Dec 7 Twitch Q&A - Let's Discuss!

NQ-Naunet

40 minutes ago, Backer-79428 said:

Concerns

If the markets aren't mature enough to support these changes you're going to create dead ends  as parts simply won't be available.  

Suggestion:

To avoid this consider "omni schematics" that could be used for a given tier to build a small amount of anything.  These would have a very limited run and would expire on a given date if not used  A small number  could be seeded in players nanopacks.  They could not be sold or transfered.

It would avoid people quitting in frustration while waiting for markets to be seeded.   Especially on planets farther from population centers.   Worst case scenario individuals would operate as we currently are for a limited number of item runs.

Markets will be instantly seeded you will not like the prices though.

12 hours ago, Helios77 said:

I liked the game before, but with this last update, I do not like the way the game is going. We do not wish to grind endlessly to build our creations.  My corporation members and I will no longer support this game.  Good luck to you.

then make money and buy the items instead of buying the schematic for every single part and chugging on brainlessly like you were before the patch. 

you CAN'T have an omni factory.   you can't make everything yourself.   make a few things in bulk.   sell them. and buy the rest.

you can even ask higher prices now because only a small percentage of players will be crafting things (like it was ment to be) 

On 12/11/2020 at 8:06 AM, Darkracer125 said:

then make money and buy the items instead of buying the schematic for every single part and chugging on brainlessly like you were before the patch. 

you CAN'T have an omni factory.   you can't make everything yourself.   make a few things in bulk.   sell them. and buy the rest.

you can even ask higher prices now because only a small percentage of players will be crafting things (like it was ment to be) 

And that is exactly the problem.  I don't want to be an org slave.  I don't want to become the worlds best Advanced LED manufacturer.  I do find exploring ED's 400 Billion stars to be a draw vs. the dozen'ish planets in DU. 

Lets look at a bit of what was promised in the original roadmap (JC YouTube, August 8th, 2018):

Alpha 1 (Nov 2018):  Craft your components:  produce the interactive components you need for your bases and ships.  Today:  Specialize and make a few components.

Alpha 2 (1H19):  Become an industrialist:  setup factories to mass produce vehicles for you, your friends or sell them on the market.   Today:  Specialize and make a few components.  Note the 1st person in the original description.  Not "Join and org and...".

Alpha 2 (1H19):  Set-up your own markets and trading centers, become a mogul and build a trade empire.  Today:  Economy feature for Release in 2021 along with Economy Specialization at Release.  Original feature pushed to Post Release.

Beta (1H20):  Galaxy:  reach for the stars, discover and explore new solar systems.  Today:  Post Release - enjoy some new planets we will release sometime in the future.  All planets will be a hybrid of hand customized (for beauty) and proceeduralized (for bulk).  Hand customization means discovery will only be those those planets NQ releases.  No galaxy, no 400 Billion Stars - just a few dozen planets as time permits.

Others have called it as I see it:  The game is evolving from a sandbox to a micromanaged economy simulator, and in so doing, is losing the interest of a lot of its original backers.  Add to that a horrible Customer Service experience (never good, worse since Beta release), lack of communication from NQ (although they repeatedly have promised to do better), information leaks, failure to fix basic bugs/game stability, shutting down API's that allowed us to see actual player counts, refusal to wipe and level set, half-baked undos of patches that primarily benefit the orgs, etc. and its just been too much.  Now with the streamers disappearing (a very bad sign), it just feels like this potentially great game is in a death spiral.

The game needs STRONG leadership, the type of strength that shows vision, the willingness to admit errors and LISTEN to the player base, to go forward with transparency, to acknowledged fixing things is simply counter-productive (think about all the cores that have been replaced due to 0.23, then a week later no longer needing to be replaced - it could take them weeks to analyze logs and give them back, presuming such players had space available, doing something else if not (e.g. all the problems that people exploited or were victims off)) and wiping instead, and an understanding that original direction promised in the early days is what got them the funding they have - changing the game direction is probably not in their best interest.

I continue to watch (play a little) and unfortunately continue to be disappointed.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:58 PM, NQ-Naunet said:

Hi everyone! ❤️ 

I promised I'd be in here to answer questions, but the list grew A LOT! I'm having the entire team pick at the questions to ensure I'm delivering the best answers. :) (Just so you know why I'm delayed.)

NQ-Pann is in the process of writing a stream recap as well, so please be on the lookout for that in the coming days.

?

6 hours ago, Pleione said:

And that is exactly the problem.  I don't want to be an org slave.  I don't want to become the worlds best Advanced LED manufacturer.  I do find exploring ED's 400 Billion stars to be a draw vs. the dozen'ish planets in DU. 

Lets look at a bit of what was promised in the original roadmap (JC YouTube, August 8th, 2018):

Alpha 1 (Nov 2018):  Craft your components:  produce the interactive components you need for your bases and ships.  Today:  Specialize and make a few components.

Alpha 2 (1H19):  Become an industrialist:  setup factories to mass produce vehicles for you, your friends or sell them on the market.   Today:  Specialize and make a few components.  Note the 1st person in the original description.  Not "Join and org and...".

Alpha 2 (1H19):  Set-up your own markets and trading centers, become a mogul and build a trade empire.  Today:  Economy feature for Release in 2021 along with Economy Specialization at Release.  Original feature pushed to Post Release.

Beta (1H20):  Galaxy:  reach for the stars, discover and explore new solar systems.  Today:  Post Release - enjoy some new planets we will release sometime in the future.  All planets will be a hybrid of hand customized (for beauty) and proceeduralized (for bulk).  Hand customization means discovery will only be those those planets NQ releases.  No galaxy, no 400 Billion Stars - just a few dozen planets as time permits.

Others have called it as I see it:  The game is evolving from a sandbox to a micromanaged economy simulator, and in so doing, is losing the interest of a lot of its original backers.  Add to that a horrible Customer Service experience (never good, worse since Beta release), lack of communication from NQ (although they repeatedly have promised to do better), information leaks, failure to fix basic bugs/game stability, shutting down API's that allowed us to see actual player counts, refusal to wipe and level set, half-baked undos of patches that primarily benefit the orgs, etc. and its just been too much.  Now with the streamers disappearing (a very bad sign), it just feels like this potentially great game is in a death spiral.

The game needs STRONG leadership, the type of strength that shows vision, the willingness to admit errors and LISTEN to the player base, to go forward with transparency, to acknowledged fixing things is simply counter-productive (think about all the cores that have been replaced due to 0.23, then a week later no longer needing to be replaced - it could take them weeks to analyze logs and give them back, presuming such players had space available, doing something else if not (e.g. all the problems that people exploited or were victims off)) and wiping instead, and an understanding that original direction promised in the early days is what got them the funding they have - changing the game direction is probably not in their best interest.

I continue to watch (play a little) and unfortunately continue to be disappointed.

Agreed

6 hours ago, Pleione said:

As I said in a different thread just now: NQ doesn't have customers. We're paying a pittance for access, and even the backers weren't that big of a percentage. NQ is only doing this for their investors. We are nothing. NQ has been toying with us from the beginning, and we really should wise up to it and find other games to play.