NQ - You're doing it wrong.

Mordgier

1 minute ago, UnclePaulie said:

Worlds Adrift will continue developing, and keep going. With or without you.

You know how many times I heard the above when I was losing my mind about the patch notes in Worlds Adrift? 

The reason I'm so doom and gloom is because this feels all too much like groundhog day.

Just now, UnclePaulie said:

So we got a 50/50 shot that DU succeeds? 

Depends on how many more accounts you are willing to buy. Get enough and you can come here and say I AM the community and reply with your alt account to your other alt accounts....

2 minutes ago, UnclePaulie said:

We can continue this conversation in a year and half when offical release is announced.

I'd love to - but I won't know which random made up forum name you'll be posting under at that point....

But I promise I'll check in before the servers go down to quote some of my old posts to stroke my ego.

3 minutes ago, UnclePaulie said:

I mean, are you trying to insinuate that having alts is a bad thing?  Because like, If you want to know who I am you can just ask.  If you really care. 

Game alts I don't care about - forum alts that you create for ban evasion are a whole different matter.

4 hours ago, UnclePaulie said:

I'm not hiding I got banned til Christmas.

1 hour ago, UnclePaulie said:

I guess. But a couple people seem to make a big deal about it. I was suspended on my main for 30 days for saying the F word.  But I pay for multiple accounts so I have a right to post on any of my accounts, as much as I please.  I do find it comical that they think its some kind of "dig" to accuse someone of "hiding" their identity, but yet, I dont know who they are or if their forum name matches any of their ingame names. Nor do I even care. 

so, you're admitting you (the person) have been banned from this forum, but you are continuing to post anyway?

you don't see that as a violation of ToS?

you, and all your accounts, should be permabanned for flagrant violation of your current ban.

as I said earlier, you are a troll, I also suspect you're toxic, and I'm sure the community would be better off without you.

in case of any doubt 'Johnny', if that is you...

You,” “Your” or “the User” refers to the person who uses or visits Our Website.

If you thought forum bans related to fictional entities that have no legal status then I suggest you seek professional psychiatric help. 

If, on the other hand, you think NQ's rules just don't apply to you, then a 'member of the community' is not what you are.

At least not a respectable one whose word should mean anything. 

12 minutes ago, UnclePaulie said:

I have the right to log into any account I own.

You're not wrong.

But it's also not unprecedented on other sites to ban people's alt accounts for evading bans on their main.

So...yeah. I guess we're going to see what NQ thinks in this case.

Meh, let's get back to the topic. Who cares if Johnny is evading some forum rule because they used *gasp* profanity? Not gonna be a forum cop. Granted, I have read Johnny's posts...prolly a bit more involved than just the "f word", lol. 

At this point I think it is really clear that the community at large isn't a fan of these updates. Even the normally "let's just post pictures of the stuff we're making" reddit community is not happy, overall.

The community is making its voice clear-- now the question is if NQ will react in any way. 

Even a simple post saying "we know some people aren't happy with these changes and are keeping an open mind as we experiment with the game balance and carefully monitor these changes" would go a long way. They should have posted that everywhere as soon as the negative reactions started to roll in. "Calm down, we're listening". 

As always, it isn't just the game design decisions NQ is making...it is the poor communication and perception that they don't really care to understand the player experience. 

I understand that the players progression needed to be nerfed, but that's not a nerf, now you need to prostitute yourself to have enough money to buy a floor lamp schematic.

I came to this game from StarCitizen because it was over bugged...now I'm leaving DU because this patch sucks

6 hours ago, Mornington said:

Yes - JC popping in DU chat on Thursday is what I just heard

I can't wait to watch him answer none of the hard questions just like during the live stream.

Ask him if he's ever mined out a mega node or built a mega factory before deciding that it was too easy to do....good luck.

I am totally disappointed from this new industry system. That is not the way i want to play. It doesn't feel like a sandbox anymore because i have to run to an NPC to by a blueprint for every single item.

I am okay with trading, but i don't like to run from market to market to buy all the components at a good price for my experimental T1 ship.

I could understand if NQ did this for T3-T5. If they really want that player working together on one factory, why not adding the possibility that every player can link there own resource container to the factory and "paying" the taken produced components with there resources?

This game makes no fun anymore for me in this current state.

I like building stuff. And I really like the programming part as well.

The game was getting tedious trying to produce everything myself. So now I mine, sell, and buy. Progress has been decent I'd say.. I now have a nice small hauler (only 50T or so) but that feels like reasonable progress for three months of casual play.

Off course I dream of having a big battleship one day, but I got the feeling that that path was relatively straight-forward from here on. And I don't like straight-forward. Now I don't know how I'll progress toward that end-game goal, but I have to say I'm glad I no longer have the feeling I could easily get there if I'd just train the talents and and sacrifice two weeks of vacation time for grinding.

I don't know where this will go. But I like that they are experimenting. That might make for a better game on release.

As a statistician, I'd really love to get some insight in the data behind the choices they make at NQ. They must have some really interesting data-science going on..