built my own ship and recycled some  honeycomb and a few parts from a ship i bought when i started (and subsequently smashed up) all of a sudden it seems the rights from the original builder have been inherited into all the new elements I since added, including all the voxels, engines, controls yada yada. I cant create a blueprint of my creation, and I havent a clue which elements were on the original.. its possibly a support ticket job, but any ideas on how to reset them all for my ownership would be most welcome! (I'm listed as the owner, so not sure where to begin with this one!)