Ways to make Quanta in the current Depression

Underhook

In an effort to give players a reason to stick with the game (a bit ify myself) I thought I might start a thread with ways to make quanta during the depression.

So with the skill reset I decide to spec mostly into piloting (I guess I'm a space trucker). I have no industry skills other than I can make my own fuel.  Thus I have avoided having to purchase more than maybe 10 low level schematics.  I only had 6 million saved.   

OK, onto money making:

1)  Right now schematic transport is a great way for low level players to make quanta.  Check which schematics are not available in certain planets.  Head out to the nearest planet that does have bots selling them, buy some. take them back and put them on the market at double price for quick sale or we can charge a lot more on outer planets since people there are mining high tier ore and have cash but not time.  All you need is a (space capable) personal transport (relatively cheap).  I dont have a warp and my personal transport runs on the smell of an oily rag.

2) Mining, Bots are paying a guaranteed price for ore at the moment. 

3) Emergency rescue services.  A small ship with very modest storage could charge for emergency rescue services.  Now that elements and core's can expire.  So, go out and swap their core (fast service required), deliver fuel, and repair ships.  Could be good for players who have specked into repair tool, container range, fuel tanks and especially scrap production.

I just checked and I made 500,000 quanta profit, whilst typing this thread (I am a slow typist though).

Anybody else have ideas to share?  I know in normal times you might keep it to yourself but these are not normal times  :)

I did see that moving the new schematic may turn a profit but I unfortunately miss judged how this update was going to turn out and currently have plenty of stock on ores in the market but nothing is moving and prices have dropped dramatically.  So, I am currently broke and will have to take huge losses if I sell at what seems to be the new market value.

I am not interested in mining or industry at all especially now I must invest into it before being able to do it.  

4) Building cool ships with voxels if that's your thing

5) Trucking, just need couple of weeks for markets to settle down.

6) Salvaging, not the NQ one, there are many leftovers from pvp ships dead that were left in space due to people just not caring to repair/dismantle them as everything was so easy "let that broken space engine Ms rot in space I have 100500 of them anyway" etc. Not sure about their core status, in most cases core was dead, don't know if it can be picked up now.