Hover when starting up should not jump up

CptKidd

All  craft should not jump up after being turned off then starting up, but wait for input to adjust speed and direction.

Really bad siting on sea bottom then pilot gets in and craft jump over 200m into the air.

The craft  sea/water does not slow down- have resistance in water cause crashs on sea floor

This is easily remedied if you want such behavior by putting this at the end of the code in Unit > Start, inside your control seat.

unit.deactivateGroundEngineAltitudeStabilization()

To add to this, if you want this behavior to always be the case while driving, you can find and comment (add -- to the beginning of) the following line everywhere you find it in the system tab:

activateGroundEngineAltitudeStabilization()

Happy free-floating mid-water!

On 12/17/2020 at 6:10 AM, CptKidd said:

thanks much for the good idea, but still suggest ship ground effect should be off by default .

You can also find the line in your "unit start" which reads 
Nav.axisCommandManager:setTargetGroundAltitude(4)
and change the 4 to a 0. It's around line 60 - give or take depending how your script got generated by default. 

I do get that you would rather have it set to 0 than 4 - I did too when I started and before I know how to change it - but we as players are given the option to change this behaviour very easily at least :)