Update and my concerns

calewars

11 hours ago, blazemonger said:

NQ is taking DU in a direction which doen sot in any way aligns with what was presented during kickstarter and prior to pre-alpha. When you back a game through a pledge you take a chance on it.. It's starting to look like this time things wil not work out as expected and hoped..

But let's hope NQ come to their senses .. and soon..

Sometimes its not so nice to finally be right. I am telling this for a long time already, but most people didnt care or ranted. Even the texts on the website have been altered to fit the current game, building your dream stuff, and think big as there are no limits to imagination...all gone. And some nice restrictions came inplace.  Still waiting on that 2 and 4 km core we were getting. There is only one thing to do online, mining. DU started out very promising but at the present rate of adding restrictions even faster then new blocks or solving bugs it is starting to look like keen where every new patch is a new set of bugs, dc and once in a quarter a dlc with nice colors.

What happened to freedom to build whatever you can think of, and do not start with "thats possible just need a large org" Then tell me what large, 1000 plater org builds 100 dreams simultanious, or is it some players who rule the org and the rest, well they can always mine

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Even the texts on the website have been altered to fit the current game

Yep. I have noticed some things they changed quietly as well. First off, I remember when I got the gold founder package (there were 2 gold packages but one was a little more expensive but only added a t shirt and some other physical item), it said that I would get beta keys to give to friends. Then later it was clarified in 2017 that gold members would be getting 2 beta keys each. Beta comes around and I only get one. I ask NQ why I only got one and supposedly the gold package I got was the wrong one and I only got one. Meanwhile I've seen others with the same package get 2 keys.

Another thing NQ has swept under the rug is new solar systems. According to one of the original roadmaps, we were supposed to have a galaxy to explore in beta. Later on in alpha, NQ said new solar systems would be added at release. That makes sense because that seems like a huge thing to put into the game. But later on they said it would be added after release, and now, there is no mention of it at all from them.

These are the only things I can remember off the top of my head, but it would be nice if NQ was a little more transparent and didn't change things without telling us.

roadmap.jpg

They seem to have been too busy trying to perfect the technology of a single-shard MMO which in turn can only go so far, yea cool everyone can play on the same server but if the gameplay is absolute dog shit and forces you to be the consumer and apart of the market it originally said you didn't need to participate in what's the point? Yes I understand games like these take time but with the immense amount of crowdfunding and private investments put into the game you cannot promise a game and slowly alter it without notice for what it was originally supposed to be, its senseless to have a game to big with such a small community behind it because 90% of them were driven off by beta release.