NQ - You're doing it wrong.

Mordgier

You're well on the path of going the way of Worlds Adrift.

You want to nerf industry because everyone is building their own 'Iphone' - fine - what are they going to do instead? What else is there to do instead? 

You want to add element destruction? Great - I'm with you. It needs to happen. But maybe just maybe pairing it with the removal of the Alt-F4 mechanic, removal of Discord support and on top of that nerfing production isn't the best idea? 

You think mining is too easy? Grea.....wait what....what? WHAT?! Have you mined in DU? How much? Look, ask anyone who has filled a 10L hub every two nights, there is nothing 'easy' about mining. It's boring. It's tedious. It's concentrated drudgery and one of the primary reasons I don't play DU anymore - but what it is not is 'easy' and never even in my most drunken state (and I admit I sure didn't mine sober) did I think that "Hey maybe if I couldn't link to my 10L hub mining would be better!" . In fact, when linking was broken, I just didn't play the game. 

Just the fact that JC thinks that linking is the issue with mining - not literally everything else - makes me lose all faith in his judgment. Of all the things wrong with mining - linking isn't  one of them. Nor is the lack  of "mining hazards"...

The community has over and over and over asked for constructs that can mine - empyrion style - give us drills we can put on hovers - give even bigger giant drills we can put on stationary constructs. Give us anything besides handmining because 'easy' it's not - it's at least 7th level of hell grade tedium - and 9th if you have to deal with phantom nodes and pending operations. Unless of course you take my approach, get drunk and watch netflix so that the next day you forget about how hellish mining for 6 hours straight was.

Unfortunately I've remembered enough of those nights over time to stop logging in to DU...and the upcoming changes and theroycrafting about the future of mining have made it extremely clear that JC does not play DU either...he may goof around in his castle - but he sure hasn't built a mega factory nor has he mined the ore to get the resources to build his giant fortress if he thinks all those things are too easy...

Seriously - JC just logs in - looks at all the stuff others built and his take away is that mining and mega factories are too easy? It took us weeks of drudgery......I can't even...

Edit: Also - cores not repairable?! Masterstroke....

1 minute ago, DarkAster said:

Time will tell but you might be onto something. If they remove industry. What is going to replace gamplay loop for me. Flying to and even more overcrowded market and have 5 to 10 computer crashes?

We didn't start out with the idea of building a megafactory in DU.

We wanted to PvP - but it was awful - so we decided to play the game that we got even if it wasn't what we really wanted. 

We build up our industry. With all the hell that is - with the awful hundreds of transfer units, system errors, horrific lag when you whip out the link tool and it took weeks.....as in about 8 weeks total.

Of those 8 weeks I spent basically all of them underground constantly mining to keep the factory producing the factory....

When wrecks got added - I figured I'll log back in and do something besides mining - flew around - found nothing all night. Logged out. Haven't logged in since.

I'm not sure you understand what "easy" means, it has nothing to do with tediousness. The opposite of "easy" is "hard", the opposite of "tedious" is "fun". Mining is currently both easy (literally clicking a button) and tedious

3 minutes ago, Shynras said:

I'm not sure you understand what "easy" means, it has nothing to do with tediousness. The opposite of "easy" is "hard", the opposite of "tedious" is "fun". Mining is currently both easy (literally clicking a button) and tedious

If you are willing to describe mining as easy, please get me 10L of chromite, we're running low.  It is easy right? 

Ps, that L isn't liters. It's L containers. 

To be fair towards JC mining in and of itself IS stupidly easy. Find node, dig to node, click for however long, rinse and repeat. What the problem is, is not that it is EASY but that it is tedious and boring as all hell and that there are limited other things to do. And this patch will likely have a negitive impact on those even without major changes to mining to start with.

PvP is borked and now ammo will be T3+ and likey cost millions meaning only orgs will have access to them intially and we all know it will be unlikely MOST regular peasants will get to participate beyond mining the resources for the "main teams".

Industry will be kneecapped so you have nothing else to do as managing one or two lines is not hard or time consumeing and only mega industrialists like alieoth market 17 guy will have large lines at first.

Ship parts are at least for the first while going to EXPLODE in price as everyone scrambles to get factorys produceing making produceing even small ships iffy unless you can spend 9-12 hours a day mining or have an entire org backing your projects (which 99% of us wont) so ship building is out and its likely ships beyond XS and S will be unobtanium for many and nearly imposible to maintain unless prices come down which is not assured, How many times have you seen a handful of players setting the price as high as they can in other mmos?. Hell even fuel will likely cost a fortune now as most fuel requires T2+ materials in large amounts. This combined with the pvp changes is likely going to kill pvp for a while beyond those who could afford it to begin with.

Building buildings will be avalible but same as ship parts it sounds most decoritive elements will explode in price and at least for this patch individual honeycomb to make nice interiors will skyrocket in price or be unobtanium for individuals or small groups meaning building will be limited at best.

Travel is likely going to die beyond org mining trips or for the rich. I cant see a warp cell line being less then 75 to 100 million which is going to EXPLODE the price of cells at least at first and its unlikely they will come down for a while. And MOST of us only get 1-2 hours a day to play at best. So interplanitary travel is going to be out for the most part, unless again your in an org that can take shifts to slowboat or your willing to risk your ship being idle in the pvp zone.

While i try to give NQ the benefit of the doubt and try to be optimistic in general...a lot of these changes are going to kill off small groups and individuals and even large orgs are going to suffer huge attrition rates for a long while after this patch at BEST. Afterall if stuff like ships and ammo are moronicly expensive then only your inner circles in most orgs are likely going to get to pilot ships and only your best builders are going to get resources to build. Everyone else will likely be mining serfs.

If you add mining nerfs without a full support system to make money ontop of that.....well i cant see things going well for the game long term and it worries me.

5 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

If you are willing to describe mining as easy, please get me 10L of chromite, we're running low.  It is easy right? 

Ps, that L isn't liters. It's L containers. 

Yes it is easy, it may take a long time, be tedious, still remains an easy activity that only require you to follow the scanner and click a button. Open a dictionary and go look what "easy" means because you still don't get it :D

1 minute ago, Shynras said:

Yes it is easy, it may take a long time, be tedious, still remains an easy activity that only require you to follow the scanner and click a button. Open a dictionary and go look what "easy" means because you still don't get it :D

I am waiting for the 10L containers of chromite. I will even meet you at the market of your choice. 

The act of mining may seem easy to you, but making yourself mine sure isn't.

Ah worlds adrift man I loved that game. It could have been truly great. When my buddy and I started Dual Universe we said to each other this is kind of like the feeling of awesome potential Worlds Adrift had. Down the line we are now saying to each other I hope this doesn't end up like worlds adrift did. Because not listening to the community is not the step to go.

My small organization miners myself included were not happy with the Q&A we do not want linking gone etc. Mining vehicles would be awesome, something needs to be done to make mining more enjoyable not just locate a node mindlessly click it and find ways to transport it. 

You dont need to be a genious to understand that playing factorio /satisfactory where miners are real people is not going to work.The game is so lacking of content that the little available is behind obvious walls of grind.To fix it the developers rush to build addittional walls . If this trend continues the game will fail. Developers should focus in adding content not more walls to hide the lack of content.

The only way to enjoy long term is to build pretty or industries, so they plan to make it harder to extend the duration of the content with more mining, something that industry guys like me won't do. There are people who do not like the industry that came for the rest of the promised experience, they are willing to do some chores but their patience will fade away as soon as they discover that there is nothing to do.

They will mine, build a ship the size of their patience and then leave.

If WA was still alive I probably wouldn't be playing this game.

And the only reason WA is gone is because they had no realistic revenue stream such as subscriptions.

Flush out content first. Then figure out how resource gathering should be balanced. Every single time I watch a video about PvP I am thinking to myself "who finds this fun?" And there is no PvE either. Unless you count digging holes in the ground. Which I don't.

If Novaquark really wants people to make cool designs with no purpose just subsidize Maya subscriptions in favor of playing this game. Their software is a billion times better at 3D modeling than the voxelmancy this game demands.

Hey we should count ourselves lucky.  We got to play all of DU in just a few months.   When NQ is done it'll take years of dedicated play by a tram of players to reach these dizzying heights.

Feels like  they're forgetting to make a fun game in this quest to build a civilization simulator.  I liked space minecraft.   Whatever NQ is trying to make sounds far worse.

I think I might just come back to DU when there is a fully functioning civilization in place. Because building one sure as hell sounds a lot like a job now and not much like a game I’d choose to pay to play. 

Mine more so you can buy less. Sell to those who control the markets for a pittance. Then Rely on bots to sell magical slave potions at exorbitant prices to power the Ars Industria controlled by the mega corps. 

sound like the plot to the movie Brazil... or just real life in a few years’ time. And we all know how much fun that’ll be. 

jeezus the Bladerunner phrase “More real than real” just got really real. 

1 hour ago, UnclePaulie said:

Beta games aren't for everyone.  Come back at release and if its a game you like, sub. If not, don't.

That's a pretty shitty attitude man. But you're right, betas aren't for everyone and i feel they aren't for you. you seem to be misunderstanding what betas testers do.

Quiet the opposite actually rofl. this is a objectively bad idea and ignoring customers will make them want to leave. He's been here since alpha, the dude probably gives so much feedback but gets ignored. I'm bailing too if this patch goes through. CP2077 is coming out anyway...I hope enough people remain to pay for the servers to stay up. Legit a lot of people think this is a BAD decision. If they ignore our opinions (as beta testers) why should we stay? They are only going to keep doing it. We offered ideas to combat the issues but they don't wanna consider them. Oh well

@UnclePaulie “Betas aren’t for everyone.” Condescending, much?

How about ditching the passive-aggressive and just saying it like it is: this game’s new direction is not for everyone. 

That was always a risk I’m 100% prepared to take every time I back a project. As a kickstarter/ Indiegogo backer who has also backed independent projects to the tune of >$25,000 over the last seven years, with virtually no failures so far, I’m well aware of what a beta is, thank you very much. 

I backed this game initially but have not put another dollar into it beyond the two contributer packs (gold or whatever they were called) back in 2016/2017 or something.  

I found this game fun and have probably got my money’s worth (about 1000 hours played for less than $1000 is a bargain in my book)

so I’m quite happy to say to DU: “Thanks for the fun. Good luck and maybe see you again if things turn out how I want and envisaged.”

Finally, considering every single game I’ve ever played since I got my first proper gaming PC rig in 2013 I first played as an alpha or a beta (without exception) I’d say you are dead wrong. 

The problem is not just ignoring the player base but always trying to fix issues from the wrong end. This is just another example. NQ realized that players don't use the markets as much as expected (this is the good part). But instead of fixing the markets they are nerfing the industry (and maybe even mining if I read the previous posts correctly). That's an awful idea. Fixing the industry because the industry is broken would be OK. But it is actually is one of the very few working gameplay loops. Yes, there is a small chance that both, the industry and the markets will be saved. But it is more likely to lose both and in the result a lot of players. Good luck with civilisation-building without a population.