END OF THE WORLD PVP Event debrief

SpiceRub

Thanks to everyone who attended the END OF THE WORLD PVP event.

The purpose of this event was to gather the population of DU for a mass-brawl before the upcoming changes. 
Unfortunately, there weren't that many attendees so in the end the field was largely dominated by BOO.
Larger alliances such as the AC did not attend for their own reasons. 

At the beginning there were 66 targets on screen, less than I had anticipated however the server still seemed pretty well alive and kicking which was great to see (Yes I was hoping it'd blow up lol).

There were apparently even fireworks set off by NQ which I haven't even personally noticed.

There were plenty of greyed out ships out there, what happened to them, I personally am unsure. REDA were collecting wrecks off the field.

Thank you to everyone that came, I hope you got a good taste of a large scale operation, may such things still be possible in the future, come this update. 

In the end, the BOO large core Decadence rammed into a ship owned by atom, most amazing total ship explosion you've probably ever seen in DU ?
https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticElegantPlumageBIRB

Untitled13413.jpg

Nice action, even if (relativly predictably) one-sided because of number/hardware/experiece of BOO crews. It was fun to observe and report (from golden comforts of Eye of Decadence -- pure pleasure). 

Yet I think to extent BOO overkilled "balance" even futher, by bringing to field pretty unnessesary opportunistic allies, already being clear favorite in context of AC mostly skipped. I get political dimension, but in terms of "pure sport" perspecitve -- it somewhat reduced quality of action. And left me (to be honest) a bit conflicted.

Who I salute most: small, indy or new to PvP forces, that dared to actualy fight (and often risked heavy damage and destruction in battle that had little chances to win).

Ones like crew of EMP Nightfury, who gone blazing in forlorn hope charge against Eye of Decadence. Death before dishonour.

EolkX_8W4Ag5BMe?format=png&name=small

True heroes.

Spoiler

Well, I started to gather "historical" gallery (as promised), yet I'm in severe need of more screenshots from participants. So I appreciete any help in gathering them. Ideally with basic context -- faction, ship name, captain, situation (if something happening on screenshot).

With new arriving screenshots I will be extending story.

https://dupress.wixsite.com/newmeroviachronicle/post/end-of-world-pvp-event-gallery-wip

Didn't get any screenshots, i was there in the various silver named ships making nuisance passes mostly on the Decadence since was easiest thing to lock on to, only small weapons manned by an alt don't think people woulda even noticed the hits ?

Hardest thing was digging through the list of ships to find the one i wanted to engage, seriously needs a filter option.

17 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Didn't get any screenshots, i was there in the various silver named ships making nuisance passes mostly on the Decadence since was easiest thing to lock on to, only small weapons manned by an alt don't think people woulda even noticed the hits ?

Hardest thing was digging through the list of ships to find the one i wanted to engage, seriously needs a filter option.

UberToupee >:)