Why resub?

XKentX

I am one of the guys that joined DU on beta launch so my account is expiring at 26/12 (initial 3 months + 1 free month)

I was expecting the next patch to be like something that makes sense for you to actually pay for another 3 months of... doing QA...

Let alone content I like that is completely ignored (PVP - it doesn't matter is it cube or S core or L core, there is still 0 motivation). I don't see any content for any game play type in this patch.

The factories thingy, it's not content it's just train skills, put that schematic thing into it, forget about it.

I thought they gonna add something so they can like launch PR campaign to get new dudes, convince old ones to get back etc but what would they put at the banner now?

"Come back to DU, if you lose your internet connection you now lose you ship!" that's why people should pay another 21$ ? 

What do you think ?

I'm on the camp of "it now makes sense for me to specialize in making my own niche of stuff", because everyone won't be able to make everything they need now. I can now build the few specfici parts that are used in the blueprints I'll be offering, and the spares go on the market, woo!

I think it's an overreaction stemming from actually having to interact with people now, in an MMO.

That said
, bugs and disconnects that cause crashes will definitely be more salty. Buuuuut in theory if your ship keeps moving you should be able to use an ECU to keep your ship flying until you get back into your seat on login? In theory? If you have the right ECU to keep flying or stopping depending on circumstances? I dunno, yet to be seen.

11 minutes ago, Megaddd said:

I'm on the camp of "it now makes sense for me to specialize in making my own niche of stuff", because everyone won't be able to make everything they need now. I can now build the few specfici parts that are used in the blueprints I'll be offering, and the spares go on the market, woo!

I think it's an overreaction stemming from actually having to interact with people now, in an MMO.

That said
, bugs and disconnects that cause crashes will definitely be more salty. Buuuuut in theory if your ship keeps moving you should be able to use an ECU to keep your ship flying until you get back into your seat on login? In theory? If you have the right ECU to keep flying or stopping depending on circumstances? I dunno, yet to be seen.

So you say "You can't build now what you could before" is the catch phrase getting people back ?

It's cool you want to specialize, just kinda worrying if you have anyone to sell your stuff to.

46 minutes ago, XKentX said:

I don't see any content for any game play type in this patch.

This is just reality of NQ moving relativly slow. 2020 window for anything new already closed. Now only quick fixes to incoming patch and thats its, Christmas time.

• Next big thing probably feb-march (I hope asteroids, because by that time "ore riots" will go up).
  • Then -- april/may, "real" PvP patch, some new elements and energy.
  • Summer NQ probably spend in horrible torment to at last produce some sort of atmo/territory PvP (as Blaze likes to say -- facing sins of their techincal debt) to have it for "release".
  • "Release"? Depending on previous NQ progress -- late aug - october, november in case of critical problems. Futher delay unlikely -- money.

+ some minor things in between for builders, lua people and other stuff like this.

Totaly my speculation, but based on observations how NQ works.

2 hours ago, XKentX said:

So you say "You can't build now what you could before" is the catch phrase getting people back ?

It's cool you want to specialize, just kinda worrying if you have anyone to sell your stuff to.

Yeah it's an unpopular patch now, but I see where they're coming from. Sure if you got used to being self-sufficient and being able to build large warping ships with just a small band of friends, then this patch will be a huge blow, because that was never the intention the way I see it. They want to build a 'civilization', and for people to interact more. I see people getting burnt out in droves at first, but in the long term this may have been a necessary evil.

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of this patch, I just don't see the big deal some people are making out of it. Yeah, game's changing, it's meant to do that in a Beta.
Had they done this balance from the beginning people would not have gotten used to it and having Large engines would've actually meant something impactful, instead of being the go-to element for pretty much everything. Now it feels like something's being taken away and it feels bad.

Sorry if I don't feel offended by this patch, but that's just my honest opinion.

I joined the game on 24th of Sept.  They have very generously given me an extra month too.  

Whilst I'm frightened by the new patch I definitely believe its necessary.  I also believe that the game will need more massive rebalance patches in the future especially once PvP gets going.

The way I see it the game is still in an alpha state.  Its been sold as beta so people have beta expectations.  IMO it wont be out of alpha until territory atmo warfare is launched. Which if le-souriceau post is right wont be for 7 or 8 months.  That is when I think a lot of players would return or join for the 1st time.  I don't think there is much point getting people back before then.  To sum up, the player base has dropped because people were sold beta but got alpha, so no point getting them back until its in a beta state.  Lets hop the money does not run out before then  :)

Much of this unpopularity comes from the fact that it tips the scale towards the orgs that got away Scott free with exploits and abuses like container linking, duping and other mechanics that weren’t intended. 

now the ores are gone, the mega corps have billions in the bank to buy their magic potions with and worst of all:

all the money they pay for those potions disappears into the bot-riddled aether. 

not a single ℏ goes goes back into the economy to drive or support the suppliers of those schematics (who would have researched them and sold them) as it should in “real life.”

again. It’s not the system they’ve introduced per se.. It’s the system that has suddenly put a speed limit on a race where all the big players had already got themselves ten laps ahead by riding a bicycle while the referees looked the other way. 

allowing big orgs to keep all the warp drives and all the AGGs and even the warp beacons that they have made is just poor adjudication. 

I will admit I was wrong...seriously: there is just so much disparity in this game now that for the first time since the almost maliciously misnamed “beta” started, only a wipe can fix the it Devore this new system sets those disparities up as unassailable barriers to new entrants. 

The only way forward is for a wipe... Talents should stay, since many are paying for them, but they now need to wipe everything else and the planets should be respawned with materials...

If that is too much, then at least wipe all bank accounts, containers and all deployed elements. Warp beacons, TCUs 
and any  elements such as warp drives, AGGs and territory scanners should also be cleared to level the playing field now that most of the exploits have been found and fixed (or at least mitigated)...
Give every player 100k per day they've played the game in way of "compensation" to pay for a few schematics.

If they want to be "generous" let orgs keep all their cores and voxel constructs, just strip out the elements... 

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

The only way forward is for a wipe... Talents should stay, since many are paying for them, but they now need to wipe everything else and the planets should be respawned with materials...

If that is too much, then at least wipe all bank accounts, containers and all deployed elements. Warp beacons, TCUs 
and any  elements such as warp drives, AGGs and territory scanners should also be cleared to level the playing field now that most of the exploits have been found and fixed (or at least mitigated)...
Give every player 100k per day they've played the game in way of "compensation" to pay for a few schematics.

If they want to be "generous" let orgs keep all their cores and voxel constructs, just strip out the elements... 

A general wipe definitely isn't the solution, i could imagine them doing a soft-wipe at some point, that means only removing T2+ elements in storages and quanta, while leaving the rest untouched. But even that would be a stretch.

1 hour ago, UnclePaulie said:

Lol they arent wiping. So many people that have no clue how things Work. Keep dreaming though that you have all the answers.

Things can change very quickly.  Never say never.  I heard JC (in Markee Dragon interview) saying he thought they would probably make one side of Alioth open to PvP and one side safe to allow fighting on the fringes.  One week later its announced that the entire 3 planets will stay in their safe zone.  The thing is, if they really need to wipe they might do it.

I’m sure they won’t wipe. They said they wouldn’t. So I very much doubt they will. 

but just like they didn’t need to wipe industry to completely destroy it, they could easily do something equivalent. 

like when Elite had a hyperinflation bug and exploit fest and all the exploiters became billionaires, they just brought out a new currency for the new wave of content effectively rendering the initial currency obsolete and moot. 

2 hours ago, UnclePaulie said:

Lol they arent wiping. So many people that have no clue how things Work. Keep dreaming though that you have all the answers.

UlclePubie as usual just condescendingly assumes that I think they will wipe and that I know how things Work (with a capital W, not a small w) so he clearly Means What He Says.

As I said, I very much doubt there will be a wipe and I don’t want a wipe because I’ve put too much effort into this game. 

But I still believe it’s the only way to be fair to those who weren’t able to exploit the games earlier programming mistakes that were left to run for months despite placing tickets in. 

and then NQ say they will “punish” people who use the exploits. Only they didn’t. 

And then they go and ban a player for their own RDMS fuckup. 

I don’t want a wipe, and I know they won’t give billions of credits to those who didn’t exploit the system in compensation, or wipe, thus I very much doubt they will expand much beyond the few hundred players they still have left paying and playing daily. 

200x$7 per month is about enough money for a part-time tea-lady. 

2 hours ago, vylqun said:

A general wipe definitely isn't the solution, i could imagine them doing a soft-wipe at some point, that means only removing T2+ elements in storages and quanta, while leaving the rest untouched. But even that would be a stretch.

Interesting, I also originally added  the T2+ But in my message, basically what you’re saying. But I edited it out as too arbitrary. If they wipe they’ll likely wipe it all rather than on a tier by tier basis. 

but doubt there will be a wipe again. 
If there is I’ll not be coming back. I only came back because JC said several times there wouldn’t be another wipe. 

unfortunatley for me, I can’t see any way that incoming players will be able to enjoy this game to its fullest in a world without resources held hostage by massive orgs built in cheats and exploits (redundant phrase actually, since cheats ARE exploits). 

but I probably just lack vision. There’s likely a solution to be had somewhere out there. 

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

but doubt there will be a wipe again. 
If there is I’ll not be coming back. I only came back because JC said several times there wouldn’t be another wipe. 

thats why i only included items in the storage, deployed constructs should remain untouched. Ofc you would have the same problem as in the alpha, when there were L-cores of pures standing around, but it would still severly reduce the amount of high tier stuff on the server

16 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Much of this unpopularity comes from the fact that it tips the scale towards the orgs that got away Scott free with exploits and abuses like container linking, duping and other mechanics that weren’t intended. 

now the ores are gone, the mega corps have billions in the bank to buy their magic potions with and worst of all:

all the money they pay for those potions disappears into the bot-riddled aether. 

not a single ℏ goes goes back into the economy to drive or support the suppliers of those schematics (who would have researched them and sold them) as it should in “real life.”

again. It’s not the system they’ve introduced per se.. It’s the system that has suddenly put a speed limit on a race where all the big players had already got themselves ten laps ahead by riding a bicycle while the referees looked the other way. 

allowing big orgs to keep all the warp drives and all the AGGs and even the warp beacons that they have made is just poor adjudication. 

I will admit I was wrong...seriously: there is just so much disparity in this game now that for the first time since the almost maliciously misnamed “beta” started, only a wipe can fix the it Devore this new system sets those disparities up as unassailable barriers to new entrants. 

I made about 20 agg M, dozens of S, 10 warpdrives/day for the last 2 months and started 6 beacons.

I play economy solo.

Stop blaming "big orgs" for your incompetence

I don't care about schematics, it is not content.

7 minutes ago, XKentX said:

I play economy solo.

Stop blaming "big orgs" for your incompetence

If only more people around here would not overly worry about the economic strength or capacity of others. Worrying about how much money another guy has never does help our situation.

Besides, things can change in a single moment, as one giga-factory owner found out, the hard way, in the recent past.

Things can change, you can lose stuff you can gain stuff. That's economy.

You buy shares, you can lose or win.

You invest in industry, you can lose you can win.

Making money before was easy if you are capable of logical thinking. Digging is never a high pay job.

Most people click the left mouse button and expect to be billionaires.  That's not how it works.

My point is that economy in the game works fine. The rest doesn't.