Buy order for industry machines please

DaneDread

8 minutes ago, Ochiniwa said:

I agree, there should not be any bot orders.

But they do and in a far more damaging form.  Might as well use them now to soften the blow of this change. 

Being able to recycle them to ore might also be an option and then we can just sell that to the bots that already exist.

31 minutes ago, DaneDread said:

But they do and in a far more damaging form.  Might as well use them now to soften the blow of this change. 

Being able to recycle them to ore might also be an option and then we can just sell that to the bots that already exist.

If something is done and it is damaging why would you expect to do it even more. If in the past something is done wrongly it does not justify to keep on doing it at all, on the contrary. :)

Anyways I ahve lots of machines myself that are not used, they are stockpiled in many Large Containers. One day I will be using them again and there will be new players coming and might sell them. But I do not think they are really worth being sold.

2 minutes ago, Ochiniwa said:

If something is done and it is damaging why would you expect to do it even more. If in the past something is done wrongly it does not justify to keep on doing it at all, on the contrary. :)

Anyways I ahve lots of machines myself that are not used, they are stockpiled in many Large Containers. One day I will be using them again and there will be new players coming and might sell them. But I do not think they are really worth being sold.

There is no hope for this game's economy when the majority of raw materials are literally vaporized to produce money.  It seems silly to draw a line here.  Might as well let us burn down a few more things that NQ themselves wanted to lessen the quantity of in the game.

NQ created a massive surplus of industry which is now useless and the market value is unreasonable low. Finding a way to compensate for this is only fair.

Allowing players to place a higher tier schematic into the schematic bank and from there upgrade the element (while consuming the schematic) would be fair enough. That action is just a numbers game in the database and is or should be a very low cost option as far as development time. A simple popup "You  placed a XXXXX schematic in the bank, are you sure you wish to upgrade the unit?" and change the number sin the database once confirmed.

Problem is that NQ would not account for such options so they now have no way to know which tier 1 industry was previously owned or just added I am expecting. It's just another example of not thinking things through, not considering options and/or consequence of changes.. In other MMO games, when changes such as these happen options to upgrade are generally provided and/or done automatically.

2 hours ago, Ochiniwa said:

I agree, there should not be any bot orders.

With 150 kℏ daily reward as the only remaining sorce of money but schemas as a giant money sink? Goodbye economy. The bot orders must stay as long as there is no other way to inject cash into the game (which is not going to happen anytime soon). However, they urgently need to be balanced in order to make the markets working. But NQ is not able or willing to see that.

Imo with a natural supply / demand economy, you could make more selling T1 than to the bots.  I hear many long tenured players imploring for Hamatite.  The bots cripple natural progression.  It'd be nice if the markets allowed sales planet wide, or even within a few planets of each other.

The bot orders are the equivalent to vendors in rpg games. They are just confusing because they are in the same market players use to trade with each other. Even if they didnt inject any money into the economy and only gave the 150k per day the economy would work just fine. Quantas would have different value and all items prices would adjust to that. Large engines for example would sell for something like 1k quantas. Numbers do not make any difference. But now the deed is done. Removing them at this point would benefit only the ones already possesing large capitals. Increasing bot buy order prices for ore, like they did,  screws over anyone keeping capitals by dropping money value in general. I think NQ should really hire someone with a degree in economics if they wanna go hard into economy and let them fix their economy for them. Each small change can have serious consequences in an economy and changes are flying in like crazy lately. 

On 12/12/2020 at 8:09 AM, OrionSteed said:

Imo with a natural supply / demand economy, you could make more selling T1 than to the bots.  I hear many long tenured players imploring for Hamatite.  The bots cripple natural progression.  It'd be nice if the markets allowed sales planet wide, or even within a few planets of each other.

They wanted hematite to turn into steel honeycomb to sell to bots.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:27 AM, DaneDread said:

Some of us are now sitting on dozens of industry machines we can't reasonably use.  There's no reasonable buy orders for them.  How about some bot orders so we can unload the excess machines for a reasonable price?

Completely agree. I have all the machines I need to make warp cells, but I'll never use them now... and, of course, they have no value to players because everyone has a similar problem. Having bots buy them back would be reasonable and fair.

Maybe I'll deploy a core at the local district and stack all my excess industries there lol.