Patch ruined the game (for me)

Vizeroy

The industry changes are too severe.

I'm not really enjoying the fact that i cant produce ANYTHING without investing millions to get my product lines up and running again.

I was in the progress of building a small production facility with only T1 ores, pures, components and finished products.

I'm not rich, with the login bonus for today, i've got 400.000.

In order to get my factory up and running now, i'll need millions upon millions. Only way to get that, is to spend god knows how many hours mining for the market instead of mining for my own production.

I dont really consider that fun or interesting gameplay.

So... i'm just gonna hope this gets heavily rebalanced soon or i'm gonna write off this game and move on

Damn shame, because i've just spent the last month getting to know the basics of the game and was actually starting to enjoy it.

17 minutes ago, Vizeroy said:

Only way to get that, is to spend god knows how many hours mining for the market instead of mining for my own production.

That was the point of the changes - forcing players to use the markets. It is not going to be rebalanced, unless to the worse (if NQ realizes that even less wares are traded between players because all available cash is used for schematics only).

Wait until you realise that basic item have forced prices due to bot sell order still present while high tier stuff have free market.

Or schematics being located 150su away because.... because.... can't find other reason beside feeding the big organisations.

I understood the general idea of what they were going to try to do, but obviously I didn't understand how much this was going to cost to get my industry running again. I get they want us to use the markets more, however I was hoping that the lag near markets, as well as the clutter of abandoned structures, would have been taken care of before this. More people, even more lag. I'm not rich in RL and this is making the game lag so much near markets it is near unplayable for me now. I can't run out and upgrade my memory or my graphics.

Also, my assembly efficiency is at 40% and the assembly handling at 44%, this makes me feel like it was all for nothing. It would have been nice if we could have had a chance to obtain some schematics or some way to ease the transition. But now, with no money to buy parts, no way to build more (decent) parts, and no way to sell anything for decent profit (I mean come on, Tier1 and Tier2 were already relatively cheap for the hours spent to get them.) Now with everyone trying to sell them to each other and very few people, if anyone at all actually, who has any incentive to BUY it, the markets tanking, I will have to spend hours mining for the price of one medium space engine.

I'm not stupid, I don't expect anyone to care really that I am considering just quitting the game and trying for a refund, I am just venting my frustration over a situation that could have been handled much better IMO. I was really enjoying the game, but since I can't afford the many many hours of mining, and I can't afford upgrading my system to counter the horrible (for me) lag, there is little point to stay much longer if I can't make it work.

34 minutes ago, Deintus said:

I'm not stupid, I don't expect anyone to care really that I am considering just quitting the game and trying for a refund, I am just venting my frustration over a situation that could have been handled much better IMO. I was really enjoying the game, but since I can't afford the many many hours of mining, and I can't afford upgrading my system to counter the horrible (for me) lag, there is little point to stay much longer if I can't make it work.

With any such large change, the markets are going to be a mess for a few weeks, until things settle down.  Were it my concern, I'd just do what I want to do, like build my base, for a couple of weeks and see how things sort out. It is possible, as far as that goes, that NQ will tweak things or react to player responses and needs in a positive fashion. While people claim this should have happened in Alpha, well , it has happened now and better now than shortly after release or even a year after.

The developers are not idiots, no matter what the naysayers might claim. They are ultimately in this to make money, but do so with a design philosophy and an idea that they hope will bear fruit and profitability. Thus, I do expect that we'll see some changes and tweaks, here and there, between next week and the next couple of update patches, that will help resolve some, if not many of the concerns that are being expressed.

Not that I expect them to respond positively to demands from the disgruntled, but rather to look at player trends, gauge the player experience and determine where the target experience falls short.

Hopefully, you do not choose to pull the plug, but it is all up to you.

2 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

That was the point of the changes - forcing players to use the markets. It is not going to be rebalanced, unless to the worse (if NQ realizes that even less wares are traded between players because all available cash is used for schematics only).

We are paying for the game to play it as we see fit , not to be told what to do. if we cant play the game in the way we enjoy it , we will move to on one that will let us to so.

Is EVE, Minecraft, Albion Online a Sandbox? If yes, i had a lot of fun playing this solo. 

I played for a long time WoW, DCUO, HDRO and other MMORPGs Solo. And i had Fun :D

I don't expect to have access to all content like groups etc, but at least some things should be possible solo. 

But you are right, it is as it is. Many will perhaps also be satisfied with the changes. It's just a pity for many, because it has been a lot of fun so far, I think that's why the dissatisfaction is big, because something has been taken away from them. If they had just introduced new things that solo players could hardly access, the scream would have been much less, I think. 

9 hours ago, Vizeroy said:

The industry changes are too severe.

I'm not really enjoying the fact that i cant produce ANYTHING without investing millions to get my product lines up and running again.

I was in the progress of building a small production facility with only T1 ores, pures, components and finished products.

I'm not rich, with the login bonus for today, i've got 400.000.

In order to get my factory up and running now, i'll need millions upon millions. Only way to get that, is to spend god knows how many hours mining for the market instead of mining for my own production.

I dont really consider that fun or interesting gameplay.

So... i'm just gonna hope this gets heavily rebalanced soon or i'm gonna write off this game and move on

Damn shame, because i've just spent the last month getting to know the basics of the game and was actually starting to enjoy it.

As a new player it's soul destroying. Such a great game that is now genuinely to difficult to play with any ounce of fun. Gutted. 

4 hours ago, Context said:

If you ever thought solo play in a sandbox game was going to be fun, you may want re-evaluate your self logic.

Not all of us are au fait with what a sandbox game is, and we PAID to came on board soley on the basis of the marketing and what was promised.  It WAS fun until this patch. Now its  C H R O N I C.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, Deintus said:

I understood the general idea of what they were going to try to do, but obviously I didn't understand how much this was going to cost to get my industry running again. I get they want us to use the markets more, however I was hoping that the lag near markets, as well as the clutter of abandoned structures, would have been taken care of before this. More people, even more lag. I'm not rich in RL and this is making the game lag so much near markets it is near unplayable for me now. I can't run out and upgrade my memory or my graphics.

Also, my assembly efficiency is at 40% and the assembly handling at 44%, this makes me feel like it was all for nothing. It would have been nice if we could have had a chance to obtain some schematics or some way to ease the transition. But now, with no money to buy parts, no way to build more (decent) parts, and no way to sell anything for decent profit (I mean come on, Tier1 and Tier2 were already relatively cheap for the hours spent to get them.) Now with everyone trying to sell them to each other and very few people, if anyone at all actually, who has any incentive to BUY it, the markets tanking, I will have to spend hours mining for the price of one medium space engine.

I upgraded to a proper solid state drive and added another 16gb and it did not resolve the market issue. This is a server side issue that needs to be addressed.

I also agree with the rest of your post as I setup industry to automatically build tier 1 pilot elements with a screen that shows Ore levels (thanks to a org mate). All that newbies that join needs to do is make sure the ore containers are filled and they can build ships. Nothing fancy but I spend a lot of hours on this and I just don't have the in-game currency to setup a factory to craft 10% of what my nano crafter can do.

2 hours ago, GallopingTortoise said:

I upgraded to a proper solid state drive and added another 16gb and it did not resolve the market issue. This is a server side issue that needs to be addressed.

Nothing concrete, but there are some indications that the market crashes are related to GPU memory. For example I got a 1080ti with 11GB and I never crash at markets (more then the game crash other places).

On 12/10/2020 at 3:28 AM, Context said:

If you ever thought solo play in a sandbox game was going to be fun, you may want re-evaluate your self logic.

Wow, you're charming(!)

Solo play doesn't mean living in a vaccuum or a bubble, most solo players are with friends or even within orgs.

I for one don't consider mining for X hours per day to sell to bots 'community engagement' - it feels more like court-ordered community service.

I'm a solo player, I practiced self-sufficiency, I built my own vanity projects, I'm also a member of a big org and contributed to theirs.

To me a sandbox game is one in which you get to build things. The ideas of elements and voxels in this game started people building weird and wonderful things. Most of the biggest, most eye-catching and wonderful ships at the last EXPO were the products of a single (deranged) mind - often solo players building something because they wanted the accomplishment of having built it - largely from their own work.

That's a sandbox to me and I guess I'm as guilty of them because I thought that was fun at the time. Now I can't do that anymore and it's not fun.

If you think a sandbox box is one in which most of the in-game currency is being spent on schematics from bots and most of the players time is spend grinding to sell to said bots and where every quanta spent on a bagged plant is a waste when it should instead be feeding the almighty advanced-pipe factory then I'll admit you've got a different definition of 'fun' than I do.

The patch may or may not have affected your avenues to fun in the game, but it's completely removed mine.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, Context said:

Probably the dumbest quote of the year. Tons of sandbox games, if not the majority of them are great for solo play.. and up until the patch this game was one of them...