Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)

Yamamoto

Continue playing or quit the game (after 0.23)  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Continue playing or quit the game

• I will continue playing, I feel the update is cool
    • I don't wanna play after the new patch
    • I will stop playing for other reasons

the whole economy of the game is built on the knee. devs need to invite consultants with the skills of economists. so that they analyze the material base and offer a working model.

however, I personally see that money is not an option.
money is the equivalent of the labor produced.
what kind of labor in knocking out someone else's? / interception of ships, looting /

It seems to me that it is necessary to introduce an alternative to money - to work out a system of deep barter. here something can shoot.

and money ... money is not even pixels. in any cataclysm, money will become dust.

This is just some kind of madness. I really can't believe this is really happening. There is no PvE in the game, there is no way to earn a quantum other than mining, damn it. Mining, mining, mining. I hate mining. I just want to build factories and make stuff for myself. Not for sale, for my own use. As I said, I hate mining, but I'm ready to do it for myself needs. But in order to make money, to buy recipes? LOL never. I am leaving the game until this patch is removed from the server. The game is not playable for me now.

30 minutes ago, FURILKA said:

This is just some kind of madness. I really can't believe this is really happening. There is no PvE in the game, there is no way to earn a quantum other than mining, damn it. Mining, mining, mining. I hate mining. I just want to build factories and make stuff for myself. Not for sale, for my own use. As I said, I hate mining, but I'm ready to do it for myself needs. But in order to make money, to buy recipes? LOL never. I am leaving the game until this patch is removed from the server. The game is not playable for me now.

Even though I will keep playing, I kind of agree with you, the only way to make money now is to mine, if you are not a professional Builder or maybe scripter, there is no other way to make money

4 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

The questions are not applicable to me and I think many others..

I'm not quite ready to give up on the game but feel this update is not complete and will cause more pain that it needs to.

I would say the same, but my current standing is that I feel very lost with the changes and sadly, F1 doesn't help me as advertised on the Loading Screen. I like the idea of Schematics, but the price cost and gating behind talents is a bit too much to stomach at this point on top of the 'ghost' node fix. Which given I've seen a whole meganode turned into dirt, I do not believe it was just limited to Ghost ore. Waiting for JC's Live chat tonight to see if anything will change. 

I think many will feel lost and part of the reason is that he implementation of complex features like this really needs a better UI/UX. It will probably not be long before the wizards in the community find and figure out the data files and create updated versions of the tools already available to make it easier to understand what you need to build industry which makes Y.

For me one of the biggest issues with the game is the very simplistic and often cluttered User interface and lack of information available through it. I realize those two sound like the contradict each other but they really do not. The current UI is really not suitable for what the game tries to tell you and I really have the feeling there is no actual UI/UX designer involved here and its the "coder" devs who create the UI.

Players like me, who do industry, (moon)mining and PI in EVE as well as exploration see a lot of "inspiration" from those mechanics but they are only half done. and The way the game presents you the information is a big part of that.

3 hours ago, B4nCh4n said:

We now need money to produce  anything.... but we need to mass produce to have money ...  and there is no other way to make money.

For the economy as a whole it is even worse. There is no other way to generate money than mining and selling ores (or products made of mined ores) to bots. Trades between players just moves money around but it doesn't generate money. With the new money sink we are forced to mine even more limited recources and remove them from the game (or to leave the game at all).

4 hours ago, Yamamoto said:

I am interested to see how many people are considering to stop playing because of the new release and how many are excited about the update. Let's see what is the general stance on the new changes 

You should put "POLL" in the Thread Title, if you want people to actually take part in the poll.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

The questions are not applicable to me and I think many others..

I'm not quite ready to give up on the game but feel this update is not complete and will cause more pain that it needs to.

Same here, a very loaded survey.  Not many people can make a decent survey.

Subscription runs out in Jan.  I was ify before this patch.  I realise more patches like this will be necessary.   The patch itself wont make me quit but the chaotic decision making from NQ might.

In eve I didn't produce anything, everything was bought from the markets. I understand what the devs are aspiring for, it was better done now rather than 6 months later when players are even more used. For new players the current way will be the norm.

There will just be this weird adjustment period when the markers aren't mature yet, availability poor, not a lot of demand for ores, money making methods limited etc. If you don't have a money making method you enjoy, don't force the unwanted gameplay on yourself, wait for other methods to be implemented.

3 hours ago, FURILKA said:

I described it as being 'paralysed'. It sucks that I can't play a game the way I want to play it and actually spend the limited game time I have having fun especially as there are many other games that I could spend time playing and enjoy.

Good morning all,

I am writing this post to react to this new patch after reading several comments ....

I agree with what NQ wanted to do, but in my opinion they were completely wrong on the method ....

The prices of the plans are completely insane.

The only way to make money today is mining and / or industry. To make industry, you need money .... to refine ore (not basic), you need industry, therefore money.

The only choice players like me have is to mine Common Ore over and over again. You have to take into account that if the only way to make money is to sell common ore, the price war will be serious ... and therefore in the end, 10 hours of mining will bring in $ 3 ... .and therefore it will take 6 months to be able to buy the necessary plan to produce our first engine for example.
Without forgetting that to mine "correct" quantities you need a ship with a container ... and therefore money since it can no longer be manufactured.
The only ones who will get by are those who have made lots of money and therefore will be able to continue to produce and take control of the market.

For this new patch to be viable, they would have had to integrate another way of making money, like PVE or other.

Already for players who can play the beta version for free it's complicated, but I don't see someone paying 10 € / month to just mine over and over again for 6 months to finally find some semblance of FUN.

This is why I voted that I stop the game, even if I will stay a little to see how the game evolves in the coming days.

Good game everyone!

PS: sorry for my english, but i speak very very bad english

5 hours ago, Nilgun said:

i started around a month ago , i just claim a piece of territory in sanctuary and start building from nothing , i enjoyed the game , it was complex but still fun . Now eveything must be redone x10 , i do not possess enough time to do that .I guess only big orgs will be able to make something out of that mess (may be) .

I'm also new, the least they could of done is offer 1 free t1 schematic per industry machine type, and if you want additional machines, then you need to buy additional schematics. not cut out pretty much anyway to make any money for ballooned prices of trying to survive as a new person. now I sit and stare at machines I cant use, and surf internet seeking another game that has its ideals intact to play and not worry about having your money taken for a game you started playing for them to, rip the rug out from under you, take it from semi fun to a friggin joke. I see people say its beta its beta, yeah well I paid for the beta I was playing, I don't recognize this game anymore. had it been like this I wouldn't have paid a dime and saved myself the headache.

10 hours ago, Mayumi said:

In eve I didn't produce anything, everything was bought from the markets. I understand what the devs are aspiring for, it was better done now rather than 6 months later when players are even more used. For new players the current way will be the norm.

There will just be this weird adjustment period when the markers aren't mature yet, availability poor, not a lot of demand for ores, money making methods limited etc. If you don't have a money making method you enjoy, don't force the unwanted gameplay on yourself, wait for other methods to be implemented.

I understand what you are getting at as well as what the devs have mapped (publicly) and what they are shooting for. But my issue is am I expected to keep paying a sub and wait, hope, pray, for the changes to take place and until that time just pay to mine very limited and dwindling resources while making little to no money just for a craft to get offworld?

I still believe other income for money should have been established before something that costs this much to the player. I still think improved PVP that could open up job opportunities should be in place so we players can pay each other directly for jobs.

AND... I still believe the game has future potential, I just don't see a point in wasting RL money now waiting...

I have already unsubbed.

This game has removed all avenues I felt I could use to have fun.

I was a self-sufficient solo player living on an outer planet with no interaction with player markets.

I have been told that my view on how to play the 'sandbox' game is wrong.

This 'game' is now very boring. The grind required to access content is totally inverted. Instead of one or two days mining to support a week of building ships, building my dream sandbox base with furniture and features and things I crafted myself with a sense of fun and accomplishment I will need to do a weeks mining to build a single component and pray that there's space in a closed market, in company mining script, where I can by unalterable products to fund one day of other content.

Some people may find the new grind fun - I don't. I have unsubbed, not hyperbole, and will not be recommending this game to anyone as a new player for two reasons:

- The new mechanics, meta and the vision for the game are unfriendly to new players. This isn't a steep learning curve... it's the shallowest learning curve I've ever seen. Days or weeks of grind to even get into space? Months of play to reach M or L cores? That's diluted the content to make it stretch.

A MOBILE GAME DOES NOT HAVE THIS LITTLE CONTENT FOR SO MUCH GRIND. It's the shallowest learning curve in a game I know.

- NQ's delivery of game-changing patches has been chaotic, poorly explained and their AMAs have addressed zero issues relating to major bugs including piloting bugs, script errors and basic questions about where the fun is to be found for many players. They have exhausted their credit with me.

polls are useless.    (especially this one.  what's with the choices?)  

how about a "yes"/"no"/"maybe".  

instead of a "hell yes"/"hell no"/ "no"    

they will only show what the majority of people that voted want.  

but that's always skewed.  

because it's one of the sides that makes the poll.  and spreads it around.  

the people that don't agree with the poll are playing the game.  they are not in discord complaining like little kids.  

so they won't see a poll and they won't vote.

27 minutes ago, StrawberryPocky said:

This game has removed all avenues I felt I could use to have fun.

I was a self-sufficient solo player living on an outer planet with no interaction with player markets.

I have been told that my view on how to play the 'sandbox' game is wrong.

people like YOU are why they have to implement this update.   

self sufficient.  bah. 

maybe if you didn't try to play an mmo in single player mode.  then you wouldn't have a single thing to complain about.   

for me nothing really changed other then market prices.  wich are already starting to restabalize.   

Current prices for schemes are crazy ))

I am waiting and hoping for NQ to lower the prices of the schemes 5-10 times. I doubt that with such high prices, the economy will work ?

Perhaps it makes sense to wait for the patch with the balance of prices for schemes. I don't see the point of playing yet, I can't buy L cores, weapons, radars for normal price, i have to live in the game to earn that kind of money, i have to keep mining 3-4 hours every day for buy this, I'll be back in the game in a few months :)