WTF NQ?

Daphne Jones

I am really upset with this sudden change. I would have much preferred the option to reset my talents.

I have been okay with the latest patch. I am very much not okay with them resetting my talents and training queue with no notice. This is really frustrating.

22 minutes ago, Doombad said:

I am really upset with this sudden change. I would have much preferred the option to reset my talents.

I have been okay with the latest patch. I am very much not okay with them resetting my talents and training queue with no notice. This is really frustrating.

Yeah... I had just gotten my talents where I wanted them for the new patch and they pulled the rug out from under me.

1 hour ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Hey guys, I appreciate the thoughts about the talent reset. I will definitely be sharing this with the team!

We heard that one week after talents were implemented too and you STILL can't apply free sp with one click or return to previous talents with a click. Or have an actual useful UI at all with talents. To arrange them and stuff. Was asked years ago and was ignored back then too. Sorry, but that line of yours doesn't mean anything when nothing changes 

2 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Hey guys, I appreciate the thoughts about the talent reset. I will definitely be sharing this with the team!

Let me be very clear that I really appreciate and respect your willingness to be here, listen and forward feedback which I have no doubt you actually do.

The issue starts on the next step up from CM though as it has by now become very clear that that feedback does not generally go anywhere and if it does end up in the right inbox.. it stays there.

What NQ seems to not get is that responding to feedback, whichever way you decide on it, is as important as "hearing" it. I can absolutely get that what is suggested/requested is just not possible or planned for a later stage. The trick of communication is to bring that response back (to us) and the latter really does not happen.

2 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Let me be very clear that I really appreciate and respect your willingness to be here, listen and forward feedback which I have no doubt you actually do.

The issue starts on the next step up from CM though as it has by now become very clear that that feedback does not generally go anywhere and if it does end up in the right inbox.. it stays there.

What NQ seems to not get is that responding to feedback, whichever way you decide on it, is as important as "hearing" it. I can absolutely get that what is suggested/requested is just not possible or planned for a later stage. The trick of communication is to bring that response back (to us) and the latter really does not happen.

Yup  - poor @NQ-Naunet joined at a pretty rough time and got to take a beating for JCs awful decisions in Discord....

I do wonder how a lot of the NQ team feels about the direction of the game, if they agree with it, or just get ignored by JC when they speak up ....or if they learned long ago that their opinion about how things should work matter exactly as much as mine - meaning not at all.

1 hour ago, Mordgier said:

Yup  - poor @NQ-Naunet joined at a pretty rough time and got to take a beating for JCs awful decisions in Discord....

I do wonder how a lot of the NQ team feels about the direction of the game, if they agree with it, or just get ignored by JC when they speak up ....or if they learned long ago that their opinion about how things should work matter exactly as much as mine - meaning not at all.

Ha. Yesterday was certainly an adventure in fire-fighting.

From my perspective regarding the direction of the game, I can see what the long-term vision is. I intellectually understand the choices made, as do many players. I can also understand how many players seem to be left wishing the changes were introduced more gradually and announced earlier. I think the entire team learned a lot from the happenings of 0.23, and I feel we will do better in both areas with the next update.

I have added every skill I intend to buy back to the queue at level 2 or 3 (2 clicks for 2 skills) which is  better value. 
it will take about 5 days for those skills to process. 

A good amount of time for a break while the shit sinks to the bottom of the punch bowl and a breather to get started with Cyberpunk, which I’m enjoying immensely. 

Yeah.. I am not planning on playing the game much (if any at all) in the current state. So I just queued up a month worth of level 1 to 3's of the obvious stuff, and left my points untouched until I know better how to use them in the future.

15 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Ha. Yesterday was certainly an adventure in fire-fighting.

From my perspective regarding the direction of the game, I can see what the long-term vision is. I intellectually understand the choices made, as do many players. I can also understand how many players seem to be left wishing the changes were introduced more gradually and announced earlier. I think the entire team learned a lot from the happenings of 0.23, and I feel we will do better in both areas with the next update.

If I may ask, WHEN will this update be? Is there a short term quick fix for those considering leaving the game?

On 12/12/2020 at 7:49 AM, Deintus said:

If I may ask, WHEN will this update be? Is there a short term quick fix for those considering leaving the game?

0.24 (the next update) isn't set for release for some time - we've got to get beyond the holidays, first! :) 

We have been carefully considering everyone's feedback about 0.23, and have used it to make the following adjustments:

• A full talent refund. All of your talent points will be refunded and your current talent training queue will be cleared!
  • A temporary Holiday Bonus Daily Reward increase to 150.000 quantas!
  • Fixing honeycomb schematic prices. For reference, here is the exact formula used for schematic price calculation: Price = 500 * 1.5^Tier * max(100, schematicRunTime)
  • Market bots will now temporarily buy your T1 ore for double the usual price. (They will also purchase T2 ore.) This is to compensate for the absence of other income-providing methods that will be introduced early next year.

Please keep your eyes peeled in case we announce additional changes/updates.

1 hour ago, NQ-Naunet said:

0.24 (the next update) isn't set for release for some time - we've got to get beyond the holidays, first! :) 

We have been carefully considering everyone's feedback about 0.23, and have used it to make the following adjustments:

• A full talent refund. All of your talent points will be refunded and your current talent training queue will be cleared!
  • A temporary Holiday Bonus Daily Reward increase to 150.000 quantas!
  • Fixing honeycomb schematic prices. For reference, here is the exact formula used for schematic price calculation: Price = 500 * 1.5^Tier * max(100, schematicRunTime)
  • Market bots will now temporarily buy your T1 ore for double the usual price. (They will also purchase T2 ore.) This is to compensate for the absence of other income-providing methods that will be introduced early next year.

Please keep your eyes peeled in case we announce additional changes/updates.

I was expecting more adequate changes, such as adjustment of schematics prices, from economic point of view, trying to solve the current issues with a single equation is beyond shortsighted( lightly put)

i have mentioned this before: Creators vision MUST come with understanding of community play style, with current changes you have trampled over vast majority community enjoyment. Before you make any more decisions i strongly recommend consulting with Xsolla about number of subscription cancellations post .23 patch.

It is obvious that long therm vision is Large organization playstyle , where selected few can have fun playing planet governments , where rest of player base is forced  into servitude , because solo/ family style organizations have no place to exist. It is completely wrong road, which is going to lead to a disaster.

Before you introduce any more disastrous game balancing patches, solve the client/server optimization , stability , fps, lag , latency , desync problems.

Unless JC wants to play his dream game solo

It is sad to see things going this way, especially the feedback from old faces from Alpha, I just can't disagree with how everyone feels about the current state of the game.

Going back to basics and fixing those should be the the main priority.

It looks like NQ really needs money now by charging game time for an alpha release. This seems like a very slippery slope.

Stupid me I was very enthusiastic about Beta and got a lot of my EVE Corp member that stopped playing EVE to join my Org. We even named it the same as the Eve corp and now I am the only active player left.

Will take a break again and see if things improve in a couple of months 

I also got a few members of an old Eve corp together for the first time in years , and we also named the corp here the same as Eve 

I’d been waxing lyrical about the potential in this game, the building of the base, you can build your own ship, the PvP, territory warfare, etc..,

The potential for large scale battles mixed with being able to trade etc.,..

The game didn’t live up to the hype on online adverts, the bugs and lag persisted and then came  0.23

Im the only one left active , there’s a big base built and a couple of cool ships that I bought from ship builders 

I haven’t logged in for over week, haven’t reset my skills and I’ve been waiting for a response from NQ , which also hasn’t happened 

The forums are full of posts of players who genuinely want this game to work, however my perception is NQ are not listening, maybe they don’t know what to do and are unable to roll back 0.23,or release more content 

I have unsubbed, however I will watch development from the sidelines and possibly resub when the bugs are mainly fixed and the game resembles something like it said it would be on the tin