Schematics and patch 0.23 changes poll

Rimezx

What do you think about the schematics change and patch 0.23 in general?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the schematics change and patch 0.23 in general?

• I like all the changes. They seem fine and/or needed to me.
    • I dislike all changes and wish all of them were revoked.
    • I want to keep all changes besides schematics.
    • I want to keep all changes but adjust schematics price lower.
    • I do not really care about the changes. Either way is fine by me.
    • I believe the changes are correct but were introduced prematurely (*new option)

Too broad.

I like the element destruction - but not at the same time as the industry changes.

I like the idea of schematics - for FUTURE tech as well as high tier items like say warp drives and warp beacons. I'd even be down if you had to find some of them in wrecks. Or if there was a SWTOR style 'research' system to discover new BPs from smashing items - have an engine that's almost unrepairable? Feed it into research and maybe you'll get a T2 BP out of it...

Creating additional tiers of elements that did have BPs associated with them would have been fine. 

Notice that what I'm suggesting expands the gameplay. 

What they did was limit it.

There is no way I would support anything that serves as gatekeeping in a game that already suffers from having too few things to do.

Barely played, I had about 2 days before the changes

The idea of schematics even for basic stuff it makes sense from a point of a fully established and running market/trade system. But as Mordgier stated since the game has very little to do and generate income then trying to purchase extremely limited market items would peeve people off - probably more so the older players needing more advanced stuff

Basic schems should be free, everything else should be opened via talents and/or the paywall. With reasonable prices for the more common stuff, increasing in time to research and/or expense to buy as the items become more rare. 75k is a ridiculous price for basic schems, if they have to be bought the price should be more like 750q.

I  was almost done building a ship large enough to get any real mining done and now I am unable to build the parts to finish it. I spent half of my 4.5 mil and am no where near getting all the schems needed. 

This was a wake up call for those of us who weren't planning on being a cog in anyone's machine. We're obviously not in the target audience. I was already hesitant to buy in to an Eve style PvP game, this patch was the killer ... I unsubbed 3 accounts ..they're not getting any more of my money.

I was wondering, has anyone figured out the complete quanta price on a basic/average small core ship with a couple of weapons and capable of atmospheric as well as space flight? I am only spitballing and do not know myself, but I would guesstimate ... 5 mil quanta? Maybe more?

Poll needs more options in my opinion. On the face of it all the new changes are fine as a starting point by themselves but all at once? NO. Deploy one major change so you can see what impact it has and take time to balance and adjust it before implementing another change. By bringing in several changes at once, all of which overlap in their effects means it's almost impossible to judge what impact any one change has had and so balance accordingly.

Honestly don't know what the best course of action is from here now that these changes have been implemented as no matter what it will piss someone off but this is beta so development is the main focus which includes balancing. Perhaps roll back some of the new "features" and leave in the schematics only so that can be fine tuned???