We now know why...

blazemonger

8 minutes ago, UnclePaulie said:

What good is a L core vs 10 s cores? Hard to fight when all your guns are dead.  if you have a L core with 6 gunners, and 4 repair guys, what they gonna do? Target 1 s core, take time to actually kill it, while 9 s cores which are so so much cheaper, put constant damage on guns, engines, brakes, adjusters.  What they gonna do after the 3rd repair and its destroyed?

During the last event, the golden eye took damage from a dozen ships with L weapons for an hour and he remained alive.  M, S and xc weapons are useless, they are toy weapons.

9 minutes ago, SneakySnake said:

During the last event, the golden eye took damage from a dozen ships with L weapons for an hour and he remained alive.  M, S and xc weapons are useless, they are toy weapons.

with limited repairs that wont happen again i'd guess.

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

We now know why suddenly L cores were massively bought up on the markets. Someone got tipped off by NQ staff on the changes as this happened before ATV got their hands on the patch I suspect.

Join me in newspaper buisness, whe crack this conspiracy together...

https://tenor.com/view/star-wars-join-me-come-here-darth-vader-you-need-ahand-gif-17174821

Seeing all these remarks i think we are missing the most important part.

Apparently there are players, as seen before, that are tipped by interns at NQ about stuff ingame, updates and glitches so they can get profit from it.

If this is the case it is serious and well, this could end a game even before it starts. Even rumours about it are damaging to a company and a game.

Who will play a game where some players are informed about how to work around updates and glitches by someone in the company while all others must struggle?

Since there will be no wipe, any advancement now will be enormous in a few years, but some seem to forget that.

Remember the enourmous Quanta some got, nooo no issue that will fade away, now we need to buy schematics with quanta......

Not to go to the conspiracy corner, its simple there should not even be the thought that some players are treated different then others. But then again, we will see

30 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Not to go to the conspiracy corner...

Its not a conspiracy, generaly -- fact.

Every Beta update so far was leaked (at least-- by ATV) to some level of penetration into population. Starting with info about how Beta will be rolled (world details/useful tips), then returned wrecks were leaked, then this. This one just most outrageous, because most impactful.

While I perfectly understand, that NQ extreamly not eager to aknowledge this, I hope they at least trying to plug leaking sources internaly (like some purges in ATV for starters). 

4 hours ago, UnclePaulie said:

It wont. I fought against that ship. We put missiles into a "destroyed" state pretty easily. I was a gunner in that fight and many many times saw some of their missiles in a. Destroyed state.

Anyone with half a brain also knows railguns would Pummel that thing from a distance, and not even get shot at by the missiles which have poor range comparatively.  But then again, you might have to pvp a little to know that. That's why its laughable when people with 0 Experience In pvp "predict" what will happen or be OP. When your car breaks down, you dont take it to a neighbor who is an accountant. 

I was repairing that ship. I'm not with them or anything but I can tell you that no missiles were destroyed all the way to red state. There were some down to 30% at times but there were 3 of us repairing constantly.

57 minutes ago, UnclePaulie said:

Its human nature. You would see huge market moves a few days before a patch a lot of times in EvE.  Always some inside information gets leaked in these types of situations.  Its unfortunate but seems to be a reality.

The simple solution is to equalize the playing field. 

- You know how things are going to change in advance

- You know some players will learn about this early no matter what

- Post it publicly to minimize the impact of leaks -- details will leak no matter what; let the entire player base know instead of a select few scammers 

Most popular market stuff was being bought up as soon as schematics ere announced...simple economics.....as people adjust the factories to compensate, supplies will dwindle, creating high demand, and therefore huge profit potential on EVERYTHING that requires a large number of schematics to produce....No leak needed to predict that at all...was a given and being discussed more than a week ago as to what components to buy up from the markets in anticipation of the patch. 

I can not even craft a simple screw right now - YEAH  !!

I'm thinking of the time on Sanctuary when I've build my first dynamic MCore for the Moon-Mining-exploration - LOL -> any new Player needs to farm rocks for 2 Months before even thinking about an MCore excitement

¿ did anyone think about new Players when implementing the, lets call it, BIGORG:HAPPY-Patch ?

the pricing for that Schematic Shit is INSANE !

eg. MCore = 36000000

the game was supercool - I really loved it 

I'm totally pissed now

A complete wipe is really how they should have moved forward imho. But because they don't want to, although not ruled it out. They are just building more problems down the road.

I do feel eventually they will wipe, either parcial or full, to survive.

I was mass producing L cores an selling them.

I cancelled all my sell orders at about 1/3 into the JC interview.

You were just too slow.

I play industry solo.

About leak: rumors about schematics were out weeks before the patch and i tried discussing it on forums but no one listened.

16 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

So in case people missed it. The reason for the L core hording is now pretty clear. Price for Dynamic Core L Schematics is 656 millions..

Yep.  I only just found out they have a test server.  I don't want to cast a shadow on any players that are selected to be on the test server as I'm sure the majority of them don't even use the information for their own benefit.  But it would seem that on the balance of probabilities there is a leak there somewhere.

7 hours ago, Underhook said:

Yep.  I only just found out they have a test server.  I don't want to cast a shadow on any players that are selected to be on the test server as I'm sure the majority of them don't even use the information for their own benefit.  But it would seem that on the balance of probabilities there is a leak there somewhere.

They gave us 3/4 days warning for this update, while there are ppl who knew this weeks ahead. If this doesn't convince you there's something definitely wrong going...

for me the smoking gun is:

a new player will probably play with his first territory Scanner once when all tiles on all planets are already scanned and extracted

they play another deck of cards as anyone being there before them

- and this puts the game in danger for them because its NOT fair ... and they will know that one day

18 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Would that be one of those random youtube guest appearances that aren't announced anywhere?

I don't even have any way of knowing how many of those I didn't see...

Worse, it was someone telling someone on discord and then the second someone decided to tell everyone. The original message was on English.

I told about it in one of the threads we had, I think the one about the element destruction. But who cares about random person talking about stuff like this right ?

On 12/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, Captain Hills said:

for me the smoking gun is:

a new player will probably play with his first territory Scanner once when all tiles on all planets are already scanned and extracted

they play another deck of cards as anyone being there before them

- and this puts the game in danger for them because its NOT fair ... and they will know that one day

This is very true