How Can I Create In This New Crappy Industry Punishment?

BaconofWar

NQ: "Oh no, you've got level 3 in most refining and smelting and almost was tier 3 at all industry but that's worth absolutely nothing because today, today we've lost our freakin' minds and opted to make you train that industry ALL OVER AGAIN and dump HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of credits into the market just to make the same stuff you could make and skilled up to make faster and more efficiently yesterday." 

Honestly. Yesterday I could happily build ship parts to build ships to build blueprints to give away for free. Yes, I run FELD.

Today, I have to not only buy schematics for everything I need to build to build ships, but I also need to "train up" to the correct level of industry to actually build the schematic. And to refine ore. And to smelt the actual mats to make the parts. PICK ONE! Either train or schematics. I am being punished for wanting to design and build ships now. I'd not minded schematics as that didn't require me to work with the terrible training queue. (Move to TOP/Highest Possible button please!). Now I need to fish through the markets, spend what little UEC I have, and hope I can find what I need to continue making free and better (yep, no design is perfect) designs for FELD.

But NQ did both. Which is pretty lame since TRAINING only slows down industrial player's OTHER training by about 3 months so they can train in the higher tiers of... industry.  If NQ wanted to stop everyone training for 3 months then NQ should have just paused everyone's training queue for 3 months.

AND WHERE IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR THE MINERS? Really - they just OCD raw ores all day with ZERO cost and ZERO need for industry. They have ZERO training to do to know how to mine ores. They have ZERO things to buy to actually mine the ores. They just sit back and reap profits. That's been my biggest beef with this whole thing - miners have strip mined almost ever l of t3+ ore out using multi-boxing to run multiple scanning rigs and mining alts that the prez of NQ ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO DO.  If I want to get T3+ ore via mining as a single boxer I am forced to scan areas in hopes I can find something that strip miners have missed or deemed "not worth their effort."

Toss in that this just means multi-boxers just need to set their alts to train the new skills and wow, no way for any soloist to compete even as a niche industrialist.

Well thank you, NQ. It all adds up to a major excuse not to play. I am debating just not playing. I liked to build stuff and give away the designs but now it's just work and doing what I hate most - WAITING for something that should be nothing to get done.

The only gameplay I am thinking about doing now is scrapping everything, freighting it all to my plot on Sanct, and uninstalling.  Industry is just to punitive now.

I might revisit in a few months to see if NQ came to some form of reality.

10 minutes ago, BaconofWar said:

AND WHERE IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR THE MINERS? Really - they just OCD raw ores all day with ZERO cost and ZERO need for industry. They have ZERO training to do to know how to mine ores. They have ZERO things to buy to actually mine the ores. They just sit back and reap profits. That's been my biggest beef with this whole thing - miners have strip mined almost ever l of t3+ ore out using multi-boxing to run multiple scanning rigs and mining alts that the prez of NQ ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO DO.  If I want to get T3+ ore via mining as a single boxer I am forced to scan areas in hopes I can find something that strip miners have missed or deemed "not worth their effort."

Ok you obviously have ZERO idea what you are talking about here or have never done our "lulz free money bois!!" mining. That or your a damn troll.

First have you ever tried to mine without ANY skills? It blows undead whale after 50 bean chili and left to rot on a beach in florida sans a wipe ass. Its hediously slow without skills. Second without the container link skill you cant even REACH most nodes and need to run back up to link to unload over and over and over 3 to 4k at a gods damn time. Without any skills it can can take LITERALLY hours to fill even ONE container.

Next you know how much a scanner costs? before the patch around 2-4 million per plus a core for each set. Ontop of that you needed to have a ship that could fit them. 9 scanners takes up around 15% of a +50% 10 container stack. And not only do you need this ship you need to pay fuel, scrap, warp cells or literal HOURS of flight time PER LOAD as well as risking loseing it during slowboats. A single trip off planet can cost as much as 20 million to and from with warpcells even WITH an AGG or as much as 16 hours if you slowboat. A good miner transport ship costs also costs around 60-120 million often even more. Even as a fully decked out miner/dredger with a meganode it can take 6 to 12 hours to fill my monster ontop of THAT. WITHOUT skills it can take litteral DAYS to do so.

And this is entirely disregarding the time to scan, "oh durr you r have alts" is not a valid complaint either. A lot of us dont have multiple PCs or PCs that can handle multiple instances of DU at the same time. This means even using the core drop trick it can take a long ass time where i cant do ANYTHING else to find nodes. Sure some have mining alts but they are the exception NOT the majority. Same as you factory guys will have many alts so you can run tons of industry skills at once. Hell i play on a damn laptop out of a truck. It would literally explode if i tried to multibox.

Addtionally the skills to make mining BAREABLE took me over a month and nearly two to get my dredger unlocked as well as my terriforming skills. I then had to go through and unlock most of my piloting skills so my ship doesnt eat me out of house and home in fuel costs even WITH an AGG which is about as reliable as the word of your average politician and ends up breaking stuff on my ship on a fairly regular basis. Ontop of needing over a month to get the skills up so i didnt need an even BIGGER hauler.

Lastly our nerfs were announced. and we just got a bunch this patch same as you. Our ships now wear out, element destruction is a thing now. Fuel+cells are now a fortune to buy or build up to. Our ships are going to slowly accumulate damage due to glitches, hard landings, stuff loading in late, lag and a million other things meaning we need to replace parts. This is not even counting that AGGs are getting nerfbatted by power. We are losing our container link range and they are planning to put your precious ore out in the pirate infested zone on astroids in the next patch or two. Meaning we are likely going to lose MANY of our now hediously expensive ships fully and all at once.

and guess what i am ALSO a single boxer using no exploits and i STILL do fine upto and including designing my own 100 mil quanta ship. To me it sounds like your just trying to stir the pot.

Co-op with other people? Other orgs? You make this for me, I'll make that for you. Something like a real functioning economy. Your are pointing out the very reasons why the change was made, and why the change was always coming. If a small handful of people or fewer can make an everything factory, there is no economy.

I also play solo, don't have "alts" (I despise the very idea, because I cannot split my personality into multiple characters - old school RPG, I am ONE character which I try to skill the best).
I also played for months, mining - although as mentioned in another thread due to me working a lot and being a father, I do not have 10s of hours per day to play - at most 2-3 hours, if that.
So it took months to mine a little bit here, and a little bit there - by using ONE scanner of course (where as Fox mentioned in that time you cannot do anything but wait). This way I managed to earn some 180+ million quantas which I am now using to buy stuff and build my large capital Starship. Yes, to BUY the elements I need. It should simply not be possible for me to be specialized in mining and at the same time also specialized in everything else, create factories, refineries, industry, everything ....

As I mentioned in my video review: it is simply unrealistic and ridiculous that EVERYONE can build bloody FACTORIES in a matter of hours - this should never have been so - because the game is going for realism, and in reality you don't see 8 billion people on earth all running around and building bloody FACTORIES.
Building a factory should be, just as in real life, an end game achievement, only possible if done by hundreds if not thousands of players together with combined efforts of multiple people specialized in different things (miners, builders, engineers, electricians).
It is horrendously STUPID that you can click a few buttons on the interface, wait a bit and - voila - you just built a WHOLE DAMN FACTORY .... ugh.

21 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I also play solo, don't have "alts" (I despise the very idea, because I cannot split my personality into multiple characters - old school RPG, I am ONE character which I try to skill the best).
I also played for months, mining - although as mentioned in another thread due to me working a lot and being a father, I do not have 10s of hours per day to play - at most 2-3 hours, if that.
So it took months to mine a little bit here, and a little bit there - by using ONE scanner of course (where as Fox mentioned in that time you cannot do anything but wait). This way I managed to earn some 180+ million quantas which I am now using to buy stuff and build my large capital Starship. Yes, to BUY the elements I need. It should simply not be possible for me to be specialized in mining and at the same time also specialized in everything else, create factories, refineries, industry, everything ....

As I mentioned in my video review: it is simply unrealistic and ridiculous that EVERYONE can build bloody FACTORIES in a matter of hours - this should never have been so - because the game is going for realism, and in reality you don't see 8 billion people on earth all running around and building bloody FACTORIES.
Building a factory should be, just as in real life, an end game achievement, only possible if done by hundreds if not thousands of players together with combined efforts of multiple people specialized in different things (miners, builders, engineers, electricians).
It is horrendously STUPID that you can click a few buttons on the interface, wait a bit and - voila - you just built a WHOLE DAMN FACTORY .... ugh.

Well the idea behind it is kind of ok. I agree with you there. But somehow the game  made it imposdible for me, belonging to a small org, to do anything. I cant do indy, i cant construct anything anymore, my agg ships died and the cost of warpcells will increase heavily so i cant mine outside my planet, and i cant even mine on my planet due to pending operations. I ended up with nothing else to do ingame than picking surface rocks.

51 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I'm with this 100%. However...

... for new players this is hitting really hard. I don't have the quantas, I have nothing and now I'm completely paralysed making this game 0% fun :(