Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)

Yamamoto

Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Continue playing or quit the game

• I will continue playing, I feel the update is cool
    • I don't wanna play after the new patch
    • I will stop playing for other reasons

30 minutes ago, Darkracer125 said:

people like YOU are why they have to implement this update.   

self sufficient.  bah. 

maybe if you didn't try to play an mmo in single player mode.  then you wouldn't have a single thing to complain about.   

for me nothing really changed other then market prices.  wich are already starting to restabalize.   

Please do NOT tell people how to play the game.

I've more or less the same strategy: solo play, absolutely prefer to be independent, spending most of my time (did at least pre-patch)  building up my base where aesthetics is a priority, crafting some space ships, and visiting other territories to view their creations.

Playing an MMO does not mean that you're required to group with others.

Everyone is free to play how he prefers to - we are talking about leisure time.

If you like playing solo - just do it, it doesn't hinder others in any way playing in a party mode if they want to.

Just now, Cytoxx said:

I've more or less the same strategy: solo play, absolutely prefer to be independent, spending most of my time (did at least pre-patch)  building up my base where aesthetics is a priority, crafting some space ships, and visiting other territories to view their creations.

If you like playing solo - just do it, it doesn't hinder others in any way playing in a party mode if they want to.

if solo play. (as in not buying things from others by being completely self sufficient.  and just being out there doing your own thing without player interaction) is your kind of gameplay.  then guess what.  dual universe is not the game for you. 

this is a community game.   not a single player game.  

this was clear from the beginning.  (so if your friends have been telling you otherwise then they were lying) 

there are plenty of solo focussed space games.  but dual universe requires interaction with other people.  

and mind you.  solo is still verry much a thing in dual universe.  i mostly play solo.  but i don't try to craft anything.  i make my money providing services to people.  or selling ore.   or buying things cheap and selling them expensive. and then i buy my ship parts using quanta.   

this is dual universe.  not satisfactory.   industry is not a single person thing here and it was never ment to be.  but people did it anyway.  and bam here we are with the current update and a bunch of butthurt people.  

but that's the diffrence you people are not getting here.  

SOLO player.  is verry much encouraged.  and verry possible. 

SINGLE player. is not intended and you should go look for a diffrent game instead of trying to change this one. 

49 minutes ago, SneakySnake said:

Current prices for schemes are crazy ))

I am waiting and hoping for NQ to lower the prices of the schemes 5-10 times. I doubt that with such high prices, the economy will work ?

Perhaps it makes sense to wait for the patch with the balance of prices for schemes. I don't see the point of playing yet, I can't buy L cores, weapons, radars for normal price, i have to live in the game to earn that kind of money, i have to keep mining 3-4 hours every day for buy this, I'll be back in the game in a few months :)

sorry not happening.  if you ask me they should double them. just to mess with you guys.  

single people are not supposed to be able to buy schematics and craft items.   

if you want ship parts then buy them off the market.  or join an org that can make them.  

industry shouldn't even be looked at untill you have established yourself in the game.   

if you want to do industry solo then accept the fact that it will take much much longer then a group of people pooling their resources.  

55 minutes ago, Darkracer125 said:

people like YOU are why they have to implement this update.   

self sufficient.  bah. 

maybe if you didn't try to play an mmo in single player mode.  then you wouldn't have a single thing to complain about.   

for me nothing really changed other then market prices.  wich are already starting to restabalize.   

And people like YOU are why this game is going to die. Don't tell other people how the game should be played or what to do in their free time.

Removing gameplay options is almost never a good idea, especially when there's already so little to do in the first place. Have fun building your digital civilization with 12 people.

The great thing about free markets and capitalism is nobody is required to pay for products they don't like. You and JC may not like the way people are playing the game but guess what, we're the ones paying NQ's bills. It doesn't matter why people left or if they were playing the "wrong" way. NQ is now missing that revenue stream and the game is missing the content those players could have produced.

11 minutes ago, Darkracer125 said:

sorry not happening.  if you ask me they should double them. just to mess with you guys.  

single people are not supposed to be able to buy schematics and craft items.   

if you want ship parts then buy them off the market.  or join an org that can make them.  

industry shouldn't even be looked at untill you have established yourself in the game.   

if you want to do industry solo then accept the fact that it will take much much longer then a group of people pooling their resources.  

Trolls like you need to be nailed to your bridge, doused in gas and torched for the amusement of all.

However I pre-empted your advice and have un-installed the client and have absolutely no interest in returning to a community with a cockwomble like you in it.

They will propably have to reduce schematic prices greatly or watch their subs disappear. They will be forced to sooner or later. The longer they take the higher the chances people are gonna get fed up and start searching for other games. And they call this a beta test. Please. This is pre alpha paid with a sub and a 3 month one at that haha. Half of the freaking game is missing. Back to waiting for ashes of creation i guess.

66% of forum users want to quit xd. Percentage will be higher out there from people that do not bother reading forums. GG.

Definition of game beta test:

Beta testing usually depends on volunteers rather than on paid play testers. By the beta-testing stage, all major bugs should have been worked out in earlier, in-house testing. By the time the beta-testing stage is reached, it is usually too late to make any major changes to the game mechanics, level designs and so on, so any fixes usually take the form of a patch.

This definition was written in the context of Gaming

I am very sad to see this update. If I wanted to simulate the complications of real life in a game it would not be a game anymore. This is what i feel du has become now in relation to producing things. The fun factor of getting things done (it was already quite more difficult than space engineers) is definitely eliminated.

further today i landed my ship with 25km and had to repair all my adjusters.

I think this game is doomed and probably will not finish my 6 months subscription that ends in april cause i just do not have any fun anymore.

It was such a promising project. But now elite dangerous is coming back with space feet and i will hit it as soon as it is available. good bye dual universe.

3 hours ago, Cytoxx said:

I'm agree with you .... there will always be people to say to others what they have to do in their life . Pray for their lonelyness.

This poll is rife of self selective bias. Until the devs release internal stats on unique logins by day we won't know how many truly "quit" and how many are voting "I'm gone!" as a means to pressuring NQ into reverting to the Easy Mode. 

My guess is that it's a small minority of no more than 5% want to actually quit. The rest are just using it as leverage to force a reversion to 0.22 because they don't want a complex sandbox.

3 minutes ago, Ahzzmandius said:

My guess is that it's a small minority of no more than 5% want to actually quit. The rest are just using it as leverage to force a reversion to 0.22 because they don't want a complex sandbox.

Oh man - you're on to us.

What do we want if it's not this 'complex sandbox'?

Also where did you get your tinfoil hat? It looks absolutely dashing on you...

Can you imagine being a new player? Every hex that isn't a 25km flight to the nearest market is claimed or mined out.  Testing the cargo limits of whatever ship you've managed to scrape together you hit the lagfest aka markets and crash your ship.  Your little xs core is destroyed and you need to buy a new core.  Just as you are feeling lucky that the market you've crashed at actually has one in stock, the price of the thing comes into your field of vision.  You stare blankly at the screen for 30 seconds before hitting the escape key and punching the exit to desktop.  The only bright spot is that they've probably quit the game before seeing the price of a schematic.

20 minutes ago, Ahzzmandius said:

This poll is rife of self selective bias. Until the devs release internal stats on unique logins by day we won't know how many truly "quit" and how many are voting "I'm gone!" as a means to pressuring NQ into reverting to the Easy Mode. 

Nope, don't want a reversion of 0.22. I want content.  You don't seem to understand that there is a dearth of content in the game and the patch torpedoed a big chunk of that.  So, I've logged in I tool around with the account for a bit then I log off.  Player counts right now won't tell the story.  I started at the beginning of Beta.  My sub runs out on the 27th.  I've clicked off the auto sub. So, I'd expect the end of December is when we'll see the real story.

6 minutes ago, Ahzzmandius said:

Can you please explain to me where is the complexity of the game?

Are different varieties of resources in each planet that add complexity and decision making skills necesary?

Are diffferent conditions in each planet that makes choosing where you set up different industries and supply lines a complex decision?

Are players allowed to craft custom engines or parts with different materials and technology that they only discovered that have different specs?

Do you consider 5-10 minutes to set up engine production complex?

Is waiting for a circle to get bigger then clicking after 3s-5-9- whatever for hours complex?

Is the flight model complex?

Is choosing between the different warp drives types and AGGS a complex decision?

Is deciding what type of fuel you use complex?

Voxelmancy is complex and what people create with the tools available  is. LUA might be complex. The rest isn't.

If you find complex waiting 2 hours in front of a growing circle complex I have bad news for you.I dont wan't to feel punished to progress in a game.I don't mind some grinding either as long as the grind process shows some respect for the player.You might think I am playing this game to be multiemployed I am not. I play for fun not for complexity either. 

The level of grind introduced in last update is more adequate for F2P games where you allow customers to buy parts/schematics for real money.

I really liked industry.  It was challenging to see how many machines I could get going at once, how far ahead of my queue I could get and so on.  I would tweak on it for hours.  That fun is now gone and I am to be nerfed down to a refiner and honeycomb maker. So everyone in my org will now have to ask me to make all their honeycomb for them.   This is not fun game play.  Not ALL of us are here ONLY for the giant PVP battles that JC clearly wants to force us into.  He does not seem to want a universe full of diversity of game-play (like in most sandboxes) in any way shape or form.  We are ALL to join the three of four giant orgs in the game and become cogs in their machines.  I wanted a sandbox where I could help build a civilization, not be a slave for giant orgs that may or may not even want to get to know me as a person at all. 

I am still hanging on, but ONLY for the sake of the players in my org.  I only have a few left and I love them to death, but I suspect that the ones who don't just outright quit will be forced to join larger orgs if they too want to engage in any PVP at all.  I doubt we will be able to build the modest sized transport company I have dreamed of anymore.  I dont have time IRL to do all that mining.  So, we'll see what happens, but I can tell you this.  I am REALLY going to miss playing with my factories.

16 hours ago, Ahzzmandius said:

Your post is also absolutely dripping with bias, in case you missed it..

On 12/11/2020 at 9:48 PM, Darkracer125 said:

polls are useless.    (especially this one.  what's with the choices?)  

how about a "yes"/"no"/"maybe".  

instead of a "hell yes"/"hell no"/ "no"    

they will only show what the majority of people that voted want.  

but that's always skewed.  

because it's one of the sides that makes the poll.  and spreads it around.  

the people that don't agree with the poll are playing the game.  they are not in discord complaining like little kids.  

so they won't see a poll and they won't vote.

To be honest the idea was not to make some in-depth analysis, rather to see the general feelings of a part of the player base. I think most of us are aware by now that the devs don't really take this kind of post seriously so it doesn't really matter anyway. 

1 hour ago, Yamamoto said:

To be honest the idea was not to make some in-depth analysis, rather to see the general feelings of a part of the player base. I think most of us are aware by now that the devs don't really take this kind of post seriously so it doesn't really matter anyway. 

Sure, but "Yes, but I do have concerns about the patch" is a very valid option here..

On 12/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, Dhara said:

I really liked industry.  It was challenging to see how many machines I could get going at once, how far ahead of my queue I could get and so on.  I would tweak on it for hours.  That fun is now gone and I am to be nerfed down to a refiner and honeycomb maker. So everyone in my org will now have to ask me to make all their honeycomb for them.   This is not fun game play.  Not ALL of us are here ONLY for the giant PVP battles that JC clearly wants to force us into.  He does not seem to want a universe full of diversity of game-play (like in most sandboxes) in any way shape or form.  We are ALL to join the three of four giant orgs in the game and become cogs in their machines.  I wanted a sandbox where I could help build a civilization, not be a slave for giant orgs that may or may not even want to get to know me as a person at all. 

I am still hanging on, but ONLY for the sake of the players in my org.  I only have a few left and I love them to death, but I suspect that the ones who don't just outright quit will be forced to join larger orgs if they too want to engage in any PVP at all.  I doubt we will be able to build the modest sized transport company I have dreamed of anymore.  I dont have time IRL to do all that mining.  So, we'll see what happens, but I can tell you this.  I am REALLY going to miss playing with my factories.

Honest question though - do you think that play style would have kept you interested in playing for years?

9 minutes ago, OrionSteed said:

Honest question though - do you think that play style would have kept you interested in playing for years?

One would hope that industrial features and complexities would increase over the years with more complex production lines, power systems and hopefully fluids and so on.

But hey - I think DU's industry is fundamentally flawed with the magical links in place of physical connections.

There are so many missed opportunities with DU industry it's not even funny.

30 minutes ago, OrionSteed said:

There is virtually nothing they could add to this game to make me want to play this for years.  Nothing.  It is simply not possible.  No game can do that.  At best they can squeeze a year or so of game play out.  At some point i'm sick of space/sci-fi and will go on to something else.  Holy cow what game have you guys been playing?!?

3 minutes ago, Revelcro said:

There is virtually nothing they could add to this game to make me want to play this for years.  Nothing.  It is simply not possible.  No game can do that.  At best they can squeeze a year or so of game play out.  At some point i'm sick of space/sci-fi and will go on to something else.  Holy cow what game have you guys been playing?!?

I've been playing Elite Dangerous off and on for 4 years.  Like you alluded to, I will get sick of the monotony and play something else for awhile.

18 minutes ago, Revelcro said:

I played EVE from release till 2007 - and only quit because I had moved in with my then GF and now wife and I don't think she would have appreciated me being called on my cellphone at 3am to log my capital into a fleet op...

Had I retained my single neckbeard lifestyle I'd probably still be playing EVE....

1 hour ago, Revelcro said:

ED has been my return to game for 4 years now, I rotate my gaming so to speak, but if its good, I always return.