Save the game - Rollback 0.23 "feature" until base code ready

Pleione

Please consider rolling back the 0.23 features or this game is going to die. 

1) Economy is completely busted, with megacorps already making warp cells while normal players are still struggling with making scrap.

2) Ships are now glass.  Get damaged most anyway (maneuver tool, lag, mushroom platforms at warp points, or just plain crashing) and you risk losing your core - But you can't afford to replace it.

3) It now cost to make BPs of your own ship?!?!?

4) Massive memory leak - running 2km along the surface of Madis will drive the games memory usage from 6gb to 18gb.  Really?  Nobody tested such basics before release?

5) Broken Customer Service.  Goal should be to answer most tickets within a few hours, and 95% within 24 hours.  Re-enable your Discord GMs to fix things until you reach that goal and staff Discord humanly. 

6) Focus on making the game a pleasant experience, not a game of dodging bugs and grueling grind.  Why don't we have basic queue management capabilities?  You know... really basic things like "move to top"?

7) Set and publish basic goals.  e.g.  It should take about 100 hours of game play to design and build an XS space craft and be able to leave Alioth.  It should take 1000 hours of game play to be able to build a large core space station (half a man year of effort), etc.

8) Stop punishing progress.  If people are reaching your definition of "end game" faster than you like, don't throw up road blocks, add more game experience opportunities.  e.g.  Additional planets, stargates, perhaps schematic research opportunities

9) Realize your "big release" followed by "massive bugs" approach is archaic.  Adopt a modern sprint based approach.  Perhaps add one feature or change every couple of weeks, make sure it works and behaves as you expected, fix if not, then repeat.

10) FIX ANCIENT BUGS.  We don't care if your developers only want to work on new features, your need a full time bug fixing team.  Don't allow developers to create new content until their old content works as expected.

11) Adopt a code development methodology that allows for regression testing - and actually use it. 

12) Specialization is for Insects (Robert Heinlein https://www.elise.com/quotes/heinlein_-_specialization_is_for_insects)  People love a game where "You can do whatever you want".  Nobody has a life goal of playing a game for a 1000 hours to become the galaxies best Advanced LED manufacturer (just to have a megacorp run them out of business by selling Advanced LEDs at below cost until the expert leaves).  Specialization should be along the lines of "I want to be a fighter pilot", "I want to be an industrialist", "I want to be an explorer", or even "I hate knitting, so can I just mine a few hours a week?"

You are massively bleeding players right now.  Declare a Mea culpa, rollback most if not all of 0.23, and rethink the whole game balance approach.  Fix all exploits, make the game mechanics less painful (respecting players time), and consider a total wipe (perhaps preserving Talent Points and blueprints) to give everyone a chance again, then roll out a player based economy with ZERO bots and an economy designed to re-establish civilization.

1: Megacorps are big groups playing in group who no matter what they did and because of alpha experience they advanced in tier and numbers. There is no mathematical proof that after release it wont be same. If a wipe is needed the gap between megacorps and solo players will be inifite = dead game.

2: k

3: We get the bots, they get some quanta back.

4: n/a

5: they should improve it.

6: Game is early beta and still in development.

7: We are different, we play game at different speeds and the progression sometimes is not liniar.

8:  They slowed the progress. Progress is not punished. People were selling items below craft price cost and advanced too fast in tiers. With the T2-T5 element patch it would have been a broken economical game.

9: see point 6.

10: 0.23 was needed. Pre-0.23 was too easy. 1 man running 1000+ pieces of industries in 1 month is broken.

11: k

12:  see point 6.

Mea Culpa? You are part of Alpha Testing Team. I am a beta tester. Why should i pay for you not giving the right feedback at the right time ?

o/

1 hour ago, Elitez said:

1: You

For the record:  I'm a solo player not in any Megacorp.  I do have a few hundred industry factory on a large space station, along with a 150 or so transfer units, storage containers, etc.  I don't know of anyone capable of going from start to 1000 industries in a month - I've played 6-12 hours a day (up until the last week or two) since pre-beta in order to accomplish what I have - so well over 3 months.

11 hours ago, Pleione said:

For the record:  I'm a solo player not in any Megacorp.  I do have a few hundred industry factory on a large space station, along with a 150 or so transfer units, storage containers, etc.  I don't know of anyone capable of going from start to 1000 industries in a month - I've played 6-12 hours a day (up until the last week or two) since pre-beta in order to accomplish what I have - so well over 3 months.

I havent played ALpha. I have played beta since day 1. After 40 days i was kicked from old org.. Lost aprox 750 mil quanta donations in that org. Literally ripped off. Day 41 i start with 10 mil assets 2 scanners on S core ship.

Day 100+ i love 0.23 and i hope they slow our progress, i hope they remove the meganodes and improve the T1 ore on each Tile by 10-25% so the tiles to have an added value so we can only chase rarer resources. You have twice the time compared with me and you knew what to do while i had to discover DU.

0.23 was needed. the market was full of items below craft price (dual.sh+asking around) and that was not ok.

13 hours ago, Elitez said:

10: 0.23 was needed. Pre-0.23 was too easy. 1 man running 1000+ pieces of industries in 1 month is broken.

Not the point. Yes, industry was too easy and yes, NQ would need to fix that. But the way the did it (as I mentioned elsewhere) is basically giving us the cart and say that they will be providing the horse sometime in the future. That is the issue here, not he changes themselves which IMO are actually fine.

I actually like this new patch, but they should have somehow wiped all the products sitting in containers and on the market terminals. I understand that eventually T1 stuff will become obsolete and won't have too much significance, there are so many general items that don't have a higher tier version in game such as Dynamic Cores. I kno ppl who manufactured hundreds of these, and I wouldn't be suprised if a big org would have 2000 L static cor sitting in its vault. Rockets are the same as well. I manufactured tons of it. There is no way anyone could compete with me while the schematic cost of a L rocket engine is around 500m

Probably what I would have done is introduce a new tier for everything important (parts that have function) and apply the schematic system on those items only and I would have left the basic stuff to be manufactured without any limitation

another pain point is the number of ways you can make quanta. Currently it's just mining. They need to come up with another way to make money. 

another pain is the dyanmic core replacement. If I crash my ship tomorrow, I am grounded as I can't afford to buy a new one and I can't make it either. I don't see the point why a dynamic core should be repaired the same way 3 times as any other element.

the rest are ok I beleive. Although I would make the nanocrafter weight to be registered as well (if they haven't done already)

4 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Not the point. Yes, industry was too easy and yes, NQ would need to fix that. But the way the did it (as I mentioned elsewhere) is basically giving us the cart and say that they will be providing the horse sometime in the future. That is the issue here, not he changes themselves which IMO are actually fine.

It will be fixed during 2021 with pvp activities and permanent element damage. All we need is slow progress and pvp. Dont worry, we will destroy more than we can produce atm.

29 minutes ago, Elitez said:

It will be fixed during 2021 with pvp activities and permanent element damage. All we need is slow progress and pvp. Dont worry, we will destroy more than we can produce atm.

That's what NQ basically always says too. "Don't worry, it'll be fixed later"

You do realize that this is not how it should be right? I can't work that way in my job. It's a twisted view of how things should progress. It's one step at a time. Not 2 steps back and one forward 6 months later

13 minutes ago, Lethys said:

That's what NQ basically always says too. "Don't worry, it'll be fixed later"

You do realize that this is not how it should be right? I can't work that way in my job. It's a twisted view of how things should progress. It's one step at a time. Not 2 steps back and one forward 6 months later

The game will never be perfect. Thats why it will always TRY improve. No game is perfect and all are wip and balance is needed every now and then. You are not perfect but you are always improving in your field. I am not perfect, so on and so forth. 

What we do is now it will have more value in the future than until the end of 2020 so buckle up, you're in for a ride.

Element Destruction Charges should have more not just 3/5 because adjusters blow so quickly.   People literally wont go flying.  Plus of course AGG was nerfed.  10/15 for elements still would have saw perma removal and requirements for new but lets not forget mining takes ages to perform (its also boring).  0.23 was needed but it only helped mega corps or those who knew in advance to be prepared.  The small orgs have no hope now.

As for PVP why would you even risk it now?   Poor implementation, poor information.

1 hour ago, Elitez said:

The game will never be perfect. Thats why it will always TRY improve. No game is perfect and all are wip and balance is needed every now and then. You are not perfect but you are always improving in your field. I am not perfect, so on and so forth. 

And That's not the point of any of those discussions

1 hour ago, Honvik said:

Element Destruction Charges should have more not just 3/5 because adjusters blow so quickly.   People literally wont go flying.  Plus of course AGG was nerfed.  10/15 for elements still would have saw perma removal and requirements for new but lets not forget mining takes ages to perform (its also boring).  0.23 was needed but it only helped mega corps or those who knew in advance to be prepared.  The small orgs have no hope now.

As for PVP why would you even risk it now?   Poor implementation, poor information.

Agg was not nerfed now its working as intended. We abused the power of ships staying in grav mode. One single player should not run a mega factory and it shouldnt fly solo a ship with 30-50-100T of cargo.  Come on man, we will adapt. Just add constructive feedback on your posts so they gather some data and we will be fine. Just look at the market :) Prices are close to pre 0 .23

2 hours ago, laicheeeee said:

I actually like this new patch, but they should have somehow wiped all the products sitting in containers and on the market terminals. I understand that eventually T1 stuff will become obsolete and won't have too much significance, there are so many general items that don't have a higher tier version in game such as Dynamic Cores. I kno ppl who manufactured hundreds of these, and I wouldn't be suprised if a big org would have 2000 L static cor sitting in its vault. Rockets are the same as well. I manufactured tons of it. There is no way anyone could compete with me while the schematic cost of a L rocket engine is around 500m

Probably what I would have done is introduce a new tier for everything important (parts that have function) and apply the schematic system on those items only and I would have left the basic stuff to be manufactured without any limitation

Everything will be ok when permanent element damage comes in game in few months. The extra elements we have atm will be useful. Thats another factor you should take in mind. We need elements to create a somehow healthy sandbox environment so NQ gathers data in order to tweak the future patches.

Extra stuff in game, what we have now, its great. 1 year from now, 5 years from now, what we have now is a slice of cake compared with assets what we will have at release. Our progress was slowed, that is...