Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)

Yamamoto

Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Continue playing or quit the game

• I will continue playing, I feel the update is cool
    • I don't wanna play after the new patch
    • I will stop playing for other reasons

2 hours ago, OrionSteed said:

Honest question though - do you think that play style would have kept you interested in playing for years?

That's hardly fair. Industry was one of the few enjoyable aspects of this game. So it made sense for players to concentrate on that while waiting for the game to get a more complete loop and content. This is also why the player backlash to 0.23 has been so massive when NQ in their infinite wisdom decided to nuke industry from orbit, before they had added any alternative and enjoyable activities to the game.

A monthly subscription for DU before 0.23 was already a hard sell, and after it is more or less impossible to justify.

4 hours ago, OrionSteed said:

Honest question though - do you think that play style would have kept you interested in playing for years?

Probably, we're trying to set up a transport company and were "just" about to start taking orders.  But it does require a LOT of industry,  I am just not certain if we can pull it off anymore with all the new changes and being a smaller org.  I am uncertain if there is a place in this game for small businesses like ours since it will be next to impossible to compete with the giant orgs now.  And the last thing I need is another "job" by running a large org.  It seems that being a small org is just not good enough for what the developers of this game want.  Idk.  We'll just have to wait and see ?‍♀️

Most large orgs have no more people on any one aspect than a small org does, i am getting more industry gameplay post patch than before since we totally rethought how we setup indys. Before It killed any prospect of trade as we could setup a factory to produce anything on the outer planets faster than you could transport it.

3 hours ago, Deintus said:

ED has been my return to game for 4 years now, I rotate my gaming so to speak, but if its good, I always return.

Empyrion, 7D2D were my goto game for when I got bored of something else.  We would wait for a big patch on one of those two games and play again for a month or two. 

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Most large orgs have no more people on any one aspect than a small org does, i am getting more industry gameplay post patch than before since we totally rethought how we setup indys. Before It killed any prospect of trade as we could setup a factory to produce anything on the outer planets faster than you could transport it.

So by that we can say that there will be a short window before bigger orgs set up said industries on outer planets and trade once again stops. No?

I also just disagree with your opening premise. 

how many ship builders does (did?) Infinity Corporation have building ships at any one time. How many does your org have?

I’d wager off the top of my head Infinity does not have “no more people” building ships compared to your org. 

It's a drastic change.. but I still see and believe in the vision of NQ. As time progresses, these monopolistic corporations will develop fun and exciting styles of gameplay for old and especially new player's they'll be trying to recruit... I still think the thing this game needs is automated mining/extraction systems, that way, we there'll be some way to keep an excess of material flowing for players to blow-up in much more fun gameplay

On 12/9/2020 at 11:52 PM, Yamamoto said:

I am interested to see how many people are considering to stop playing because of the new release and how many are excited about the update. Let's see what is the general stance on the new changes 

Ive already cancelled my subscription, it is all in the hands of Novaquark, if they want to make this game fun, or pathetic like they just made it.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:43 AM, Fra119 said:

The problem is that this might happen again, am I willing to spent another 3 months just to see my effort lose value overnight?

Whats really funny about this is that NQ has lost the trust of its player base, I dont know if that can ever again be regained. 
The schematics are just one problem, they say that Tier one schematics should not be that expensive, well, if you want to build a factory to make just containers, that is a simple thing and requires NO TIER TWO ORE OR PURES but yet the large container schematic is 42 Million, WTF is that, what a lie, I did not make 42 million since the beginning of beta,  though I did make some really nice ships. However that is now ALL GONE, 3 crashes against some a-holes platform that just happens to be in route to the marketplace or 3 clips of your wing on the damn light poles on the edge of the platforms and you have to completely remake the ship, oh and that is ONLY if the core did not get destroyed as if it did you have to completely rebuild the ship. Oh yeah and wait, since you cant save the core and it will say you are not the owner all the parts whether destroyed or not are equally screwed. So yeah, you have completely lost my trust and my subscription to your game!!!  Why dont you just call the game Miner Town

Edited by Spinnerm101
additions and spelling errors

To bring in no repair core units , when the game is buggy and causes ship crashes is a bad move that punishes the playerbase for game bugs

I have also unsubscribed, after the 27th Dec the true number of how many have left will be known 

the patch has broken the game and the playerbase belief that NQ know what they are doing with the game 

1.schematics are over inflated and have made for many production out of reach 

2.the market  is paralysed 

3.There is now very limited content, ship building , factories and PvP have all been effected by this patch

Many ships are grounded through fear of crashing and not being able to afford repair , the only content left is too mine and grind to pay for the over priced schematics 

The game is dying on the vine , NQ must be aware of the playerbase reaction but their silence is deafening 

The game is not as advertised, hopefully in time it may change and be the game most of us want, however I see no reason to pay and wait for a game that clearly is not ready for beta to have its basic game mechanics put in place 

7 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

So by that we can say that there will be a short window before bigger orgs set up said industries on outer planets and trade once again stops. No?

I also just disagree with your opening premise. 

how many ship builders does (did?) Infinity Corporation have building ships at any one time. How many does your org have?

I’d wager off the top of my head Infinity does not have “no more people” building ships compared to your org. 

Outer planets will not be safe territory warfare is coming and with industry being a larger investment even larger orgs will be unlikely to risk much industry when it could be captured.

Ship building is not a good comparison, i have no idea how many in my org designing ships its a creative activity and does not lend itself to collaboration.

11 hours ago, WylieFox said:

It's a drastic change.. but I still see and believe in the vision of NQ.

Yes it is a drastic change, and as incomplete as this game is there is a lot more change needed.  However, I have lost all faith in the vision of NQ.  I see a lot of parallels here with Curt Schilling and 38 Studios.  A lot of passion and vision, but the head guy lacked the expertise to oversee successful game production.   I would argue that Dual Universe has already seen more success than  38 Studios, but the fact that they call this a Beta with so many core elements of game play simply missing and not even on the radar, the trajectory to me feels similar.  I do hope I am wrong.  There is so much unrealized potential to this game.  My subscription expires on Dec. 27.  I may return in a year or two if they ever do hit a true beta state. 

In my opinion  its not just about the economy.   For me the game is just not fun anymore and there is no reason to play.  It is too expensive to build, mining is not worth the time except for the diehard folks and the risk of flying ships is too huge.   With such a small amount of money coming in the risk vs reward is way off.  

Failed experience. Let's move on.

At this point NQ should scrap everything, close the beta. Persisting will hurt more the game.

Go back to a closed alpha without NDA. Because that NDA is what misled this game: small echo chamber with a few people without fresh ideas and fresh opinions from the outside world.

Do like Starbase: don't invite people to a closed alpha simply because they give you money. Invite people who are constructive and actually test and brake stuff. 

20 minutes ago, Kirth Gersen said:

Failed experience. Let's move on.

At this point NQ should scrap everything, close the beta. Persisting will hurt more the game.

Go back to a closed alpha without NDA. Because that NDA is what misled this game: small echo chamber with a few people without fresh ideas and fresh opinions from the outside world.

Do like Starbase: don't invite people to a closed alpha simply because they give you money. Invite people who are constructive and actually test and brake stuff. 

Unfortunately...after so many years and so much effort, I tend to agree. 

I don't believe they will ever be able to deliver on the concepts pitched in their trailers.

I do not believe NQ is going to grow (or even own up to its mistakes) so long as it maintains its current leadership.

I know some people think that there's huge potential in DU and that things will be great once NQ fixes everything...but you have to look at the last six years of development and ask yourself when this magical future will arrive.

Look at the last few months of dev since they launched the paid game...you really think given another couple years they'll have everything fixed up...? 

The sad thing is that people are really passionate about this game even with all its failures. The player base is loyal to a fault, and NQ has ignored their own customers to follow JC's ready player one fantasies.

They see criticism and imagine a bunch of haters, but people are taking the time to explain what's wrong and NQ is just rolling their eyes and doing whatever their leadership wants...the only point of beta to them was to collect money, because they sure don't care about collecting feedback. 

30 minutes ago, michaelk said:

They see criticism and imagine a bunch of haters, but people are taking the time to explain what's wrong and NQ is just rolling their eyes and doing whatever their leadership wants...the only point of beta to them was to collect money, because they sure don't care about collecting feedback.

This is exactly it  we want the game to be better!   We want this game to be so big that it overtakes even WOW.   Our suggestions should be taken into consideration.  There again you cant listen to the public 100% ether I have seen games fail like this also.   A balance is needed.  

Constructive criticism:  In this game some of the things that annoy me are

• concrete weighs less than titanium ??????
  • concrete is about the same weight as carbon fiber?
  • L atmo engines are really 16 tons ? 
  • Ships seem to be made from Glass as they break soo easy 
  • cost of the schematics is way off
  • There are NO armor plantings we can make or that at least block some damage without just getting deleted ? 
  • Could not fire back at XS core fighters (fixed) 
  • Docking mechanics are broken ( maybe add a docking clamp to landing gears )
  • Landing on a parked core will blow your ship to bits 
  • Do we really have to plaster our ships with elements all over ?    can they not be just modules that can be hidden away ?

I got into DU because I was tired of Eve and wanted something new and different, now it seems NQ is just copying EVE without looking at the pitfalls. Learn from EVE's mistakes (They have been trying hard to undo historical mistakes they have made after a lot of people have left the game)

Schematics is not so bad as I get the fact that super factories is an issue however saying that the current way it was implemented is completely killing the game.

They should have just given one schematic of each up to tier 3 for everyone to do basic building and still produce some elements to sell on the market to buy more schematics and steadily build up small factories.

This would still have killed the super factories. Now only Orgs with deep pockets will be making money leaving simple folk out of the game. Basically the rich will get richer.

There are so many other basic issues that needs to be fixed and new player are not just leaving because of content but performance issues.

Anyway my 2 cent's will join back in a couple of months hoping things have changed for the better

On 12/12/2020 at 1:35 AM, Dhara said:

I really liked industry.  It was challenging to see how many machines I could get going at once, how far ahead of my queue I could get and so on.  I would tweak on it for hours.  That fun is now gone and I am to be nerfed down to a refiner and honeycomb maker. So everyone in my org will now have to ask me to make all their honeycomb for them.   This is not fun game play.  Not ALL of us are here ONLY for the giant PVP battles that JC clearly wants to force us into.  He does not seem to want a universe full of diversity of game-play (like in most sandboxes) in any way shape or form.  We are ALL to join the three of four giant orgs in the game and become cogs in their machines.  I wanted a sandbox where I could help build a civilization, not be a slave for giant orgs that may or may not even want to get to know me as a person at all. 

I am still hanging on, but ONLY for the sake of the players in my org.  I only have a few left and I love them to death, but I suspect that the ones who don't just outright quit will be forced to join larger orgs if they too want to engage in any PVP at all.  I doubt we will be able to build the modest sized transport company I have dreamed of anymore.  I dont have time IRL to do all that mining.  So, we'll see what happens, but I can tell you this.  I am REALLY going to miss playing with my factories.

I must agree 100%

For me, the very idea of industrial drawings is a failure. Large corporations will allow themselves to spend millyard on, say, an XL warp, but they will never sell this warp-solo players will not be able to buy it, large corporations will build it for themselves. and no price monitoring will correct this situation. Either they will provide the opportunity to get free drawings in any quests with a small percentage of dropout or they will stupidly introduce donat for the purchase of in-game volutes. It is not easier to introduce a very very rare element into the component of high-tech modules. This will also give high prices on the market and encourage everyone to explore, and even a solo player with a lot of luck will be able to enrich himself by billions. But he solo groceries to saliceti agreement on support I found cargo for protection from pirates and opyatzhe encourage many with Regards to repair, I agree he should not be infinite but limited too - there is likely a need to increase the strength depending on the materials i.e., titanium to break harder than copper /fell the Titan can't be fixed, copper to 0/ so and Chini Titan is infinite if it is not 0, and the change in the copper is new, it is cheap.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:14 AM, B4nCh4n said:

We now need money to produce  anything.... but we need to mass produce to have money ...  and there is no other way to make money. Oh yes ... I  could wait 30 days, connecting everydayt, to have 3M... and be able to produce.... mass basic connectors !!!!  Awsome ... 

you get free quanta? How? I dont get any even sent in a ticket on day one and still dont get anything and the option to resent the quanta is apparently a no go, so since day 1, No quanta. And with the way DU is build I am just Fracked with a capital F.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, Aaron Cain said:

you get free quanta? How? I dont get any even sent in a ticket on day one and still dont get anything and the option to resent the quanta is apparently a no go, so since day 1, No quanta. And with the way DU is build I am just Fracked with a capital F.

I think they are referring to the $150K you get daily.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, Kirth Gersen said:

Go back to a closed alpha without NDA.

This may not be a horrible idea, though a bit extreme there are benefits though I would be absolutely shocked if they made this sort of pivot. 

If it ever happened, I do think dev time should only be spent on elements that actually make this game fun and introduce rich play cycles. Too many things aren't fun, slow boating for hours to planets, for me it's a 45min round trip on Alioth to get to markets and back, excel-mancing to find products I can sell for a profit, worrying about flying especially with a load and blowing my whole ship up again! I like a challenge but risk reward makes playing unenjoyable atm. 

Hate to say it really but all I see at least in this page of this thread is people who don't want to have to overcome challenges in game, who want their private SP experience forced on everyone in the name of 'balance & fairness".

Frankly if NQ alters its plans to cater to all this complaining about "oh its to hard for me to do xyz" we will not only end up with more roll backs of needed game features , but whats left will be some cookie cutter boring ass "MMO" where there is no TW, no risk, no adventure. 

Seriously,  just go play play minecraft with a space mod, or SE if all you want is some sandbox where the only effort to achieve something is in reaching for the on button to your computer. I mean really , its fever pitch ADHD instant gratification around here.

NQ try people to "make trade" while trade is something that evolves naturally. NQ try to fight alt+f4 by introducing things that require you to alt+f4 10 times in a row. NQ tries to make industry work by making element destructible and a "-1 retries remaining" message meaning you now need to replace all your ship elements. JC has god-like orator skills telling everyone that looking at a circle getting bigger and then smaller for hours is "easy".

NQ vision: If a player has 10 mil, he will purchase schematic for 10 mil and trade the parts with others so there is "trade".

0.23 hits:

Average Joe reality: I have 10 mil, I will purchase end-schematic for 5 mil and all the parts for it for 5 mil and sell the end product instead of wasting time moving screws and pipes back and forth.

Big orgs: Yea, we got X anti grav Ms and Y warp beacons. Let's not invest in those schems for now we have enough and they are useless anyway. That warp drive L thingy ? Yea get 10 assemblers back running 24/7. Same for this and that and that.

PVP folks: That damn dead thing keeps jumping away now, how do I stop it ?

Voxelmancers: WTF, they can now make blueprints from all what we sold.

NQ: "We hear you, more news next week". (panic mode on)

Many people at 27th Dec: Your subscription should be renewed...