Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)

Yamamoto

Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Continue playing or quit the game

• I will continue playing, I feel the update is cool
    • I don't wanna play after the new patch
    • I will stop playing for other reasons

8 hours ago, XKentX said:

NQ try people to "make trade" while trade is something that evolves naturally. NQ try to fight alt+f4 by introducing things that require you to alt+f4 10 times in a row. NQ tries to make industry work by making element destructible and a "-1 retries remaining" message meaning you now need to replace all your ship elements. JC has god-like orator skills telling everyone that looking at a circle getting bigger and then smaller for hours is "easy".

Been thinking on this. It almost seems the best way (under the CURRENT gameplay structure that is) to make people trade, it was mentioned elsewhere at one time I believe, but make sanctuary moon the only place all ores are available to mine. Even the solo players will have to resort to markets when their plot runs dry. This of course won't stop large orgs, but will help give a REASON to trade. Planets that have only certain set of ores will become home to parts made with those ores. Want it? Someone can truck it or the part for you, or you have to get it yourself.

That should also increase space traffic, give you something else to shoot at and miss. ?

0.23 ended the game for me, I logged on the day after the patch to check things out, haven't played since, I was playing for several hours most days. I am only checking the forums every now and then in the hope they will remove the schematics, which I doubt will happen. It killed the solo player experience pretty much and introduced too many restrictions on free game play. Now it's main goal is just to make in game currency and there's too much focus on the economy aspect of the game.

I was having fun with the creative side like building ships but now it would take me weeks or months to get enough currency or materials to construct any buildings on my hex let alone to experiment with ship designs. This move just handed the game to larger Org's. The ones that have multiple territories are set for the rest of the games life, anyone wanting to craft or buy their own territory unit, especially new players, is in for a rough, boring, grindfest or will have to settle for being a tiny cog in a big wheel and play the game *for* the Org's not *with*.

47 minutes ago, Majestic said:

0.23 ended the game for me

It is like you are reading my mind. Until something changes drastically, I have now resigned myself to a daily round on the forum and a short login just to collecting the daily quanta. And the way it is now there is a snowballs chance in hell that I would become a subscriber once the beta/DAC's run out.