Roll Back

BobbyTwoShakes

2 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

There will always be new players who have to play catch up. That's the nature of MMOs. I hate use that POS game Eve as an example, but this certainly doesn't hurt Eve.

EVE has adapted over the years to make it easier for new players to get involved. It was not always that way. They had a lot of trouble getting new players because it was not possible to catch up. 

To add insult to injury, they scatter the schematics to build parts and anything over Tier 1 off of Alioth and also into the PVP unprotected area. A lot of us more humble and smaller orgs (like 2-5 person orgs) like just playing on Alioth and don't have a space-faring ship yet. So the insult....? Now the richie riches buy those schems we can't get on Alioth and post them on markets on Alioth at a big premium. More revenue for the rich, more tax for the poor. Like a slap in the face to those who are not in a big org or already rich and space-faring. Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

If you keep the blueprint all you need are the resources.

Not if you have to perfectly align them in the right orientation. That's impossible with BPs without deploying and picking each core up multiple times. And even then, you're likely to be a voxel off.

6 hours ago, Sinclair said:

To add insult to injury, they scatter the schematics to build parts and anything over Tier 1 off of Alioth and also into the PVP unprotected area. A lot of us more humble and smaller orgs (like 2-5 person orgs) like just playing on Alioth and don't have a space-faring ship yet. So the insult....? Now the richie riches buy those schems we can't get on Alioth and post them on markets on Alioth at a big premium. More revenue for the rich, more tax for the poor. Like a slap in the face to those who are not in a big org or already rich and space-faring. Ridiculous.

Wow. Difficult to leave a planet without a ship. Not sure the noobie speeder is going to cut it. Older, richer players roll on, new players die quickly. Game over man. Game over. 

11 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Not if you have to perfectly align them in the right orientation. That's impossible with BPs without deploying and picking each core up multiple times. And even then, you're likely to be a voxel off.

Yes, that's indeed a problem. Placing of blueprints should be improved - with or without a whipe.

13 hours ago, Sinclair said:

You don't need to be rich to get into space dude, you can litterally nano craft a space capable ship from surface ores BPs are data items you don't even need a container. 

1 hour ago, Honvik said:

This benefited the few not the many.  Those who played the game and aquired millions.  It certainly is not new player friendly.  Not to mention the few who knew in advance all the changes and probably had vast industries so stockpiled.

That is why the game should be wiped at release. Everyone on an equal footing.

16 hours ago, Sinclair said:

I am sure there are people out there that can get you those schematics from other markets for a small fee.

1 hour ago, Ochiniwa said:

I am sure there are people out there that can get you those schematics from other markets for a small fee.

I'll do it for cost of the schematics plus twice the warp cells it takes to get there and back. (I have a light warp courier - 8 cells to Thades or Madis round trip)

I told my section of the guild (SLI/MTI) on madis a few days ago that with what appears to be coming in the patch that if we as a group were going to be really actually hurt by the patch, other players and smaller guild were going to be destroyed.  Turns out I predicted right.  We had as a group a single warp cell line up and running fairly quickly. Today we will probably have 6 going and we can focus on other things until we expand it again.  This was a GROUP effort.  We only did it because we had massive amounts of machinery, skills and resources to throw at the problem.  At the current rate we might actually be back to some semblance of where we were pre-patch in a week or two, because we are working together.....but this patch has destroyed solo players.  It has wrecked small guilds.

I can not honestly say what the true intent of fevered minds of the devs were when they threw out this insane patch.  But if what we are getting is actually it, this game is going to be unpalatable for a lot of people.

18 hours ago, Sinclair said:

To add insult to injury...Now the richie riches buy those schems we can't get on Alioth and post them on markets on Alioth at a big premium. More revenue for the rich, more tax for the poor. Like a slap in the face to those who are not in a big org or already rich and space-faring. Ridiculous.

Except, you completely ignore or discredit the fact that enterprising players could run to these other planets, buy the schematics not available on Alioth, fly back to Alioth, and sell them through the market for a profit.

If you use the support chat, because that's the only global chat right now, you may even find someone willing to make such a trip for a given price, on top of the costs for the schematics.

Your jealousy of those who have wealth in the game is blinding you to the possibilities and opportunities.

I'm really confused by the blanket silence from NQ.

Have they already commented on the patch...or was it only discussed on some random Streamer's channel...? I heard here that there would be a discussion yesterday but didn't see anything.

Are they just waiting around until things quiet down?  

Yet again, NQ needs to work on communication: "We see that many players do not like this update and are carefully monitoring feedback. We will consider if a rollback is appropriate. Thank you for taking the time to give us honest feedback, which is super generous of our players considering you're all paying for this experience and getting feedback is the whole point of beta! Thank you for your patience." 

I've said many times that NQ has an issue with arrogance. This patch and the lack of reaction to player feedback from NQ is not doing much to dispel the idea that JC just doesn't care what the players think because he's smart and we're dumb. No apologies for a rough patch. No comments. No "thank you for being patient as we figure stuff out". Nothing. 

For all the love and passion players have brought into this game, it's baffling that NQ isn't more interested in interacting with them beyond listening to JC's voice (if you happen to be a streamer). 

Even if DU worked exactly as promised and was flawless...that arrogant attitude just isn't attractive and isn't something I'd want to support. 

As a player who has put hundreds of hours to this game so of course I wouldn't want a wipe.

But nothing else than a wipe would even the sandbox and take back the harms done at this point.

Maybe the best solution is giving beta testers an offer they can't refuse (3 years of gametime?) in exchange of their hours, and wiping the game after beta.