Dissection of current State of the game

Umibozu

Hello all,

Let me put a disclaimer here, i have already vented my anger on discord,

Let us begin.

A. It is obvious at this point that:

1. Decision making NQ Staff has NEVER played the game in its current state, There is enough evidence to prove that in all interviews and Q&As to date. That of course includes JC.

2. Important questions regarding state of the game, future plans, community has been asking are being avoided and ignored.

3. Patch 0.23 has been rushed, no proof reading, poorly executed, poorly implemented.

4. Customer Service  is lacking.

5. PR is nonexistent. Community is being treated with disrespect.

Dont get me wrong, i consider the changes needed BUT NOT NOW.

B.  Before implementation of  element destruction, removal of "Fetch", removal of ALT+F4:

1.Game optimization and server/client stability issues MUST be resolved,

2. Construct induced lag, fps drops, client crashes MUST BE resolved.( yes MARKETS you want us to use)

With the current state of the game  vast majority of ship crash landings, AGG falling from the skies, and many more issues are NOT CAUSED BY HUMAN ERROR.

C.  Before implementation of disastrous changes to the industry , ( again , changes needed , but not at this point).

1. Alternative ways of progress MUST BE introduced.

2. Wider variety of resource collection MUST BE introduced to the game.

DONT EVER THINK OF MAKING MINING HARDER AND MORE BORING  AND TEDIOUS than it is now. Unless you dare to risk loosing the remaining community.

Element destruction, container content destruction vs PVP.

D. YOU HAVE MADE forced pvp obsolete. I am not a fan of piracy but i acknowledge that it is vital part of any sandbox experience

Proposed changes:

1. Allow Recycler to be able to turn components into raw materials, with the amount dependent on state of the item.

2. Container content deletion upon destruction is STUPID idea, please change it so contents  be taken out of the destroyed storage only.

If staff has any more questions or would like to me to elaborate , please do so.

Regards

Umibozu

I don't expect NQ devs to hear me, but I would like to extend with thoughts of my own:

11 hours ago, Umibozu said:

Dont get me wrong, i consider the changes needed BUT NOT NOW.

B.  Before implementation of  element destruction, removal of "Fetch", removal of ALT+F4:

1.Game optimization and server/client stability issues MUST be resolved,

2. Construct induced lag, fps drops, client crashes MUST BE resolved.( yes MARKETS you want us to use)

With the current state of the game  vast majority of ship crash landings, AGG falling from the skies, and many more issues are NOT CAUSED BY HUMAN ERROR.

I agree and have stated so elsewhere. Low end systems (yes with updated drivers ?) are bad enough it's actually very hard to stop on an elevator to use it at times. Why allow for low end systems? To expand your player base of course. The more that are able to play it can contribute more to overall income of the game. There are people who rage quit over issues that aren't as bad as this, and besides, if you are trying to emulate 'real life' then you need all types of players.

11 hours ago, Umibozu said:

C.  Before implementation of disastrous changes to the industry , ( again , changes needed , but not at this point).

1. Alternative ways of progress MUST BE introduced.

2. Wider variety of resource collection MUST BE introduced to the game.

DONT EVER THINK OF MAKING MINING HARDER AND MORE BORING  AND TEDIOUS than it is now. Unless you dare to risk loosing the remaining community.

Again, agreed and stated elsewhere.

I realize not everyone is into PvE, nor does it seem like everyone is into PvP either, but these things MUST be established, stable and in place as an alternative way to make money. Ships that can be found and COMPLETELY salvaged, short delivery or bounty type missions (some of which can be turned into tutorials), a small and controlled NPC population, maybe going so far as to making NPC organizations (eventually and limited to a basic low number. such as State, Mining, Industry, Delivery, Rogue only as examples) who would give out such missions and give something for PvPers to practice shooting at in the interim. Yes, I believe NPC's may be a slippery slope, but done properly can be very rewarding and add spice, and needed quanta.

Automated resource gathering is stated on NQ's road map to completion, but how is that going to work and won't that just become a quick issue with such limited resources in the beginning? Obviously at some point there will have to be a 'reseeding' of the lower, most used tiers. Also, why not make current recipes become cheaper to make across the board with each step in a period of time? Every 3 or 6 months screws (as only one example) use less resources (maybe 3% or so) to make until it reaches a balanced state for limited resources vs influx of new players?

Real world example: if we used oil as we did in the 70's, exact same technology all the way to today with no change the projected time we were to begin to run out of oil globally was 2000! We know this to be untrue today, OBVIOUSLY, but this fact can lay down a logical way to 'replant' or supplement our total resources as time progresses. In the same vein, a car in the 70's average mileage was 12 MPG (0.85 KPL) while today it is 25 MPG (10.62 KPL)!!

Using this in a gradual, logical way I think can lead to a more fluid, growing, and, with automated resource gatherers, an enjoyably profitable experience for those who wish to mine. And YES PLEASE IT WAS BORING ENOUGH ALREADY FOR ME AS WELL

12 hours ago, Umibozu said:

Element destruction, container content destruction vs PVP.

D. YOU HAVE MADE forced pvp obsolete. I am not a fan of piracy but i acknowledge that it is vital part of any sandbox experience

Proposed changes:

1. Allow Recycler to be able to turn components into raw materials, with the amount dependent on state of the item.

2. Container content deletion upon destruction is STUPID idea, please change it so contents  be taken out of the destroyed storage only.

Yes, a destroyed container should spill its content and/or have it's contents available to all. But I think ONLY if it is destroyed. A destroyed core wouldn't mean a destroyed container. You can shoot out an armored trucks tires, but still can't take the money.

I love the recycler idea myself. Don't have the time or the skill to repair a ship? Recycle it! Afterall, over 32% of our things in the REAL WORLD are recycled. Not only that, HEY LOOK, another way to slow down resource D-Day and opens up yet another job/money making position ... The Salvage Yard.

With all of these things introduced in a well thought out, well announced, series of patches, the costs of current industry now become more realistic.

Last food for thought again automobiles..

When automobiles were first created, they WERE made in barns and garages by just one or two people. All of them. And that is a good example of where the current new player base and economy is at. 1880's... To throw back what I have heard... Sure, today we may not be able to just create a cell phone if we want one... but we sure can build a working phone with knowledge and time. And we also have ways of making money to buy a cell phone if we want it. The way I see it, the average new player will never become significant in any way in the game as it stands. And the Rockefellers in the game today will never be surpassed by the Fords of tomorrow, let alone the Musks of next week!