RIP PvP?

"Medium cores may not power large weapons"

Really? Why can't we use a L weapons with M cores in 0.23 update? M cores are large enough. Now all players will only use L cores in PvP because of this. I'm disappointed.. Now there will be only L cubes in pvp, congratulations!!....

NQ, have you seen the prices for L cores?  You destroy PvP and freedom of choice/design...

Hmm. I believe in the interview that JC said the core size limitations for weapons were temporary until the further mechanics can be developed. 

I'm far more concerned about core units not being fixable with scrap. That means you can't claim a ship unless you have a replacement core unit. Those L cores are gonna get expensive to repair/claim. 

I agree about XS, S cores, but why limit M cores? I think this scheme looks perfect: S cores: S,XS weapons (+M maybe?), M cores: L,M,S,XS weapons, L cores: L,m,s,xs weapons. Unfortunately the damage from M weapons is too small, and S and XS size weapons are completely useless.

14 minutes ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

Hmm. I believe in the interview that JC said the core size limitations for weapons were temporary until the further mechanics can be developed. 

I'm far more concerned about core units not being fixable with scrap. That means you can't claim a ship unless you have a replacement core unit. Those L cores are gonna get expensive to repair/claim. 

There are too many scenarios when a core can brake in safe zone and not from your mistake. This is the hardest feature in the game right now for new and less experienced players and lets not talk about 5-10 mils per L core for a long time :(

1 minute ago, UnclePaulie said:

New players shouldn't be flying L cores. If they do then they are taking the risk.  L cores shouldn't be the "standard". S and M should be the most common most likely.

XS S and M also. Not L. Core units should have some lives for bugs/game breaking scenarios where you are not involved.

Why does NQ always insist on breaking core game mechanics when implementing change?

A core principle in DU is that flight and design is physics based, meaning that every elements has a size and weight that decided where and how you place them.

So why should weapons be any different? If you want to limit L weapons to L cores, us the already established principles and make the L weapon elements a size and weight (and power drain in the future) that makes usage on smaller cores impractical.

15 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

It's fine.. large orgs can now maximize their advantage by controlling core availability and price. NQ has clearly thought all of this through very well and things are happening as intended.. /s

Facepalm

8 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

The problem with this is that it changes _nothing_

We had XS core cubes with L guns

we now get XS core sized cubes on L cores with L guns

I agree with you

2 minutes ago, UnclePaulie said:

But I guess keep bitching about something you don't even participate in, it's the only thing you seem to be good at.

Same like you then - you're only good in insulting other ppl and using strong language to get "your point" across. hilarious

5 hours ago, blazemonger said:

You are forgetting that rich/big orgs stocked up on L cores thanks to what quite possibly is insider info.
A week or two ago ppl started buying L-cores form markets en-mass.. now we know why

Prove it. No, really. Prove your point. Where is your factual evidence that only the larger orgs bought up all of the L cores? Go on, bring out the market scripts and spreadsheets that prove your allegations.

Weeks ago, as the devblogs we coming out for this patch, several of the people I talk to realized that they wanted L cores, so a few of these folks bought more than one. I almost bought two, myself, but decided to let things sort themselves out as hoarding and speculation are things I am not interested in supporting. See,  anecdotes are fun, but completely useless in support of a factual argument.

There were still L cores available just a couple of days ago, I checked the prices as I was considering selling, but again that's not my play-style, to sell off useful items for a quick buck.

It did not take a genius to see that higher end items, from dynamic L cores to territory scanners, to container hubs, and so on, would be bought up or withdrawn from the market. All in anticipation of either a shortage or for the purposes of manipulating the sale price immediately after the patch hits, in the hopes that worried players will pay outrageous sums.

I am beginning to think that some of the loudest moaners on these forums are purposely driving panic, so that they can profit off the newer players or those without a lick of sense, in game. It takes zero insider info to do this, only cynicism and a measure of greed.

Those who bang the drums loudest aren't necessarily the most correct, just the loudest. Although the possibility for insider info exists, that does not make it true here, especially as the devblogs were widely available and not limited in access to a mere few friends of friends. So, instead of casting aspersions, sans any hard evidence, perhaps a calmer approach would be more healthy.