what's going at NQ?

Kirth Gersen

I'm a long time supporter. 

I get a full day ban from the discord over that joke https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/304455542162587649/787072941657161758 

during the whole hour I was in the channel, numerous people were insulting and trolling each others and no moderation occurred.

I mean wth NQ ? you can't take a joke? 

ss in case:

image.png.f6c9d1a8d52abf777bc3c44de6d6aeb8.png

Hey Kirth,

If you disagree with moderation you received, please contact the moderator that issued the warning/ban/mute to discuss your situation further.

Also note that while we try to be as consistent as possible, there will be times when both NQ staff and the volunteer mod team misses incidents due to the speed of chat on Discord. (We strongly encourage everyone to report any rule breaking behaviour to ensure nothing slips between the cracks.)

Hi Naunet, thanks for replying.

I'm not very familiar with discord. I don't know who issued the mute, all I got was a 'Dyno' message with no details.  A friend say to contact @ModeratorMail but that ended replying this:

File a ticket with support and NQ CMs will review your appeal.

I'm not sure opening a ticket just for this is worth it considering the ticket average time resolution.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kirth Gersen said:

I'm a long time supporter. 

I get a full day ban from the discord over that joke https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/304455542162587649/787072941657161758 

during the whole hour I was in the channel, numerous people were insulting and trolling each others and no moderation occurred.

I mean wth NQ ? you can't take a joke? 

ss in case:

image.png.f6c9d1a8d52abf777bc3c44de6d6aeb8.png

Supermarkets always need people to stand at the end of an empty checkout with an arrow,  although they will need training to point it in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Kirth Gersen said:

I'm not very familiar with discord

With all due respect, you also seem unfamiliar with a principal rule of online communities in general which says you do not question of discuss a moderator ruling in public. That NQ could have justified a ban here as well due to your post and instead choose to actually engage and explain should tell you something.

12 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

If you disagree with moderation you received, please contact the moderator that issued the warning/ban/mute to discuss your situation further.

I am not trying to start something here, but that is a fallacy. The person most unlikely to look at the complaint impartially, is the person who applied the ban in the first place.

10 hours ago, blazemonger said:

a principal rule of online communities

mm. not all. Some discords I belong to publish all moderator actions in a special channel. Helps to reduce feelings of unfairness.

If a criminal is sentenced IRL, is their crime hidden and people punished for asking what they did?

rule #1 of online communities: before replying to someone's intervention in a discussion they didn't start, look at their post history and post count. There is no point feeding the trolls or attention seeking behavior.

Just ignore them. It's the best course of action. They're not here to debate or exchange a point of view.

On 12/12/2020 at 5:58 AM, CptLoRes said:

I am not trying to start something here, but that is a fallacy. The person most unlikely to look at the complaint impartially, is the person who applied the ban in the first place.

I can see why one might feel this way, but I can promise you that all moderation cases are documented and saved in a space where all staff are able to review them. Nothing is enforced in a vacuum, and there's no short supply of objective perspectives. :) I hope that's reassuring.