Hoping to return

DeVille

So, maybe this is just bad timing? But sense the update last week I have just had nothing to do in game and currently there just is no place for me. I don't want to mine or build industry. I want to be a trader and the markets have all died.

I can understand there may be some growing pains in getting on board with the new process. I was even excited because I thought it would lead to more opportunity for traders who just want to buy low, sell high and space trucking across the universe but so far that just has not happened. 

My three month subscription comes due January 9th and I would not mind subbing for one more month to wait out and see if markets make a come back but making a three month commitment for what seems to be a dying game just doesn't make sense. So, I am wondering what happens to all my stuff when my subscription lapses? If I decide to give Dual Universe another try in six months will it all still be here? Also will you start offering one month subscriptions? And in the new balance that is happening, will any consideration be given to traders as a profession? Because right now there are no profit margins to be had for moving commodities in the universe.

I think the silence from NQ to PAYING subscribers like us is deafening.  I was unaware that the game was so underdeveloped when I signed up for it, I assumed (I know, Ass of U and Me) that if it was being released, and charged for, its core mechanic would be pretty much rock solid, with 'enhancements'  and new content coming in iterative updates.  

Even though I despise this patch with a passion, I would be willing to continue to support DU's development if we had a clear acknowledgement from NQ of the general feeling of the players and some glimmer of hope that it will SOON become playable again for new, unestablished players - with a clear and well developed plan that wont mean me paying a sub for 6 months with absolutely nothing to do but re-skill my talents and collect my daily Q's.

But as it stands NQ just seem like an arrogant bunch of rip-off merchants, so the balance between my love for the game (as it was) and my annoyance with NQ at their lack of consideration, responsibility, and an accessible public response has made me unsub too. I may come back in 6 months or so and see whats developed, but to be honest, I feel pretty ripped off...

I think if I had just subbed for three months I'd feel the same but I am at the end on my initial term and I did really enjoy my time here so far. So maybe I am just lucky that the patch came when it did and I only loose out on a few weeks? But I feel like this patch has really hurt the games player base. The org I have been playing with, atleast 30% or more have expressed that they are unsubbing or will not be converting to subs once the beta keys are expired.

3 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

Not exactly true:

well, thats something at least... but an email to subscribers would’ve been better than a tweet that not everyone would see...they managed to send one out about the patch in the first place.

Markets are currently unstable. You need to wait about a week or two then you can trade.

Twists like the above don't help. People are now scared to buy more schematics as they don't know what NQ want to do now. 

The sooner people invest in schematics and rebuild(now much smaller) factories the sooner economy will stabilize.

Prices will go up for now, then will slow down and go back down again - cheaper items will complete this cycle fast, expansive items will do it slower.

2 hours ago, DeVille said:

I think if I had just subbed for three months I'd feel the same but I am at the end on my initial term and I did really enjoy my time here so far. So maybe I am just lucky that the patch came when it did and I only loose out on a few weeks? But I feel like this patch has really hurt the games player base. The org I have been playing with, atleast 30% or more have expressed that they are unsubbing or will not be converting to subs once the beta keys are expired.

I'm totally with you, I enjoyed the last months, too. Time has come to stop playing and paying. 0.23 is awful, the game changed its direction, this is ok. But it isn't my direction. And the information policy is also something I dont want to support.

I see it like any real world economy. Some major world changing event has occurred and now the markets are frozen in fear. NQ will go in what ever direction they want but for me a space SciFy game is about flying around in space not mining in the dirt or investing 90% of my hours into industry. I personally have no interest in it, so I could care less how they change it. I want to be a trader and I'd like to do salvage too but NQ needs to not forget about new players who would like to be in these fields and give us a path to success too!

I am less than four weeks away from my sub renew date and currently there is just nothing for me to do in game anymore. I am invested in product that there is no market for currently. I can not make fuel anymore but there is also no reason for me to go anywhere anyway! The game was way too grindy before the update and now it's double! I saw a video yesterday where the guy was nearly crying over all he had worked for being rendered null and void. His message was positive and that he would go on but as a content creator he knows there is no way he will be able to make videos on all aspects of the game and he will be limited on the content he will be able to create. 

This is just awful! Will this economy be able to recover? Can NQ make any minor changes to aid in the transition? Like a stimulus? Because those who would like to stay in the game are suffering!

Count yourselves lucky(or me dumb) as i took out a 12 month sub in September after watching a few video's and reading the blurb about being free to create the universe, game massively appealed as a new EVE for me, something i could jump on board with early and sink far too much spare time in to. Like so many i am hugely disappointed with the direction the new patch seems to be pointing along with the limited information coming from JC/NQ and would vote with my wallet if it wasn't too late. I'm hopeful that NQ make reasonable changes in the near future and open the doors back up for all types of players and not just the rather limited and narrow vision they appear to be promoting for player activity and interaction, better yet if i'm being extremely hopeful then maybe they will start listening to the community before dropping bombs like 0.23.

Anyway it's all part of game development and dev's making a bad call(at least in my eyes) is a common occurrence, what set's a good team apart from the bad is how they react to it so let's see what the coming weeks bring, maybe i won't have wasted 9months game time.

I fear this game is now on life support and with many players like myself coming to the end of the day one beta subscription, I feel many will not resub

In the discord Q&A it sounded like it could be a year before any meaningful content is added to the game and I doubt the playerbase will continue to pay and wait

like many I am an ex Eve player who was interested in the concept of this game , I have joined up with old Eve Corp members for the first time in years to play this game, we have invested 100’s of hours to set up our base 

The last patch for me is a game breaker, my friends will not be resubbing and my only question is will my base be there if I return in a few months time

its such a shame to see a game die so early, Truth is they should of delayed beta or had the basic game mechanics ready

Putting in the changes of the last patch three months into beta is a bitter pill to swallow when we were used to the game pre patch which even then had limited content , 

The game now  has no content apart from mining and will be very difficult for new players to succeed 

my advice to NQ is play your own game so you know the issues and listen to your playerbase who are so important at the early stage of any game 

I am gutted to see the game fall apart, let’s hope it survives and changes over the next year, only time will tell

1 hour ago, Raker1 said:

its such a shame to see a game die so early, Truth is they should of delayed beta or had the basic game mechanics ready

I don't think delaying the beta was an option. Developers can't live on their passion for the game alone.

This game will die due to failure to listen to the community in setting development priorities.

The change with the schematics was a complete waste of development effort. It was not a controversial feature when proposed - and got pushed anyway.

Imagine how the patch would look if instead of the idiotic schematic system we got better voxel editor tools? 

You only have to look once more at the inert constructs to moving yellow player marker ratios at every market place platform to see that this game has hemorrhaged players at a terrifying rate. Remember these platforms were wiped once and reintroduced and again they are littered with ships that haven’t moved in months.

thats not taking into consideration any ships that were auto compacted, either. 

I think a lot of players were “mis-sold” the beta, expecting, quite rightly, an actual beta when instead they have found a relabeled early alpha game and unsubbed. 

4 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I think a lot of players were “mis-sold” the beta, expecting, quite rightly, an actual beta when instead they have found a relabeled early alpha game and unsubbed. 

Yep, but there 2 factors here.

1) NQ was little bit spoiled by tame and passive surviving alpha player base and expected less resistance over their magic tricks from new guys too. Not worked out. 

2) They, I think, not currently that worring about subs (because if you do math with projected player numbers), its not tha much -- nice bonus, but not sole source of their survival. So, likely, they sitting on debt now and just gone all-in for release (with losses on road considered not critical). So, in wicked sense, we are disposables right now.

On 12/14/2020 at 1:50 AM, le_souriceau said:

2) They, I think, not currently that worring about subs (because if you do math with projected player numbers), its not tha much -- nice bonus, but not sole source of their survival. So, likely, they sitting on debt now and just gone all-in for release (with losses on road considered not critical). So, in wicked sense, we are disposables right now.

Investors don't like to see a game with no players/subscribers, and it's not promising when a player base does a mass exodus, so that doesn't make us as expendable as you think.

13 hours ago, NoRezervationz said:

Investors don't like to see a game with no players/subscribers, and it's not promising when a player base does a mass exodus, so that doesn't make us as expendable as you think.

Spot on, any MMO that feels players are expendable will fail, especially if it’s based on a subscription or micro transaction model which NQ have said micro transactions could be introduced at a later date on cosmetic items

On 12/17/2020 at 10:40 AM, Raker1 said:

Spot on, any MMO that feels players are expendable will fail, especially if it’s based on a subscription or micro transaction model which NQ have said micro transactions could be introduced at a later date on cosmetic items

I wouldn't put it past them to implement something similar to the Eve skill point injectors. It's a little rough trying to wait for those 14+ day talents to finish. lol

Anyway, when my sub is up I think I'm done. The game's becoming far too tedious the more "features" are added and/or changed. If I wanted the tedium, I'd go play Eve or Elite Dangerous. Oh, and if I wanted a real life implementation, I'd just go outside. JC said Billions for a factory, sure if you're mass making parts. For a few thousand bucks, I could invest in machinery to make small batch anything in my shed. That's what I find laughable.

3 hours ago, NoRezervationz said:

I wouldn't put it past them to implement something similar to the Eve skill point injectors. It's a little rough trying to wait for those 14+ day talents to finish. lol

Anyway, when my sub is up I think I'm done. The game's becoming far too tedious the more "features" are added and/or changed. If I wanted the tedium, I'd go play Eve or Elite Dangerous. Oh, and if I wanted a real life implementation, I'd just go outside. JC said Billions for a factory, sure if you're mass making parts. For a few thousand bucks, I could invest in machinery to make small batch anything in my shed. That's what I find laughable.

I know I'd probably pay a few bucks for 1M skill points... if the game was actually complete.

I want to know WTF happened to low quantity 3D printing in the 9000 years we were asleep... You can pretty much 3D print entire houses, functional solar panels, parts for an entire pistol, bespoke theraputic pills, hell even a lab cultured meat hamburger as of 2020 but in 12xxx, or whenever, you can't even weave a f'cking carpet.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:24 AM, DeVille said:

So, I am wondering what happens to all my stuff when my subscription lapses? If I decide to give Dual Universe another try in six months will it all still be here? Also will you start offering one month subscriptions?

Did anyone ever find an answer to these questions by OP? I would like to know also.

I know I'd probably pay a few bucks for 1M skill points... if the game was actually complete.

Right? They'd have to stop screwing with things and trying to make people play a specific way... In a sandbox where you can supposedly do anything you want... WTF?

I want to know WTF happened to low quantity 3D printing in the 9000 years we were asleep... You can pretty much 3D print entire houses, functional solar panels, parts for an entire pistol, bespoke theraputic pills, hell even a lab cultured meat hamburger as of 2020 but in 12xxx, or whenever, you can't even weave a f'cking carpet.

And the schematics don't actually make sense for 3D printers in game. You don't retool the entire printer to print a new model, you just change the cartridges if desired and upload the file. This implementation is pretty lame really...

3 hours ago, Deintus said:

Did anyone ever find an answer to these questions by OP? I would like to know also.

NQ probably hasn't even started on the garbage collection, but that doesn't mean they might throw some crap together a "patch" and everything be gone in a month. They don't communicate anything until it's already here.

15 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

want to know WTF happened to low quantity 3D printing in the 9000 years we were asleep... You can pretty much 3D print entire houses, functional solar panels, parts for an entire pistol, bespoke theraputic pills, hell even a lab cultured meat hamburger as of 2020 but in 12xxx, or whenever, you can't even weave a f'cking carpet.

This was the exact point I have been making. I would like to point out that we (aka, NQ) have adopted an externally narrow view of what a "factory" is. Factories can be massive and cost billions like JC said however factories come in different shapes and sizes. I can have a poor man's 3d printer that sits on my table and costs hundreds. I dont need a. Electronics machine, I can have a simple pick and place device that is faster than manual (nanopack) but still cant pump out products in the millions. 

Factories scale with demand, as demand picks up, you scale up production so you aren't making things manually by hand 24/7. Why does EVERY factory need to conform to a narrow definition that means a mega factory kicking out high volumes of products? Aren't we waging war on giga factories and now pushing everyone in that direction so they have some chance to get their money back from schematics? 

Factories vary is size, scale and purpose and an open ended, sandbox environment should be able to adopt for this variance. 

However now I stare at a mostly quiet "factory" (As I have defined it) while I continue to "play" this game outside of the client using excel and market analysis so I dont get STUCK in this game. (Investing all my cash making a product that I cant sell for a profit)

On 12/14/2020 at 1:59 AM, Mordgier said:

This game will die due to failure to listen to the community in setting development priorities.

Imagine how the patch would look if instead of the idiotic schematic system we got better voxel editor tools? 

For me, I can't care less about "voxel editor". I don't even know what you do with the current ones. There is a cube thingy you can build with when you press "2", that's good enough. You can build all you want with it so that aspect is well implemented imho.

Why you assume that "community" wants the same thing you do ?

I want safezones from outer planets gone, drama and reason to fight other folks. Don't really care about schematics either.

And to those who are leaving: can I have your stuff ? Like I will most likely be around when you come back so I will save it for you if the game doesn't die.