[Discussion] ◇ Core Units can no longer be restored using scrap at all.

Elitez

While i am all in for all kind of agressive gameplay, features, slow progress, i dont think we are in a position that New Players will afford to pay for mistakes where ship is trying to land in Alioth  and explodes and teleports 20km above you and for dynamic cores bp when are deployed fly in space few SU above you, so on and so forth.

There is something wrong about this feature considering your core can easily be destroyed by non player maneuvers.

You can postpone it for few days until patch is confirmed to work.

I have a ship xs size that is like a Taxi to get from a to b swift. That thing while being a good ship when I park it sometimes it starts to dance like crazy and destroys the core. Things like this happen all the time in different Scenarios I think this change will leave a sour and bitter feeling when it happens again.

18 minutes ago, Lethys said:

this will be especially painful in the "early days" of patch 0.23 when there are no cores for sale and only certain players are even able to produce them. The you not only lose your ship but can't do anything about it

Yes, exactly this is the reason they shouldnt add more burden on support shoulders, on players, etc. They can do whatever they want with it in few days.

27 minutes ago, Elitez said:

There is something wrong about this feature considering your core can easily be destroyed by non player maneuvers.

That is putting it mildly.. this change is straight up decided on by someone completely disconnected from the game.. It's about as stupid as stupid gets

But it's also very NQ.. ad-hoc choices without any consideration for consequences. Whoever thought this was a good idea should have a rather strongly worded talk with their manager and have their decision making abilities reconsidered..

1 hour ago, Emptiness said:

Why the "with scrap" addition? We know that repair units could(/can?) repair elements using parts.

What if cores can be also restored with a repair unit with parts?

Its not the system of how to repair it...

Its the agressive attitude towards the remaining playerbase on a buggy mechanic on patch day 1. Thats it. Study the patch, study the reports > If landing/agg landing changes are ok > introduce it at the next server restart.

They will be overwhelmed by messages, requests denied and players upset if something goes wrong.

9 minutes ago, Rahzig said:

Maybe it is a translation thing. I hope it means " Scrap is no longer required to repair cores. "

Yup. Repair tool + New Core needed for all ships who have their core destroyed (not damaged) part of the Permanent Element Damage patch. We have it now. :(

16 minutes ago, Elitez said:

Yup. Repair tool + New Core needed for all ships who have their core destroyed (not damaged) part of the Permanent Element Damage patch. We have it now. :(

Big question here is what happens to damage on cores that are not destroyed? 

Big difference between 50 HP for an XS core and 11,000 plus HP for an L core. 

But if you can't fix damage at all, any damage is going to cost a new core, or you're flying a ship with a greater chance of going dead on you from grazing a rock that rendered out of nowhere. 

Has anyone else noticed they seem to have weakened the ships about 2 weeks ago?

I have had some wild and wonderful complete destructions like landing on a pad, relogging as none of my other ships were visible and witnessing the ship fall 5 m (it was on to another of my platforms) and blow completely up and destroy every single element.

Landing on a space station last week I clipped the edge of the landing pad at 1kph and Boom complete destruction of every single element.

First the Economy have to be stable, after that NQ can add Permadeath to cores its pointless to do it right now.

Nobody will fly ships that they cant replace --> Economy will not grow fast --> small groups/solo player will leave the game couse they dont can do anything !

Conclusion: NQ SHOULD DELAY THE CORE PERMADEATH TWO WEEKS FROM NOW.

I literally smashed my ship up EVERY time I re-entered Alioths atmosphere for weeks - just couldnt get the hang of it.  This will literally ground every newbie and then theres no way to be able to afford to replace them.

There definitely should be a flying school in the tutorial and some indication of the atmosphere heights on each planet, assuming of course that all new players wont be doomed to a life gathering rocks on Sanctuary....

1 hour ago, JoeKing said:

I literally smashed my ship up EVERY time I re-entered Alioths atmosphere for weeks - just couldnt get the hang of it.  This will literally ground every newbie and then theres no way to be able to afford to replace them.

There definitely should be a flying school in the tutorial and some indication of the atmosphere heights on each planet, assuming of course that all new players wont be doomed to a life gathering rocks on Sanctuary....

I probably crashed every single ship I built when testing how much load they could handle, especially when re-entering atmosphere. 

I dunno, it's almost like they want us to not use ships at all.

1 hour ago, JoeKing said:

There is (was) an atmospheric flight part to the tutorial they had stage 1 and 2 up , stage 3 (space?) was missing.

It was pretty simple stuff get in to one of their ships, take off, fly to waypoints and I suppose there was a landing part but that was bugged and I kept dc-ing during the fly by way points.