re Update discussion.

teso91

A future for DU economics 

We all understand that the current patch was not in order of the patches for the game for the final stage.  This however creates problems for DU’s player base.   At this current time there is an overwhelming resistance to the current patch.  That is very well established.   I understand that patches are implemented by certain teams for each patch respectively under the guise of “BETA”.  This is also understandable, however; If you want to further keep player base and subs you need to implement patches in order; and/or a poll to the implementation of “WHEN” this patch should be implemented if you want to keep subs and player bases stable. 

Understanding the Patch. 

• I will underline a few points here. Some of these points will be minimum on the feedback I have received on the topics. Below in bullet points; which I have sorted out in order to their respective feedback. 

• Economy 

• Mining 

• Element Destruction 

• Schematics 

Lets start with the Economy. We understand that giga factories are an issue and you want to stop all production and that’s why you introduced schematics.   Yes, You did stop them along with everyone else.  People now have to pay for schematics that’s cool. 

However even for the small factory's the Q required to even get on a small scale for even small parts is high without no Q injection into the game to due this. We know that you introduced this patch when Team A was ready for their patch. However you should have introduced Quest and missions before this. It was a failure or shall I say mis-step for you to do this in this fashion. 

• I have a personal opinion here for the DU team to analyze and figure out.  Personally I think you guys need to take a look at “SE” or Squre Enix ( FFXI) marketplace and base your economy on that.   If you want people to go to the market there needs to be a reason. And what is that reason? To make money. PERIOD.   That is how you have a thriving market. I was a player and guess what EVERY DAY the first place I went to was guess what? The market. Period.

•  

I understand that everything is in BETA and these features are to come but you set a HUGE drawback on the community at this point.   SCHAMATICS completely screwed everyone. I understand that you wanted to slow everything down and I'm semi ok with that.  However; You need to understand that there is no other way to inject Q into this game. Your only method at this current moment is sending people to the mines and selling their ore to bots. 
There needs to be obviously a a great dedication to this.  I for example work throwing  bags all day and cant mine for 6 hours a day after the update to get stuff bla bla bla ya ya I don’t matter and I do agree with you here.  I am just here to help you offer solutions to the current problem with the player base.   I honestly think you guys need to take a look at the FFXI ( NASOMI (PRIVATE SERVER) economy. IF we had auctions houses it would be a much better place. IF we a: had history and could find out the player who was selling would be awesome ( even if you had the player identified orgs could find out who would do that shit and call to arms (down the line say for organization warfare) 

I really really think your dev team should honestly take a look at FFXI( or NASOMI) because that economy is freakin flourishing. Crafting might be an example to look at also.... I honestly think that your team should REALLY HONESTLY look at this game and get ideas from it.  The reason is because this was honestly one of the best games that ever came out. The economy was great. Crafting was tedious. I know as a new company things can kind of be hard to figure out but I'm honestly giving my honest option here. 

• Mines 
    No. 

Like I said I hate to base this game on another game but god damn. I went to the mines because I could reap what I sewed. There was actually a purpose. 

• I understand that this game is in development but if you want to keep your player base I would keep your team on understanding why people want to play these games.... OR should I say simulation? Seriously. Yes we work hard and it HAS been a second job but for you to implement these new patches is like saying...... Everything you did is not reset and we force you to the mines.   Players period.... are gone and will leave. I'm guessing that at least 50% of your subs will be cancelled that’s just imho. I wouldn’t be here writing this if I didn’t have hope in the DU vision... trust me. 

• Element destruction: 

• I'm a; Ok with that but other people are not. I think we should ( sorry others) should repair it with injectors etc or whatever the element required to make it. That would increase market demand and etc? Isn't that what you wanted?     

• Schematics : not very happy about this. On release woulda been fine but; maybe you could have done like 1 per 10 or something. Maybe even industry destruction /decayed production after every completed order. Or maybe even if a  “PERMIT” in order to even run x factories. We all know you wanted to stop GIGA factories.   I'm just here trying to give you player options. Personally me; schematics woulda been fine on the actual release, but you essentially halted everyone on an inferal of the economy. IMHO the steps you took were very very bad for the player base. 

•  

Remedy:  Honestly Your team needs to NOW take a serious look at FFXI economics. It would be well in the interest of the team to set up things. I know you don’t like BOTS, but what's the difference from a bot from a NPC? 

I say put bots ( like 1000 of quests and shit with missions) and I know this is on your list but..... you put this patch first because it was ready.    So.... We need missions/q. Say you bring me military thruster to this planet and you get x q. You know what that does? Incentive. It pulls things off the market; depending on where the market is. And here is the kicker. You don’t tell anyone how much x things cost per planet. The player has to find this out themselves. 

I want to reference FFXI because honestly it was one of the best games in history imho.   IT took years and years for players to figure out where to go and what to do. All they had was vague hints from the NPCS like ….. lets say.... a npc was like: There was a mountain; true it was; it rose as high as the sky from alioths peak of mountains: ( This cryptic message is how ffxi did their sh**) They made players work and work and figure out what it MEANT. FIGURE OUT. IT TOOK YEARS AND YEARS for the players to find out these cryptic hints of how the missions and quest actually got completed. Honestly I'm not here to rant or rave I just want that legacy forwarded to DU. I WANT THE TEAM to seriously put that DEDICATION into the game on how SE ( SQUARE ENIX) did their Quests and missions. NO one KNEW WHERE TO GO, all that was given was a few hints) Isn't that what you want?  Honestly honestly I beg your team to plead to my cause and listen to this. If you want this game to be the best game EVER. 

I think you guys have everything going for you. I just think you need to revert the patch to remove schematics and refund everyone the Q they paid for em, then focus on the what I have stated above.  Yes, there are options to go about what you already did already in a better fashion. There needs more Q injection however. THE POINT is...  Q injection.

MISSIONS/Q etcs.  A game is built on going about randomly viewing random quests and  missions. Heck you might not even complete a quest on purpose untended. The rewards might be great. The fact is it actually takes time to figure out these missions and quests. I cannot stress this ENOUGH for your team. ENOUGH.  If you really want your game to be great. ( I'm not saying its not great as it is but)   IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY want it to be awesome. You have to start implementing the quests and missions firsts. Every player will deviate from mining/industry because they have a REASON to do so. I'm honestly pleading with all of you NQ to reconsider your development team and implications!!! I want you guys to succeed, and I HATE to see you guys go down this road. 

Please please; Devote your team to Quests and Missions before you do any more updates.  

~Teso91 

I have more suggestions if you are willing to hear. 

Comments from community and suggestions:: 

Tyrellx Today at 8:46 PM 

Sadly I got muted in the discord for getting a little too tilted with a guy who couldn’t use punctuation lol. Suggested change to schematics: keep prices create element: schematic hub. Looks and acts the same as a container hub. It stores schematics, and industry units within the same core can craft the thing. 1 schematic can run 3 industry units. 2 schematics in the hub for a screw means 6 units can make the screw etc. Next patch, introduce some kind of operating cost for industry. Maybe a generator industry element that runs on nitron. Talents for fuel to power conversion efficiency, and net power output. Make it either linked or static to the core unit, IE 2 generators provide X watts to the entire core unit. Higher tier industry, more power needed. Longer craft times, more power needed long term. IMO this stays true to JCs vision, industry has a cost to it. Schematics are not free, power is not free, running a factory is not free long term even after your startup investments. Gigafactory players and orgs have choices to make; do they bother with the operation expenses of running industry to craft precursors, or go to market and buy them in order to begin crafting higher tier items. Thanks for doing this compiling and writing, hopefully it gets where it needs to go 

Sybily 

This is the beginning of your direct message history with @Sybily. 

December 11, 2020 

progress.gif 

SybilyToday at 8:33 PM 

lower the price of schematics 

progress.gif 

SybilyToday at 8:34 PM 

get rid of the censorship mods 

progress.gif 

NEW 

progress.gif 

SybilyToday at 8:43 PM 

a mining multiplier for correctly timed clicked so we can at least use 4 brains cells when mining instead of just 1 

we need farms 

[8:54 PM] 

something other to do than mining 

Sanctuary planet- Tutorial only. 

progress.gif 

Auxxrsaxxn Today at 9:06 PM 

Make schematics a one time buy, I shouldn't have to have 100 of the same schematic for all my machines. Should be one localized schematic bank that all machines that are placed on that construct be able to access them 

BraxxxxxwbieToday at 9:09 PM 

Schematics 1 time buy = Faster progression, tradeable item, exploits. Schematics 1 time per machine buy = Slower and safe progression. We just left the Faster progression. Don't suggest them to add things to make the progression faster because they will laugh 

Teso91Today at 9:30 PM 

NQ really needs an immediate missions/quest update to fix this catastrophe. and I mean like now. lol 

pawsToday at 9:30 PM 

Then here are the two biggest issues I see. There are obviously a lot of issues, but I see these two as having the largest impact in game long term. 

[9:31 PM] 

1- bootstrapping. All players should be able to make space fuel, and atmosphere fuel. To reach other locations and other planets. Without this, people get stranded, especially newbies. 

paxxwxxx43sToday at 9:33 PM 

2- collisions are too punishing. It is very easy to crash, due to bugs, tiny pixels of dirt, griefing, etc... Those collisions now destroy ships. Rebuilding a ship due to a minor glitch has a very high penalty. It also makes expensive ships prohibitive even in safe zone, leading to less demand for higher end products, leading to less economy... you see the chain im sure. 

progress.gif 

pxxxawxxx23csToday at 9:35 PM 

those are the two issues if you are taking them to the devs helping all players and especially newbies have basic necessities like fuel and making the frequent collisions, often due to bugs less punishing 

progress.gif 

Teso91Today at 9:51 PM 

Theres another issue with tickets now. I mean i was waiting for 6 territory scanners to get back in my inv when the container bug was going on. I removed 6 scanners to move to another container and guess what? I LOST THEM ALL. I couldn't go back and even give them my logs because the logs only go back so far, and i was on vacation. Yes, i got f... and I chocked it off as a loss. Its very hard to see them accomplish tickets now, and they will be still swamped in tickets. For example i have a CORE with a surrogate unit ( Abandoned: named remove) its been sitting on my base for about 5 weeks now; ive asked multiple times for admins to remove it and all they said was they were going to look into it.) Yes. Nothing gets resolved. I'm very sad to see this. 

[9:55 PM] 

Six territory scanners gone. That was easy now; or should i say back then. What is to happen now? Six territory scanners is a godsend now. More bugs to come and more being as in no more help; as they are swamped in tickets. I see it being very hard for them to resolve this issue. They should have done a reroll on the patch; and fixed all the old tickets before updating a new patch. Why would you roll out a new patch when you have thousands of tickets being resolved? Just to go back and have another 10,000 tickets added to the que of tickets being resolved? yes , im an advocate for the game. But I'm here trying to get suggestions on how we could better suit our gameplay. There are issues which obviously stop the player from playing.... But if we continue to see bugs down the line which incrue player loss items with this schematic phase and tickets like mine not being resolved... I don't see how you can keep the player base..... Customer satisfaction is key to keeping customers.... 

Teso91Today at 10:41 PM 

I think we can all agree that Mining should not only be the way for Q injection. Am i wrong? 
Yes quests/missions shoulda been here before this patch to the mines? Lets be clear here... 90% of you have done your time in the mines. We need a new mechanic if any of the old player base is going to abide by these new patch updates The mines are not the place for 95% of the player base. I think honestly that 90% of the server is pissed because they have guess what... "DONE THEIR TIME" in the mines... and you know what? JC sends them back to it 

ThexcMaxstxcerRocdsloToday at 10:47 PM 

I am actually more of a lone wolf player, sure I am part of an org but I have received very few things from them and all at the current market price of when I bought it. These changes suck but it will all level out in the end. Nothing will ever be fair in the game because it is about building a civilization. This inherently means the there will be the wealthy and the poor. Wiping just puts a band-aid on this it doesn't solve the problem