Are you still enjoying the game?

aliensalmon

I enjoyed the game when the beta first released. I liked exploring the planets and space. I also liked building stuff. I haven't played the game very much for a while now but I hope you guys are still enjoying the game! I hope this game doesn't die soon because there's a lot of possibilities that could arise from what we've got!

I'm thankful for this game for the enjoyment it gave me, regardless.

Taking a break to play through cyberpunk 2077 which I’m loving, since it’s the first story driven, non sandbox AAA game I’ve ever played. Will likely be back in a couple of weeks to see how things are progressing. 
As of now, im just logging in for a minute a day to collect the 150k and keep my skills queued. 

Not really sure what there is to do in game now. Can't really afford to fly my ship because a bug could cause it to crash and then it would permanently lose value... and, I can't replace the destroyed parts because they aren't available on the market.

There's really no way to make money. Bot sales of of T1/2 - even at elevated prices - don't really cover the operations costs.

Well, I designed and built an XS core ship with mostly nano-craftable parts plus a few commonly available industrial parts. I can afford to fly that, but it really can't do much... no warp, not much cargo, no combat survivability etc.

Not sure what the point is if I'm leaving even T3 in the ground cause there's no market.

I could probably go pick up schematics for people except I can't afford to replace stuff on my very expensive courier ship if something goes wrong with the game... and certainly could never replce the lithium voxels it's made of if I somehow lost the ship... a real concern since fetch has been removed and NQ is completely unwilling to help fix problems their bugs cause. Also don't have the money to front people for their expensive schematics.

So, for now, just logging in to collect the welfare check. Not even sure that's worth the trouble. 

I'm not on that level of play by any means, I was just expanding into tier 2 and beginning mass production of medium basic space engines when "The Black Patch" dropped and crippled me.

So far I managed to grab enough schematics for screws, burners, and frames and just producing those and K2 fuel until my ore runs out. I am just collecting my check, setting a short run, exiting to go play another game these days.

I am enjoying the game at the moment.  I decided to forget about my small factories.  The only machines I can use are refinery Lvl2, recycling lvl2 and Plastics lvl2.  So, I am self sufficient for fuel and voxels (I use plastic for most building projects).  The rest of my machines lie idle and I may end up selling them at some point (no point currently).  Put all my points into containers (mass lvl5) and piloting.  So, I'm space trucking.  Other than trucking I am finishing off my space station which I'm really enjoying.

I think the fact that I only needed about 10 cheap schematics has preserved my sanity.  I'm just doing other stuff until the market hopefully sorts itself out (or NQ intervenes)

On 12/14/2020 at 3:05 AM, GraXXoR said:

Taking a break to play through cyberpunk 2077 which I’m loving, since it’s the first story driven, non sandbox AAA game I’ve ever played. Will likely be back in a couple of weeks to see how things are progressing. 
As of now, im just logging in for a minute a day to collect the 150k and keep my skills queued. 

Snap. Enjoy CP ?

Hopefully when/if we come back industry is fixed and market bots have been removed. 

Yes, I am enjoying the game, very much so. I am producing lots of concrete (12 refineries at once) and building for hours a day. Some of that is design and layout, but as I get the foundations sorted, it will be constant construction.

I've placed 13 static L cores in the past few days, adding to the dozen I'd already put down, and am having at it, when not working in RL.

1 hour ago, Penwith said:

Yes, I am enjoying the game, very much so. I am producing lots of concrete (12 refineries at once) and building for hours a day. Some of that is design and layout, but as I get the foundations sorted, it will be constant construction.

I've placed 13 static L cores in the past few days, adding to the dozen I'd already put down, and am having at it, when not working in RL.

Where did you get the L cores?

I made them.

Apart from schematics (I've about 4 dozen of those atm), my market purchases, since I started the game, were limited to 6x elevators. a few plants, and a Mule.

After that (started in late October), I built everything I own, with the exception of a few things that I traded for, having built L cores to that end.

Now, all of my industry efforts are going towards building my base and soon-to-be-open industrial park. 

50,000m3 of honeycomb crafted up, and about 950,000m3 to go, for the planned start of my, eventually, rather sizable base.

Admittedly, I have used the L cores far more quickly than I anticipated, but I got itch an for building and took a day to get things going. I will probably make a bunch more, once I have built up what I have already placed. Otherwise, it would be far too dangerous to take off and land. I've already had at least one person fly right into my base, even with the large glowing logo in the sky that I placed as a warning.

I'm enjoying it for the most part. Lack of content isn't an issue given it's a beta but I will draw parallels with other betas on that front. That said, it's player driven and my group and I are fully immersed in our current project.

My main gripe is technical standards and things that simply make no sense. Batching, draw calls... connection and  to a lesser extent replication it's obvious the gun was jumped in a lot of respects.

The economy is another. NQ are definitely taking cues, but would do well to hire an economist if they haven't already or better support the one they do have as they're currently repeating the mistakes made by CCP and others in terms of the decision making.

11 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

I was enjoying the building/scripting aspect of the game for a long while until I develuped mining PTSD.

And knowing that 0.23 now will require even more mining, my inspiration and will to play the game is at an all time low.

In all the hours I've played thus far, I've done very little mining. But I've not needed to as I did not really spend all that much money, except for claiming hexes, which is nearing 40 or so, at this point.

.23 causes a change in play-style and perhaps another one in focus, but does not prevent one from playing the game. People got used to near-instant gratification, which is a mistake in game and in RL.

Change the mindset and one's enjoyment improves.

1 minute ago, Emptiness said:

Have you checked the market recently? L static cores are back down to 450k apiece. Even for 20, 9mil, that's ~400k t1 ore sold to the new Bots. Easy to do.

I appreciate the head's up, but honestly, I am focused on using what I have to build what I am building. I've been happy with the amount of money I've gotten from the relatively little ore that I've sold (less than 200kl in total) on top of the daily 100k. I currently have less than 10k in my wallet, but as I have weeks of building to do, and the ore to do it with (man, calcium goes very far when making concrete), when I next need schematics, I should have an easy 2 million or so with which to make my purchases.

If push comes to shove, I can do another 30 minutes of mining, grab 30kl or so and make another million.

I am working on a large project that will, hopefully, see a major use by new players, in that I intend to provide, for rent, full sets of industry, so that they can build at least some goods for themselves, that require something beyond their nanopack. While I cannot currently provide them all of the schematics for everything, I can provide those for refining all t1 and t2 ores, and the products from the smelter for the same). In about a week or so, I will be able to do most of the uncommon schematics, also, at least for a few of the sets I have ready to go.

I do not expect to make a tremendous amount of cash from this effort, but I do intend to make the effort. Since pvp, in its current incarnation, requires almost zero skill (apart from ship building and piloting, but the actual fighting is watching a % to hit bar and then pushing a button), and since my skill at voxelmancy is zero, I am putting my game time into tasks that I can do efficiently.

I suppose I could just mine and sell the ore, making bank in the process, but that is not my goal.