Schematic price formula needs changes

Rimezx

The schematic prices are fine for T1 but as the tier progresses it is becoming ridiculous.

For example check warp cell price make a calculation of how much the schematics would cost to get 1 cell every 50 mins production.

After that do the math of how many warp cells you can produce per day and how much profit you make per warp cell. If you do the math

to regain the initial investment out of profit you need something like 140 days of selling warp cells to the market. 

Haven't calculated for other rare recipes like AGG, which will take like a year of selling AGGs to start making profit. Doesn't this seem too 

much? Was this intentional? 

I think the power per rarity level in the formula needs adjustment. It should be around 2 weeks of time to start making profit even for the rarest

items. Any more than that and it is too much in my opinion.

54 minutes ago, Rimezx said:

The schematic prices are fine for T1 but as the tier progresses it is becoming ridiculous.

For example check warp cell price make a calculation of how much the schematics would cost to get 1 cell every 50 mins production.

After that do the math of how many warp cells you can produce per day and how much profit you make per warp cell. If you do the math

to regain the initial investment out of profit you need something like 140 days of selling warp cells to the market. 

Haven't calculated for other rare recipes like AGG, which will take like a year of selling AGGs to start making profit. Doesn't this seem too 

much? Was this intentional? 

I think the power per rarity level in the formula needs adjustment. It should be around 2 weeks of time to start making profit even for the rarest

items. Any more than that and it is too much in my opinion.

I think they are taking a look at it right now

Yes It's really hard I was a simple warp cell producer, selling some to buy elements. Now even selling all my supplies I don't have enought to set a Line for 1 cell/hour. I really liké the Idea behind the update but something is off and it's not that hard the cost is good for a complete line, the total sum off all schem should be arround 10mil.

14 minutes ago, XKentX said:

EVE has stuff with years in ROI. That's the price of stable economy.

But EVE also has content to keep you busy in the meanwhile..

NQ on the other hand has added 'end game' grind of the type you would find in a established long running game to a 'beta' that doesn't even have a complete game loop yet.

4 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

But EVE also has content to keep you busy in the meanwhile..

NQ on the other hand has added 'end game' grind of the type you would find in a established long running game to a 'beta' that doesn't even have a complete game loop yet.

That's the price of beta + no wipe. Make the end-game content gates, the way to get there is still in development.

I was sold a PVP game where PVP will come in 2 patches. Welcome on board.

No, it is the price of NQ's tendency to not having sensible priorities when adding features, and instead just add whatever takes the least amount of work first. If they had first added some sensible alternatives to making income, this would have all gone over much better with players. There is an almost universal hate for mining in this game, and NQ just sky rocketed the amount of mining needed to get anywhere in this game, and at the same time lobotomized the one thing most players enjoyed doing (industry). So there is no wonder people are frustrated.

The whole discussion here is based on the current market prices. People have been producing the Warp cells like mad and are now celling their stock because the think the price is gone up by like 50%... but if it is really that expensive to produce them, the costs of the Warp Cells will just go up and that's it. And I agree 140 Days is not that long.

Tying shematic prices to manufacture time is ridiculous. Not to mention that manufactoring time of some products are just ridiculous timewall. And now we have ridiculous paywall and timewall.

And dont tell me about that it's MMO. No, it's bad gamedesign. Just watch some video from GDC

EVE Devs thought that ridiculous paywall and timewall will save them from Titans and Supercarriers produsing like mad. But in the end this striked them hard.  

Frankly, the schematics and needed uncommon industry for warpcell factory with 5 output furnaces for 5 cells every 50 minutes comes in at around 120M and IMO that is a very reasonable number seeing how the margins on warpcells is high still.

Even when you buy all raw ore from the market, the cost are still such that you can start generating profit fairly quickly if you only sell them.

While I have my thoughts on the overall implementation and choices NQ made, in this specific case it works out and ROI is very reasonable even if you only produce for your own use compared to buying cells off the market.

Now obviously, it remains to be seen whether NAQ finds a way to change that ;)

49 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Frankly, the schematics and needed uncommon industry for warpcell factory with 5 output furnaces for 5 cells every 50 minutes comes in at around 120M and IMO that is a very reasonable number seeing how the margins on warpcells is high still.

Even when you buy all raw ore from the market, the cost are still such that you can start generating profit fairly quickly if you only sell them.

While I have my thoughts on the overall implementation and choices NQ made, in this specific case it works out and ROI is very reasonable even if you only produce for your own use compared to buying cells off the market.

Did you even do the math? where did you get the 10 mil from the previous post? :D 12 mil is only the exceptional parts and 5 mil the warp cell. It should be around 20 mil for 1 cell every 50 mins if not more.  Very few people are gonna bother doing this for months just to START making profit. Not to mention that you have to pay a sub to do so. This is ridiculous. The price of 1 cell will get to levels like 50k per cell for a while. Gl bringing loads from the pvp zone with warp. Anyway if you guys think this is okay just wait for the game to die. Then you will realize just how okay this is at this point.

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

That's the price of beta + no wipe. Make the end-game content gates, the way to get there is still in development.

I was sold a PVP game where PVP will come in 2 patches. Welcome on board.

Gl finding people in the pvp zone risking their now irreplaceable ships. No entering the pvp zone because of the risk + no warp because of cost = dead game.

3 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Dépend 120mil would be 120hours play for me just mining... don't sure I'm ready for this. you will tell me to join others, I try and ask but I will have to abandon the idea of building aniything if I do that, and I love building in this game the thing I can't do anymore, I love piloting to, but non Reading or ressources to do so. Orgs only look for slave now.

5 hours ago, XKentX said:

140 days ROI is more than good.

2 weeks ?? You are kidding right. We are playing MMO

EVE has stuff with years in ROI. That's the price of stable economy.

Im sick of seeing posts about eve actually. I dont give an f about how eve works. Ive been seeing eve mentioned everywhere in the forums. If you wanna play eve go play eve, it already exists we dont need a second one. Clear your mind from set ideas from eve and start thinking anew for this game. Otherwise you get an eve 2, which might be what you want, but you get the point. We should learn from eve's mistakes and carve a new way, not copy what we have already seen.

2 minutes ago, Rimezx said:

Im sick of seeing posts about eve actually. I dont give an f about how eve works. Ive been seeing eve mentioned everywhere in the forums. If you wanna play eve go play eve, it already exists we dont need a second one. Clear your mind from set ideas from eve and start thinking anew for this game. Otherwise you get an eve 2, which might be what you want, but you get the point. We should learn from eve's mistakes and carve a new way, not copy what we have already seen.

The game copies eve mechanics in like 95% of what it has. Once it stops being 95% similar I will not compare them. (hope it won't)