So, now that the patch has arrived ..

blazemonger

I still feel some of the changes are too  soon.

The removal of Fetch will be causing more tickets

The industry changes, as I have said before, by themselves are good but I feel schematics are too expensive and could have been brought in at half their price which would have been better IMO.

The patch it self, sorry NQ but this is a terrible sloppy rush job. Very obvious unfinished text, variables that have no value so are showing. No creative thinking on how a schematic collection with limited numbers is implemented, not properly lined up buttons and there's more..

The skills gating the industry elements is something I feel is a good balance option to allow players to get a somewhat even start. Yes, big orgs will have industry set up but only T1 and they will need to train into using higher tiers and then build them. Smaller orgs can start collecting ore while these skills train and make enough to get the elements and schematics they may need.. It's not perfect but fair enough and it did somewhat "mellow" my opinion on this.

The autoconfig being broken is a big issue and needs to get fixed quickly

Converting all blueprints to core blueprints in player inventories is a massive mistake and oversight.  You just gave everyone who bought a construct from a player a core blueprint of that construct and they can now copy and change it as they see fit.. very bad and this alone should have been addressed immediately with  a rollback of the servers after a fix. The creators in the game deserve a better response by you.

Why was it decided cores can't be restored? that is such a bad choice to make IMO and I see no reason why this should be a thing.

I would have preferred a wipe and expected to see a talent point reset to allow players to rethink their specialization. Some may decide to move away from industry and now have many points in that area. You should really at least refund any industry points or do an overall refund and allow players to respec.

I still have doubts and question on the choices made but am willing to give the patch a try but please.. get to work on fixing the many sloppy left overs and oversights in the next week or so and certainly close the blueprint loophole asap. IMO the latter should already have happend but should be done by tomorrow at the latest.

Please, NQPlease, do not be you and let this patch go into Xmas break like this.. show us you are committed to make this work and fix the most obvious and glaring issues in the patch..

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I still feel some of the changes are too  soon.

The removal of Fetch will be causing more tickets

The industry changes, as I have said before, by themselves are good but I feel schematics are too expensive and could have been brought in at half their price which would have been better IMO.

The patch it self, sorry NQ but this is a terrible sloppy rush job. Very obvious unfinished text, variables that have no value so are showing. No creative thinking on how a schematic collection with limited numbers is implemented, not properly lined up buttons and there's more..

The skills gating the industry elements is something I feel is a good balance option to allow players to get a somewhat even start. Yes, big orgs will have industry set up but only T1 and they will need to train into using higher tiers and then build them. Smaller orgs can start collecting ore while these skills train and make enough to get the elements and schematics they may need.. It's not perfect but fair enough and it did somewhat "mellow" my opinion on this.

The autoconfig being broken is a big issue and needs to get fixed quickly

Converting all blueprints to core blueprints in player inventories is a massive mistake and oversight.  You just gave everyone who bought a construct from a player a core blueprint of that construct and they can now copy and change it as they see fit.. very bad and this alone should have been addressed immediately with  a rollback of the servers after a fix. The creators in the game deserve a better response by you.

Why was it decided cores can't be restored? that is such a bad choice to make IMO and I see no reason why this should be a thing.

I would have preferred a wipe and expected to see a talent point reset to allow players to rethink their specialization. Some may decide to move away from industry and now have many points in that area. You should really at least refund any industry points or do an overall refund and allow players to respec.

I still have doubts and question on the choices made but am willing to give the patch a try but please.. get to work on fixing the many sloppy left overs and oversights in the next week or so and certainly close the blueprint loophole asap. IMO the latter should already have happend but should be done by tomorrow at the latest.

Please, NQPlease, do not be you and let this patch go into Xmas break like this.. show us you are committed to make this work and fix the most obvious and glaring issues in the patch..

TBH, my first thought upon seeing this post was "how many threads is he going to create about this."

However, my initial reaction was wrong as I see you really do have a reasoned post and a great hope for what DU has long promised to be.

FWIW, I did not see that of the BPs I have from others were made core. I'll have to check again, but I am certain that some were and some were not. It may be just a glitch in the matrix.

I am against a wipe, for many reasons, but a talent rest across the board would not have hurt a soul, if our talent points were all refunded.

Core destruction is not a bad thing, as it adds a real consequence to PVP, and also drunk/stoned flying. On the other hand, there needs to be an accounting for lag (much of it caused our allowed by NQ) and it is vastly unfair to create a situation that a player cannot survive merely because it is inconvenient to resolve the problem.

Yes, certain things were broken with the patch and I honestly expected that we'd see a server restart by now, but perhaps they were too exhausted from their earlier efforts.

Where they do need to take some quick action, also, is fixing the names of similar items, so they are more easily understood. This will be a problem with the purchase of schematics and I doubt any of those purchases will ever be refunded.

Like you, I would like to see more improvement before the end of this year and with that view, I posted my own thread with some suggestions that would be very nice to see, in some form or another, as a means to build bridges between NQ and the players. While not huge, they also do not require a large expenditure of resources or effort, just a minimal amount to signify "we're aware and listening."

I'm really not a bad person ;)

I believe I'm also actually someone who will take other opinion and views into account even when I may not care for or agree wit them if that opinion is valid for the game. I know I will generally "think out loud and tend to bring up many possible "issues" I can see coming and that there's a lot of ppl who do not get or even appreciate that.. Well That's too bad but it's not going to change. Reasonable arguments that make sense I'm more than willing to accept and use to change my position.

It's good to agree the patch is rough and needs work. An dyes I do see the potential and as said do not consider the changes bad actually, just question the way they are implemented. I can only hope we'll see changes that will make this better.

For me, and many other players who do not care for PVP as a primary activity in the game, Industry is pretty much the only thing that the game offers and it's actually fun. The changes will certainly open up opportunities in the long run but they are too impactful as they are unless you are working in a reasonably large group while pretty much reducing your option by a lot if you aren't. It remains to be seen if NQ made the right choice in this but I think they only considered and deliver on half the story here, there needs to be something behind this that feeds it besides mining.

About the wipe, I can certainly see the arguments behind being against it but it remains something that i'd not have an issue with myself. Preferable though I'd like NQ to get creative and I think they need to come to the realization that something needs to be brought in that adds to this loop. And I think that could be PVE content like what I talked about here. And yes, that means more "inspiration by EVE" but I do not see a bad side in that. EVE is a far more PVP oriented game than DU is, in fact I'd say in EVE, PVP _is_ the center pillar around which the game pivots. But the exploration in that game is great, provides a reason to play for a _lot_ of players and as they do so the provide the basics for PVP to be enabled in more ways than one.

it would be great if NQ shifted more in that direction and I think it would be really good for the game as it could do the same thing here. And that is not asking for NPCs, it is asking for content like minigames which both reward the player with valuable loot to bring to market and as the player is occupied with the content they become potential targets for PVP which I really think is a good thing as the whole thing brings content and activity for all sides. And yes, that is for the future, I get that. But if only NQ would show any indication it is something they are considering it will help the game now. The incidental events are good but I really hope for a more permanent content addition..

4 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I'm really not a bad person ;)

it would be great if NQ shifted more in that direction and I think it would be really good for the game as it could do the same thing here. And that is not asking for NPCs, it is asking for content like minigames which both reward the player with valuable loot to bring to market and as the player is occupied with the content they become potential targets for PVP which I really think is a good thing as the whole thing brings content and activity for all sides. And yes, that is for the future, I get that. But if only NQ would show any indication it is something they are considering it will help the game now. The incidental events are good but I really hope for a more permanent content addition..

I never did think you were a bad person, but I will leave it at that.

We are in agreement here, as I did suggest a few minigame type events for this upcoming holiday period, one even provides participation for miners, industrialist, haulers, ship builders, and pvpers, but I do not want to leave this with my tooting my own horn.

Instead, I'd like to have confirmation that some content is pending within the next month to month and a half, that will add to gameplay options, which does not have to be significant, just entertaining, with a small reward, and open to everyone, instead of only those who spend a lot of time off-planet.

18 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I would have preferred a wipe and expected to see a talent point reset to allow players to rethink their specialization.

Yep, best way they could have handled it.  Or just a wipe it all (I love a challenge), but I do not think they have the stones for it. 

Right now we have a few members who have quit and a lot I have convinced to hang for a week at least to adjust.  We should be back to pumping out warp cells today at least.

Man that meganode stealth nerf is eating at me the worst though.  I have nearly triple digit hexes claimed that just got gutted.

Well, they are taking care of that talent reset right now, so that is a step forward. The other buffs, although temporary, to selling ore will also be helpful.

As I've posted elsewhere, we should expect tweaks and adjustments, some that we like and probably some we won't, to the industry and market systems.

In looking at the meganodes, I am not so sure it is truly a nerf. Unless those nodes were confirmed to be physically there, it may be that the scans were misreporting based on the bug associated with the structure of the node. I know of people who were chasing after meganodes that they never found, not even a small part of it left over.

So, I am holding out the possibility that many of the nodes that the scans showed us, were not actually present at all. I am not saying in every case, but from talking with a few others, it seems that this may be the case for at least a good number of them.

Also, they have, in the road map, a planned new distribution of ore, so it may be that ores get an overhaul across the board. It should happen, in my opinion, because the scattered t2s don't make any sense to me. I think that plantes should all have t1 and t2 ores present, just in varying degrees. t3 and t4 should be found on certain types of planets only, but also in varying degrees, both should be present. t5 (and perhaps if they go t6 and above) should be very rare and only on specific types of planets.

Where large concentrations (meganodes) of t3-t5 should guaranteed is in the asteroids. So, most everywhere else, you find at least most of the tiers present in at least small amounts, with a very rare chance of a larger or meganode, with guaranteed large and meganodes in the asteroid fields. Doing this will cause a lot more people and pvpers to have reason to be out there in some numbers, which would expand game opportunities and possibilities.