Where to go for info

Osyraa

I heard recently theres a ground pvp update coming soon and I was wondering what resource I should use to see all announcements and information from novaquark. Im assuming theres a specific discord channel or forum area where they post all announcements and update notes.

Additionally, Im wondering what the details on this ground pvp is going to be. Thanks

Ground PVP is not due for another 6-8 months at least. Where did you get the idea that it may be "soon" (tm)?

The coming update will add the three space PVP items which have now been well discussed:

Better cross section calculation

radar lock range same across radar sizes

weapon limitations based on core size

On top of that I expect NQ will bring in the industry changes JC spoke of several times which in effect will make industry a _lot_ harder to get into for new players while probably leaving existing mega factories intact. 

And then there is the perma damage and maneuver took changes as well as the blueprint changes and the changes to how a construct recovers from a disconnect discussed in the two devblogs we have already seen and a handful of other changes.

In general I expect NQ will pretty much make the game harder to get into and make it harder to progress to slow "us" down as we are outpacing their ability to bring in new "stuff". The nerf for industry will be severe and will be quickly countered by especially the existing user base by going for smaller, more specialized industry in bigger numbers instead of singe "do-it-all" mega factories. The multitiered production may also be part of this update but I am not sure at all how that will pan out as the majority of players wil be fine with "the basic stuff" with the higher tier elements more geared towards PVP use (i think)

And that is it, next up (in about 3-4) months will be power management and probably reiteration of the changes brought in on the coming patch. Territory warfare may come in next, so 6-8 months and I believe that to not be an unreasonable assumption since we know NQ has not even started their initial implementation of Territory warfare yet (as they have said themselves)

So no, ground PVP wil not arrive anytime soon as I see it. By the time that comes we'll be close to summer and it will be interesting to see how NQ thinks they can go from there to get all the other stuff in and fix all the core bugs and performance issues still present before going gold for release in 10 months from now allowing for 1-2 months of final tweaks.

Current dev blogs on next patch are in the announcement section of this forum

November Devblog: Construct Intellectual Protection & Blueprint Duplication - Rules & Announcements - Dual Universe (dualthegame.com)

November DevBlog 2: Element Destruction - Rules & Announcements - Dual Universe (dualthegame.com)

November DevBlog 3: The Maneuver Tool and Disconnecting Ships! - Rules & Announcements - Dual Universe (dualthegame.com)

28 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Ground PVP is not due for another 6-8 months at least. Where did you get the idea that it may be "soon" (tm)?

The coming update will add the three space PVP items which have now been well discussed:

On top of that I expect NQ will bring in the industry changes JC spoke of several times which in effect will make industry a _lot_ harder to get into for new players while probably leaving existing mega factories intact. 

And then there is the perma damage and maneuver took changes as well as the blueprint changes and the changes to how a construct recovers from a disconnect discussed in the two devblogs we have already seen and a handful of other changes.

In general I expect NQ will pretty much make the game harder to get into and make it harder to progress to slow "us" down as we are outpacing their ability to bring in new "stuff". The nerf for industry will be severe and will be quickly countered by especially the existing user base by going for smaller, more specialized industry in bigger numbers instead of singe "do-it-all" mega factories. The multitiered production may also be part of this update but I am not sure at all how that will pan out as the majority of players wil be fine with "the basic stuff" with the higher tier elements more geared towards PVP use (i think)

And that is it, next up (in about 3-4) months will be power management and probably reiteration of the changes brought in on the coming patch. Territory warfare may come in next, so 6-8 months and I believe that to not be an unreasonable assumption since we know NQ has not even started their initial implementation of Territory warfare yet (as they have said themselves)

So no, ground PVP wil not arrive anytime soon as I see it. By the time that comes we'll be close to summer and it will be interesting to see how NQ thinks they can go from there to get all the other stuff in and fix all the core bugs and performance issues still present before going gold for release in 10 months from now allowing for 1-2 months of final tweaks.

November Devblog: Construct Intellectual Protection & Blueprint Duplication - Rules & Announcements - Dual Universe (dualthegame.com)

November DevBlog 2: Element Destruction - Rules & Announcements - Dual Universe (dualthegame.com)

November DevBlog 3: The Maneuver Tool and Disconnecting Ships! - Rules & Announcements - Dual Universe (dualthegame.com)

This was extremely helpful thank you! 

A person had PM'd me about it after I posted something somewhere

44 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Do you have a link to the industry changes dev blog?

Could this be why the L cores were bought en-masse?

The industry changes were spoken about by JC during several interviews. He said the plan was to get those in by year's end.

How this will work exactly is as of yet not published on but I expect NQ will keep that close to their chest until the last moment to not ruffle too many feathers or blow up what little of an in game economy their is. As the changes will probably be pretty "controversial" and will put new and solo players at a severe disadvantage over existing mega factories and big orgs NQ may try and spin some of the the changes so they slip in under the radar. Players who have so far benefitted from the loopholes and mistakes NQ made going into beta will probably jump on the "this is not a solo game" bandwagon fairly quickly.

As I still am going on the assumption the patch will roll out in two week on 10th December the industry changes would be posted through a devblog by the end of next week maybe  but most of the ins and outs will not be known until the patch notes arrive I suspect. 

The changes may actually not be bad by themselves to be fair, what makes it skewed is that NQ will probably leave existing industry in place and not touch anything the big orgs have created so far to avoid a riot, creating a "have and have nots" culture in game. It will be interesting to see how they plan to bolt on power management in a few months and how that wil possibly further skew the game against new players. I've said it before and still believe that NQ will not be able to avoid a wipe sometime next year, possibly on the arrival of Territory Warfare as at that time the issue of buried/boxed in TUs will come into play. If TW is to be effective, and if NQ sticks to what they have been saying, to be able to take over a TU and attack bases you need to disable/take over  the TU owned by the org on surrounding tiles to create an pathway to the inner tile. If the TU is underground you simply wil not be able to get to it without digging rights and if it is inside a construct the same applies. Right now, I bury a TU in a double circle around my base tile and it becomes virtually impossible for you to get to me. Big orgs have more than enough money to create a two or even three ring defense around their main base tile and some have already done so.

Forcing players to place TUs on surface will work for new TU placements but NQ can't really force players to move their existing TU so it becomes accessible. That is something they should have realized and addressed before bringing the TU into play and before tagging the requirement to claim a tile to putting down static cores which in itself was one of their knee jerk reactions to player actions in game.

While I am fairly confident I am close to what NQ is planning, it is mostly guesswork based on patterns on how NQ works, patched in the past and what has been said and posted on this over the past weeks so I may be completely wrong here (but don't expect to be).

@blazemonger,

Blaze, I don’t see how they can allow prior existing factories to continue on in cheat mode while expecting new creations to behave the new way. 

that would forever create a “grandfathering” disconnect between them and create two sets of disparate logic to maintain here on out. 

every change would have to be then tested not once but twice against the legacy stuff, too. 

as a former dev, that’s nightmare fuel. 

I fully agree @GraXXoR but I fear NQ will not be willing to go there. I may be wrong and hop I am but frankly, forcing deconstruction of existing installations would for al lintents and purposes equal a wipe and we all know how NQ backed themselves into a corner on that one.

The argument will be "why do we have to suffer the fallout of these changes while others can keep going reeeeeeeeee..".. NQ will likely prefer to no rock that boat and instead just skew the new player's or new industry's abilities to build and grow. It's a pattern we've seen on several fronts and it started the day after the pre-beta wipe when NQ found they made several miscalculations regarding wrecks and market bots which by now have been well documented. NQ should have wiped then and should wipe now but they won't.

My guess is NQ will nerf the progress leading up to industry and add the tiered manufacturing on top. At worst that will mean that for existing installations higher tier items will need to have new industry built but as the first tier industry will be sufficient for pretty much anything and the effort wil not be a consideration for many, the meta wil be forced into using the lower tier anyway making the whole tiered idea superfluous instantly.

The very point of having a wipe option during development stages like this is to make sure the game progression and "playability" get off on an even footing with massive changes that impact and reach into many areas of the game. By, for whatever reason NWQ though it was a good idea, denying themselves the option they pretty much worked themselves into a corner from the get go. And eventually, as I have dais before, they will be forced to wipe anyway.

16 hours ago, DylTheRipper13 said:

I heard recently theres a ground pvp update coming soon and I was wondering what resource I should use to see all announcements and information from novaquark. Im assuming theres a specific discord channel or forum area where they post all announcements and update notes.

Additionally, Im wondering what the details on this ground pvp is going to be. Thanks

JC will be doing a Q&A session, hopefully next week, that will touch on update information! :D 

Odd. 

It is very concerning that these updates seem to be mostly geared toward existing players. Why? Existing players aren't the issue -- they are so diehard they'll keep playing even if the world was literally aflame lol. 

Nerfing industry to make it harder for new players is incredibly counter-productive. 

Frankly, NQ's primary concern right now should be improving the new player experience, because that's literally the only way the game will grow.

If they engineer the game's design around today's niche player base, how will this reduce the churn rate? The beta launch showed how much work there is to be done to fix the new player experience (count those ghost speeders -- there's massive churn) -- with release being <1 year away, the focus should be revamping tutorials, reworking UI to make it more clear/clean for new players, and cleaning up the new player experience overall. 

Who freakin' cares if the diehard players have all the stuffs...? Fix that later or wipe pre-release. The harder it is for new people to "get established", the more the churn. There's a lot more money to be made attracting new players vs. trying to prevent existing ones from churning.

They'll come back after updates if they buy into the core premise/promise -- but they won't come back if they churn after a day of play because they don't believe the game will ever live up to the trailers. 

IMO, this should be a much more urgent thing -- they don't have much time before release based on their dev velocity. 

They need to sit down with a notepad and watch completely new players try the game and set their dev priorities accordingly. That means having the humility and wisdom to take a step back and look at where the game is actually weak instead of trying to push forward with features that won't make the game easier to swallow for new gamers that NQ needs to survive.