[Serious] Dual Universe and Mega Nodes

Novean-71071

My pov: Meganodes are fun but are a mistake. Its solo per node most boring experience the game will offer. I would really to see what others think about this. 

Wouldnt we benefit more from mining a tile in small teams while all the planets will have their T1-5 ores averaged while we still have a decent progress towards T4-5 tiers instead of instant gratification high lvl tier mega nodes bring ?

image.png.4871889a7e36a44e8b18c678a60a1cf9.png

I invested my time in this game in prospecting as did a lot of serious miners.  Searching for ore veins was actually even more tedious than mining the ore itself by a significant margin.  If they are going to just go ahead and permanently remove meganodes then they need to announce so soon, so we can stop wasting our time here.

Thats fine if they want to do that, although doing it without putting it into patch notes is cowardly even if expected.  But do it or don't.  S*** or get off the pot.

I am OK with reseed. I'll lose a pile of meganodes but if new opportunities open it's fine.

I would add a lot more ores beyond territory scanner's range. Then some meganodes appear in scans while some require lotsa digging and pure luck to be found.

HAHAAHHHHAHAAH   GASP  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA      Best line ever   "We are Open To Your Feedback On This"   AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they have been silent since this patch ... everyone told them no bad idea, and has continued to tell them after patch and so far 70% of people have siad on the poll post they will stop playing ...   if you guys think they care about your feedback or listen to anyone on the forums your nuts. 

12 hours ago, qwertyboom said:

HAHAAHHHHAHAAH   GASP  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA      Best line ever   "We are Open To Your Feedback On This"   AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they have been silent since this patch ... everyone told them no bad idea, and has continued to tell them after patch and so far 70% of people have siad on the poll post they will stop playing ...   if you guys think they care about your feedback or listen to anyone on the forums your nuts. 

70% of the poll post will stop playing? can you link that I would be interested in how far this is representative of the player base.

We are a bunch of people playing that game for quite some time now and we are not really annoyed by this change. Ok we loose like many many hours invested in this game but we are in a beta and I expect everything, even a complete wipe down the road in a couple of months or even a year. Expect the worst and hope for the best is the motto here.

I see a lot of people here saying that they do not like this or that change or would like to go a certain direction, that is fine. That is what the discussion is supposed to be. But it is a company producing this game and they do what they want and if players do not like it, they leave and do not play, as easy as that. If too many players leave, tough luck, the company goes bust (or the game dies).  It is just sheer impossible to do all the changes that players request as they contradict themselves. (just like I do now when I say I like the changes).

So my conclusion is, state your opinion, see what happens, you do not like it, leave it be and find another game to your liking.

Cheers

1 hour ago, qwertyboom said:

And im sure if your a part of a mega corp you love these changes. 

LOL no.  At least we don't in our section of it, especially the Meganurf.  Also there is evidence that one of the big members of Boo(b lol love that) hated the patch so much that they burned a major bridge on their way out of quitting the game.  

I'm saying NOBODY is happy with these changes.

Revelcro  Lethys  thank you for replying,  in reading the forums and thinking about the patch it felt like large corps were better equipped to handle this massive change  so i stand corrected.  im kinda glad that the majority here feels that way, Hopefully that will get the attention of devs. Since they refuse to listen then the only way to get the attention of them is to hit them in the wallet and unsubscribe. My original reply did seem trollish i agree.. but i had to laugh at that statement. There are a LOT of intelligent people on the forums with some great ideas, but they might was well scream at the wall, and that is very unfortunate. I mean hell if you wanted to fix the markets short term make it so all markets on each planet can be accessed from any marketplace. Lots of ideas. 

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, FrigoPorco said:

They really need some form of PVE....they will come around to this....people want a world to play in. 

This we can agree on it seams, along with the evil AI Aphelia repressing the population- creating missions to haul.... sand! just to get Novean's to shoot at eachother! Let's be honest, we both know aphelia is an evil AI(We banished AI from our world looooong ago! *this is cannon*)- it's only a matter of time before her drone ships are unleashed on us in a more direct manner of eradication- we will be forced to fight back.

People still aren´t over launch? If you wipe now you alienate the people that stuck to the game, for a short rush of adrenaline. How likely are the quitters to stick around the second time you think? I do think it would probably have been better to launch later, even if that meant breaking a promise and going into beta unwiped or later. At this point everybody has had months to catch up with the people from the bots buying everything incident, I don´t think anybody has had the constitution to grind uninterruptedly since launch, and even if they did they totally earned what they grinded for. It´s no use being butthurt over this forever, there wil be other things that mess up for sure.

Also yes we will need at least fauna, if not spawned in hostile AI dynamic cores. We get the vision JC had but there is few benefits in being a purist here, the npc can be very rare, but none leaves the world a bit empty.

Edited by Overstimuloredom
forgot second subject

Wipe is not solution. If the biggest issues and flows are not resolved, the wipe will only make old players angry and force them to stop playing. But new players will suffer the same issues in few weeks and game is at the same spot but with smaller playerbase.

14 hours ago, tomasco said:

Wipe is not solution. If the biggest issues and flows are not resolved, the wipe will only make old players angry and force them to stop playing. But new players will suffer the same issues in few weeks and game is at the same spot but with smaller playerbase.

We've talked this over and over for about 1 year. We have official posts there wont be any FULL wipes.

1 hour ago, Elitez said:

We've talked this over and over for about 1 year. We have official posts there wont be any FULL wipes.

Iirc the official wording is they TRY not to wipe but may be possible if they need to. That's why this discussion rages on

7 hours ago, DrFrigoPorco said:

How about player controlled NPCs. So that we can populate the world a bit. Set up shops with shopkeepers. Have 'guards' that can be placed. This would be player controlled but fun. 

Yes that is one thing that could be done... I was thinking the other day that automated mining could be like roombas picking up surface rocks within a tile. Once avatar vs avatar comes out temporary bodyguards would be cool too, they could be drones too if pathfinding is an issue. Then you have the pets that backers were promised, they should also roam the surfaces to add some sort of collectathon to the game, bonus points if they can also help out in avatar vs avatar combat. Then they could spawn in weekly challenges, much like they spawn in asteroids weekly, except these would be challenging construct v construct or avatar v avatar fights that can not be won alone.

In a world where everything can be automised, shopkeepers aren´t a necessity but hell, if you can make their interface a bit like the barter screen/ more classical rpg shops, it´s definitly a plus, especially if you can actually finetune them in terms of haggling.

Also lethys is correct as it pertains to NQ´s wording. Personally I´m thinking that maybe one day they might do a map overhaul thats results in all our constructs and claims being compactified into weightless blueprints, but the resulting landrush would leave more than one player frustrated.

3 hours ago, Lethys said:

Iirc the official wording is they TRY not to wipe but may be possible if they need to. That's why this discussion rages on

Quote official post where they've said they will wipe (erase data) with no chance to get it back ?!