DRM Update - fail number one

Mornington

Hi NQ, 

this is for you. Why do you mess up people's playing experience with no consideration of how people actually work in groups? 

I'm in an org. We have org constructs. Obviously every one of them has a core placed by one 'creator' but a lot of them were co-operatively built by two or more people. 

It's Monday morning and I'm off work, but a lot of people in the org are currently at work. Today is my weekend.  

This update you've just done now means I can't edit Lua on org constructs during my day off. 

Instead of a total re-write of all existing constructs you should have made it so creators got to decide if it applied or not, and given them the option. 

Instead you are taking power away from players and wasting our time. 

What next, are you going to delete all existing RDMS so we have to re-write it all and our org falls apart because our mates can't access stuff we want them to because we are at work? 

wow, nice move.

As expected, NQ doesnot think things through.

On a ship I bought, one of the scripts no longer works after 0.23

A patch is available

I want to apply patch

Board is DRM locked to creator of construct, the script is in PD

removing the board and trying to remove dynamic properties will not work

placing board back it remain locked under DRM

This is what is wrong here:

NQ, in their infinite inconsiderate wisdom, just assumes that a construct creator will also be the Lua code owner and so you can't paste in new code, you can't remove the old code and the board is useless if you replace it with a new one as the code can't be removed at all.

Oh, and I just found out they also locked down control chairs so I can't update an autoconfig script .. WHAT A JOKE

50 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Oh, and I just found out they also locked down control chairs so I can't update an autoconfig script .. WHAT A JOKE

I had problem yesterday with basic speeder - had put wings on sides - like in tutorial - and reset to flying - 0.23 reset this to ground controls - reconfig on chair alone did not work, so had to go into Lua and apply - now I guess I can't even do that - wonder if they have changed that tutorial yet? :(

2 minutes ago, Mornington said:

I had problem yesterday with basic speeder - had put wings on sides - like in tutorial - and reset to flying - 0.23 reset this to ground controls - reconfig on chair alone did not work, so had to go into Lua and apply - now I guess I can't even do that - wonder if they have changed that tutorial yet? :(

Lucky you are.
A friend gave me a ship blueprint one month and a half ago. I deployed it, and then modified it a bit (change the closed cockpit to a pilot seat, a data bank, an atmo radar, and so) and finaly I putted the DU-Orbital-HUD script on the pilot seat.
Just after this DRM patch, I checked if all was good on the ship.
It's not. 
I can enter on construction mode, modifying the hull (voxels seems to be appart from DRM), but I loss the menu where I can upgrade the script on the pilot seat, I can't change this pilot seat from an other (with hope that would have fixed that thing), and I can't create a blueprint from it anymore (I did it before the patch and I can't use them anymore too).

NQ say we must redeploy the construct from scratch. But with the 0.23, I can't afford to do that because I'm dry from quantas. 
So I have the ship on its current state, I can fly it, but in case of crash or something mad that could occur in this game, I'll not be able to do anything on the ship, even simply upgrade a script to have it running properly after the next freaking patch NQ would release.

I start to become tired, really.

The game was so fun before 0.23. Now, it's a pain to play it and I think twice before clicking on the DU icon to start the game.

4 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

You can't even change to a standard auto config now on a ship you  did not build yourself unless you replace the seat

This is just going to lead to lots of new players flying ugly looking basic speeders with no honeycomb because they want to add in the autopilot, or wings. :(

4 minutes ago, AlexRingess said:

A friend gave me a ship blueprint one month and a half ago. 

So, does the friend even still play the game? 

Your case has pointed out that there could be players in the game with locked lua and inoperable ships where the original creator doesn't even play the game anymore. 

I guess the solution is a total rebuild by stripping the parts you have, but what a waste of time that is, they really should have checked permission before assuming all creators wanted existing lua locked.

4 minutes ago, Ater Omen said:

Apparently, every constructs in the game have now DRM protection (overriding RDMS). I though only constructs made from blueprints were getting it.

Nah.. that would mean NQ would have to do more than run a basic script. Now anyone you gave access to your constructs (such as alts) no longer can edit any control elements.. makes perfect sense clearly.. All the ships you gave to org members.. They now all have to get back to you with it to have RDMS released to even change the auto config on their ship's control chair..

Why should NQ consider these situations.. how often would they occur.. can't be that often right /s

1 minute ago, Mornington said:

So, does the friend even still play the game? 

Your case has pointed out that there could be players in the game with locked lua and inoperable ships where the original creator doesn't even play the game anymore. 

I guess the solution is a total rebuild by stripping the parts you have, but what a waste of time that is, they really should have checked permission before assuming all creators wanted existing lua locked.

I'd like to being able to strip the ship appart and redeployed it with the elements I'd get back, but I can't.
And yes, my friend will come to me to give me the rights to do whatever I want to this ship.
But it's not the point.
Yes, having to redeploying the construct from scratch is a waste of time. I'd have to grind a lot to earn enough quantas to buy the elements I'll need to do that.
And I need the ship to do that lol !
Flying it would be problematic. I can expect anythings bad happen during the route due to lags, disconnections, etc. So I was stuck with my small industry (I finaly unlocked it by buying few schematics to starting it up again) and now, I can't even go sell the ore I'd mine. I can only go mining. 

35 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Nah.. that would mean NQ would have to do more than run a basic script. Now anyone you gave access to your constructs (such as alts) no longer can edit any control elements.. makes perfect sense clearly.. All the ships you gave to org members.. They now all have to get back to you with it to have RDMS released to even change the auto config on their ship's control chair..

Why should NQ consider these situations.. how often would they occur.. can't be that often right /s

Yea, I can't edit but still have access indeed. So, is there a way to remove or add DRM protection on deployed constructs? 

1 minute ago, Ater Omen said:

Yea, I can't edit but still have acess indeed. So, is there a way to remove or add DRM protection on deployed constructs? 

Yes, deploying the construct again from scratch from the blueprint, which means hours/days of grinding to get enough money to buy the elements. Or, as Blazemonger said, asking to the construct's creator to change drm rights.

2 minutes ago, AlexRingess said:

Yes, deploying the construct again from scratch from the blueprint, which means hours/days of grinding to get enough money to buy the elements. Or, as Blazemonger said, asking to the construct's creator to change drm rights.

Can't you just take the parts off the one you have? Place element with invert (alt) key. 

7 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Only the creator of a construct can do that afaik

Yea but how?

7 minutes ago, AlexRingess said:

The construct was not made from a blueprint, all constructs are now DRM protected.