Schematics

Kaajzr

On 12/13/2020 at 10:26 PM, WhatTrigger said:

All im getting from this patch is people are bitching they cant get the best of everything in a months tops. 

I think you are reading this incorrectly, we aren't complaining that we cant get "the best of everything in a few months". I have been playing for a few months, mostly solo as my friends have quit, and I wont have everything with my play style. I'm fine with that as I see I have way more to do then RL time to play. My disappointment with 0.23 is the fact that I need to run to the market every 5 min. I'm about 130km away from the main markets so that's a bunch of time sunk just to fly there. If I have an hour to play I need to decide is it worth it to just fly there and back. 

I enjoy being apart of the community and using the markets but now I need to run there for every schematic. I can but the question is, do I want to invest that time and, is it fun? It's usually not worth my time and I find something else to do or some other game to play. Is it fun, no because crashing has implications and also takes time to fix. I stare at my screen doing nothing, wishing the fun would come back.

3 minutes ago, admsve said:

So how to sell something that does not fit in a inventory? 

You would have to ask the ATV, but it was planned in this 0.23 initially. Feature postponed pending more gameplay on this before its return. But the mining nerf will come.

11 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:
15 minutes ago, admsve said:

So how to sell something that does not fit in a inventory? 

You would have to ask the ATV, but it was planned in this 0.23 initially. Feature postponed pending more gameplay on this before its return. But the mining nerf will come.

Could you clarify what you mean? I assume the "nerf" is no longer "linking" to a container on a dynamic core? Why did you use the word "bind"?

Main problem i have with schematics is that i never got any quanta and thus needed to do alot of stuff to get some to even begin with. and with only a starter hover and no quanta it takes a long time to get anywhere, now with these things all the players with the same bug, the No quanta Bug, will be very fracked.  missing 100k per day may sound like peanuts but when you can only mine and sell for a long time to even get some stuff together DU is burning you up even faster then governmental taxrates on your income.

25 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Main problem i have with schematics is that i never got any quanta and thus needed to do alot of stuff to get some to even begin with. and with only a starter hover and no quanta it takes a long time to get anywhere, now with these things all the players with the same bug, the No quanta Bug, will be very fracked.  missing 100k per day may sound like peanuts but when you can only mine and sell for a long time to even get some stuff together DU is burning you up even faster then governmental taxrates on your income.

Imho you should simply avoid schematics for now.

I believe it's easier (and faster) to focus on upgrading your speeder until you can safely carry a good amount of ore, I did my first two months with a ship that could carry like ~100t, which is good for a solo (I'm assuming you are solo).

Also allow me to say that imho taking your time to do whatever the hell you want to do is the best approach you could have with this game, the more you feel the urge to rush content the faster you'll get bored. Even without schematics building up a solid factory by yourself was a slooooow process, crafting times are long, talents takes a lot of time, travelling too.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, Knight-Sevy said:

The current shit storm postponed this deadline, but in future NQ wants us to no longer be able to bind to a container on a dynamic core.

BAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yooooooo, I only lurk around the forums and reddit now every once in a while to laugh at the 5 or so people remaining that fight each other trying to make the game their own personal playground but this is the most absurd future plan I have seen since 0.23.

That is the next best thing just short of a wipe they can do before their heads disconnect from their necks because it would be too far gone up their bums. The game is slowly running out of life support for their remaining players but that would surely flip the switch off just the same as a wipe. Anyone supporting that would be a paid actor.

DU just keeps on giving even after you cancel your sub, the forums and reddit are free baby!

34 minutes ago, Shulace said:

BAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yooooooo, I only lurk around the forums and reddit now every once in a while to laugh at the 5 or so people remaining that fight each other trying to make the game their own personal playground but this is the most absurd future plan I have seen since 0.23.

That is the next best thing just short of a wipe they can do before their heads disconnect from their necks because it would be too far gone up their bums. The game is slowly running out of life support for their remaining players but that would surely flip the switch off just the same as a wipe. Anyone supporting that would be a paid actor.

DU just keeps on giving even after you cancel your sub, the forums and reddit are free baby!

That would be useless without removing the ability to bind to static cores.

First there should be some kind of a pipe that we should buy from bots for 1million/meter that you use to transport ore when you mine to whatever container you are linked to. As the dev resources are limited for now, it can be implemented that if you didn't buy enough of the pipe the ore just doesn't get transferred to the container if you move further away from it than you have the pipe in your inventory.

Then remove the dynamic core binding thingy. Wait out the shit-storm, disable binding to statics as this "linked container" thingy is immersion breaking anyway.

Later we can start debating about moving ores closer to the planet core. WTF they are only like 1km below ground. It's too easy.

This is very much stupid in the long run.

This is as some have stated, to appear like content and its a copy of the blueprint system in EVE, with high potential to kill the playerbase.

In EVE you were always able to protect your very pricey BPOs in a NPC station, and only bring the copies into danger if you choose to. 

Here in DU in a game where in some day nothing (or almost nothing) will be save, those prices even for a few rudimentary parts are way to high, so some big group can just get bigger than you and take all the hours from you. Hours you needed to get at least a basic set of those. Hours are a precious comodity, and what makes people decide if they keep playing or not. I thought in the last months it will be dangerous for DU that if you can take away peoples hard spend hours over hours just with brute force (and we all know thats what some people do, just to fuck around with other people) it might be a thing that gets the average player, that came into this building game to build, to say after getting raped by a big group "fuck this I am out of here" and potentially get the playerbase to a dangerous threshold (and to be clear for all the PvP guys already raging at this, this game has PvP, but its not PvP only, and even more than EVE this game will depend on the masses of miners & builders, and without those there are no materials to build PvP ships with or people to shoot at).

But now with introducing those "BPOs" or schematics, for those prices, and you basicly need them for every tiny bit, (not that there is like a Metalworks schematic, teaching you screws and pipes) the hours you need to spend get even worse to even get along a little bit. So when the time comes and stuff gets exploidable by war, can be taken from you, just because you decide not to be happy with a 1000 member organistion. You will be literally fucked and leave this nice game for good. Especially as its a game you pay for to have fun, and getting robbed by a big group of uncountable hours of monotoneous hard labor is no fun...

6 hours ago, Shulace said:

BAHAHAHA!!!!!

NQ has suspended these kinds of changes until they have a new play option.
When there will be asteroids in PvP zone, tiles with deeper mineral exploitation bonuses and in greater quantity. Maybe we will have the right to real mining factories.

But only time will tell if NQ manages to add enough content to their game.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:52 AM, Greydog said:

I'll never understand why some people are so intent on prescribing how other peoples playstyles should be. It just so happens some people enjoy the challenge of trying to do it all. You want to limit yourself to the boring task of producing one item be my guest. I buy multiple accounts just so I can "do it all" ...now it seems that playstyle is not in the vision so my multiple accounts have been unsubbed. What folks don't realize is that solo players are actually the majority of paying customers is these games, not because of the number of individual solo players but because we usually have multiple accounts. (it's hard to be self sufficient with one character)

What should have been done would have been to offer the basic schems needed to get a start in the game for free. Then as items produced get more complex they could start charging for them, with the more common ones being dirt cheap and the most rare being the most expensive and difficult to acquire.

We also should not need a schematic for each machine. This could have been handled by uploading them to database's of varying sizes that could then be linked to a series of industries. Small factories would only need the smaller, relatively inexpensive db's, while the mega-factories would need many much larger, much more expensive db's to operate. 

I understand why they did it this way ...IMO they tripped over themselves in the process. The upcoming need for power generation will accomplish their goal. The current implementation of schematics has come in as more of a wall than the curb they intended.

Schematics are good and should stay as they add a level of complexity. But implement them so as to add to the fun, not impede it.

I couldn't agree with this more - there are a ton of players that play MMOs solo and do not have the time to join large guilds that make unreasonable demands due to their leader or leadership not having a job and playing from their parents basement.   I on the other hand (and I am sure many many more playing) have a 6 figure/60 hour professional career and family and very limited time to enjoy games like this,  and lets be honest its not fair to those that can play hours and hours on end in a group for me to try and join when I will have to cut it short or deal with life and/or work.  However by alienating myself and people like myself with large disposable incomes (whom are more than glad to or already have dropped serious coin into a good game) DU is shooting themselves in the foot.  Eve is a failed endeavor that should not be a "schematic" for how to build sandbox games,   the only reason it is still alive today is because of several extremely/filthy rich clients,  who from what I understand have left the game and that is the main reason it is now a sinking ship.   The only reason it isn't dead yet,  and we have all seen this before,  the longer an MMO runs the longer it takes to die.    The reason I bring up Eve is because this is a tactic that is used in EVE,  and it would be a horrendous shame to see such a beautiful and well designed game such as DU with its extreme potential turn into a bot riddled,  scam laden,  inferiority complex haven of a game that Eve truly is.   

There are several ways of doing this to allow all players to enjoy the game on all sides and that includes those that do wish to play multiplayer,  but to force multiplayer will kill the potential of this game and their profit margin.  Eventually large areas and portions of the game will be cut off to the general public as you will have to join one of a small handful of large corps and small businesses will never survive,  this will also kill the diversity of the game and with a game that is built on invention that is a death sentence.  

This is of course only beta,  and discussions like this are what is needed for the developers to read both sides of the coin and to see what their player base is looking for so I am sure that they will make the right decision in the end.   There has been way to much blood and sweat poured into this game to turn it into another Eve Online,  unless of course I was wrong about the leadership and developers and they are not the forward thinking, creatives that are pushing a new form of gaming on to the market but rather just a copy cat of CCP or Electronic Arts and others like them looking to just milk multiplayer for the cash.  

On 12/18/2020 at 7:00 PM, Penwith said:

I know of more than one player who started since the patch and is now running to other planets in order to buy and sell schematics for a profit.

Again, the wall that is stopping you is in your mind, not in the game.

Running planets for profit sounds quite tedious. I can imagine after a short while, it gets real old. Some of us want to have actual fun in the games we play.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, Bobbie said:

That's true, it's that voice in my head that says "please god I beg you, no more mining and selling to bots, please..." ?

This. So much this. I can't like this comment more than once, which makes me sad.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:40 PM, GraXXoR said:

Oh look... Warp drives are back down to 1.5M on a number of markets after hitting a high of about 8M a few days ago.... That didn't take long. LOL.

JC, was that too quick for you? Are you going nerf tf out of everything again?

JC doesn't care if orgs recover with barely a hick-up in production. He just doesn't want the solo players being able to build anything by themselves. Self-sufficiency is evidentially a no-no. At this point, NQ wants to be the overreaching governmental body who says who can and cannot produce things.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:33 AM, le_souriceau said:

Mining is probably next : )

"Not everyone supposed to mine".

Nope! He wants everyone mining for the big orgs. Didn't you hear him? He essentially said that because you can't possibly invest enough money to build a factory IRL solo, you shouldn't be able to in DU either. You know, because you can gather all the parts and build your own space ship and travel to other planets and moons IRL... ?

On 12/17/2020 at 10:55 PM, Penwith said:

No, it's bitching as a result of limited thinking by players.

How you cannot make money other than 1the daily reward is beyond me.

You can

1) sell ores to bots (not ideal, but you can make millions in a short amount of time)

2) If you have a space-capable ship, run to other plants/moons in the safe zone for players who want the higher tier schematics, but don't want to run to those places themselves. I've paid out over a million to people to do this very thing, on top of paying for the schematics and I've only bought about two dozen through others, buying another three dozen schematics myself.

3) produce honeycombs that people want, but don't want to do the industry for. I've seen several people ask for certain t1 and t2 honeycombs, asking if any was for sale.

4) Produce atmospheric fuel and sell it for a profit. You can find a market that has too high a price and sell it for slightly less.

5) make quality ships and sell the BPs. You don't need to have all of the schematics for all of the tiers of elements, just make some nice looking ships that have some functionality or purpose behind them. You can even make ships that are interesting and people may buy them. Once you've made a ship, Core BP it and then take it apart and reuse the elements for your next ship construction. If your voxelmancy skills are low, watch some videos on it and practice. Don't expect people to throw money at you just because.

This is not brain surgery, you can and should be figuring this out, not having it handed to you on a silver platter. This applies to everyone.

I've not been hurt at all since the patch, in fact I'd say it has helped me narrow my focus to concentrate on what I REALLY want to do, instead of moving from one thing to another because I can.

I've never had more than 9 million at once, and usually it is well under 1 million, but that is because I claimed a number of hexes, not because I bought things from the market.  I could sell what I am using and make an easy 30-40 million, right now, but money is not my object, it is only one stepping stone on the path to my goals in the game.

That's just the thing though.  I didn't support this game to become "game rich".  I joined to make friends, build, craft and work towards a common goal with my org mates.  But now this game is nothing BUT about making tons and tons of money even before you get to do anything else at all.  I already have a real job, thank you very much.  I don't need a game job too.

Like a previous poster, I suffered through all the grind we had before. I did end up building some cool things since pre-alpha.  But now I am told that's not how we play this game.  Instead, I am to choose one or two parts, spend millions of quanta to make them and hope that I don't choose something that gets saturated in the market.  And sell, sell, sell.  Or mine, mine, mine and then sell, sell, sell.  THEN maybe I can build something or fix something.  Meh.

I also did not sign up for Eve Online here.  I signed up for a sandbox where I could build anything I wanted.  That promise has been revoked.  No way in hell my small group of guys will be able to build what we have planned on now.  All we can do is try to make money just to keep the ships flying and the market making money for the rich guys.  I have not logged in for two weeks now.  I have cancelled all DU notifications.  I may or my not come back depending on how the next few updates are handled. 

If you guys wanna play "space billionaire," feel free and have fun.  That's not what I signed up for.

i did not sign up to play EvE but to claim EvE is dying seems false https://mmo-population.com/r/eve

I mean with almost 500K daily logins and 8 million subscribers, which has to be an all time count and not active subscriptions. the game looks to be doing well

What i wanted was an open skills/market/sandbox game where everyone could do what ever they want with out rules in the sandbox. Where the (start-middle-end) game and play style is what ever you want, and not dictated by some arbitrary class system or prefixed systems.

p.s.

no rules does not mean you can exploiting, cheating or be a complete ars

1 hour ago, grampypants said:

the funny part is this isnt over,wait till they implement power gens,all that work u just did with schematics goes in the trash,now ur building gens to maintain all this u built again, but wait there's more,stay tuned

Ye that's probably how this is gonna end.

I mean I held tight and kept on playing but I honestly don't know how many 0.23 can I still bear.

Btw, back to the topic, I'm not and hardcore player anymore due to work/family, I play on average 1/2 hours a day, and I'm solo. Had a medium sized factory and I was producing anything T1/T2 before 0.23. Now after a month I bought almost every schematics (most of them twice, a few even more), ofc I skipped dynamic cores and territory scanners couse of prices being too high and they're not a priority for me atm. I will be focusing on warp cells in a few days.

I need to admit it's not as bad as it might looks, I've done grinds way worse in my gaming life.

Our little corner of SLI recovered way better than most from patch .23, in fact we probably ended up stronger since it forced us to work together on a single factory and logistic operations instead of everyone on separate projects.  From what we are hearing from new members who are coming from even some of the larger guilds though we were one of the lucky ones.  Or as one of our new members mentioned last night: "I didnt leave my guild, my guild left me" (members all quite).  This game has barely survived patch .23.  Imagine how many players NQ is going to lose with the power system nerf, then the mining nerf, then atmospheric warfare so nobody but BOO and EMPIRE can keep claimed tiles on pvp planets and they push everybody else to the safe planets.

Good luck NQ, you are going to friggin need it.

6 hours ago, Fra119 said:

need to admit it's not as bad as it might looks, I've done grinds way worse in my gaming life.

Ok I admit. I have to, but remember the ads and the claims. When I came here I wasn't looking for another grind. The youtubers and reddit showed it really wasn't, so I bit the bullet based on that. Thats where 0.23 got me in the foot. No where at anytime before 0.23 did I see, hear, or read that this was NQs idea or part of any end roadmap. 

But I can blame some on myself, for letting my thoughts and beliefs cover over the very vague and obscure 'milestones' in the launcher. Lesson learned

1 minute ago, Deintus said:

Ok I admit. I have to, but remember the ads and the claims. When I came here I wasn't looking for another grind. The youtubers and reddit showed it really wasn't, so I bit the bullet based on that. Thats where 0.23 got me in the foot. No where at anytime before 0.23 did I see, hear, or read that this was NQs idea or part of any end roadmap. 

But I can blame some on myself, for letting my thoughts and beliefs cover over the very vague and obscure 'milestones' in the launcher. Lesson learned

You are right, and I agree with you, but if you remember before .23 there were many (many many many) ppl complaining that there was almost nothing to do as the already built anything and blablabla.

Not that this was the best solution to that issue but I believe they needed to slow down most of the playerbase as new content wouldn't be available until waaaay later next year.

1 hour ago, Fra119 said:

You are right, and I agree with you, but if you remember before .23 there were many (many many many) ppl complaining that there was almost nothing to do as the already built anything and blablabla.

Not that this was the best solution to that issue but I believe they needed to slow down most of the playerbase as new content wouldn't be available until waaaay later next year.

I do remember a little of it. Im not really trying to persecute OR defend the game. Just give my perspective. For me, thats where again I let the ads take me to amazing space battles, wonderful exploration, little guy becomes big business owner, etc and not realize this was actually still very Alpha with none of it in place. And from what I have heard of JC, those visions are not his.

As I know you agree, the implementation was horrid. Not that me or you can do anything, i know this. Just really venting a bit over the feeling of being misled is all.