If I don't Like it can I get a refund

Guest John

2 hours ago, Guest John said:

I was wondering if I could get a refund if I don't like the game. Because 20$ is a lot to waste if I don't like it.

You could watch my Livestream tonight - I will be giving away another Beta Key (I have already given away 2 keys). Maybe you are lucky and will win :)

To get notified (*shameless advertising*) make sure to subscribe to my YT channel and activate the bell :)

5 hours ago, Robert8945 said:

do they at least have any plans cheaper than 3 months?

Since we players build the world, NQ doesn't want people popping in, cluttering the game, and then leaving. I don't want you doing that either. Watch some videos and live streams and either commit to 3 months or move on to something you like more.

If you like building your own game assets and or setting up complicated factories, you'll like this game. If you're looking for anything else, e.g., combat play, wait a year for them to get stuff sorted out and balanced before you pay for it.

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

Since we players build the world, NQ doesn't want people popping in, cluttering the game, and then leaving. I don't want you doing that either. Watch some videos and live streams and either commit to 3 months or move on to something you like more.

If you like building your own game assets and or setting up complicated factories, you'll like this game. If you're looking for anything else, e.g., combat play, wait a year for them to get stuff sorted out and balanced before you pay for it.

This game should have a trial option (as most paid subscription MMOs do).

Clutter is NQ's issue that they should solve -- there's still a massive graveyard of speeders from all the beta players that played for a day and never came back. That isn't a problem that will go away on its own. The solution to clutter isn't to deter people from trying the game or to filter out those that aren't "serious".

Subscription games don't work very well if everyone on a sub plays hardcore every day. People that "pop in" on occasion are the ideal player demographic for NQ and will pay the bills for the rest of the player-base. 

I get that this will remain as-is for beta...and probably a good idea...but for launch? They need to open things up a lot unless they are actually scared for people to try the game and believe a 3-month minimum is the only way to deal with high churn rates (which...seems plausible). 

56 minutes ago, michaelk said:

This game should have a trial option (as most paid subscription MMOs do).

Clutter is NQ's issue that they should solve -- there's still a massive graveyard of speeders from all the beta players that played for a day and never came back. That isn't a problem that will go away on its own. The solution to clutter isn't to deter people from trying the game or to filter out those that aren't "serious".

Subscription games don't work very well if everyone on a sub plays hardcore every day. People that "pop in" on occasion are the ideal player demographic for NQ and will pay the bills for the rest of the player-base. 

I get that this will remain as-is for beta...and probably a good idea...but for launch? They need to open things up a lot unless they are actually scared for people to try the game and believe a 3-month minimum is the only way to deal with high churn rates (which...seems plausible). 

You can't even imagine what happens if it gets trial/free2play. It like sending a container of shit into the particles collider.

Wanna abuse someone ? Register 20 accounts for free and drop stuff on him, block him etc.

We need GMs even when we have subscription model.

What you do if i put L core wall next to your cool space base in safe zone ?

3 hours ago, XKentX said:

You can't even imagine what happens if it gets trial/free2play. It like sending a container of shit into the particles collider.

Wanna abuse someone ? Register 20 accounts for free and drop stuff on him, block him etc.

We need GMs even when we have subscription model.

What you do if i put L core wall next to your cool space base in safe zone ?

Many trials require a CC to activate -- so that they can sneakily auto-bill as soon as the free time has expired. 

People might have unlimited different emails (thanks gmail aliases), but few have unlimited credit cards or billing addresses. It wouldn't be hard to lock this down to prevent players from abusing a trial.

Also, trial players wouldn't need the same level of persistence.

If you fail to activate billing by the time your trial is up, why persist those assets? Remove them from the game after their trial expires. No abuse, no clutter. If they want to pick up where they left off, activate billing within a certain time or start over.

They already sorely need garbage collection in general. Trials might reduce this clutter by letting people play DU and decide they hate it before littering the world with speeders. 

If the "civilization" is already so toxic and the game so ripe for abuse that new players "must" pay money to make the design work....well, then it really isn't going to be an "MMO", it'll be a niche online game full of toxicity and NQ will have a hell of a time attracting new players. Or is that already where we are? I can't tell sometimes :D 

1 hour ago, michaelk said:

If the "civilization" is already so toxic and the game so ripe for abuse that new players "must" pay money to make the design work....well, then it really isn't going to be an "MMO", it'll be a niche online game full of toxicity and NQ will have a hell of a time attracting new players. Or is that already where we are? I can't tell sometimes :D

It's a full loot pvp mmo. It's going to be as toxic as EVE, Ark, Atlas, Rust, DayZ, Tarkov and so on where winning is winning and the end justifies the means every single time.

So yes, design that is focused from the ground up on preventing griefing is necessary.

I think not offering free trials is one of the few things DU does right from a game design perspective.

7 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Since we players build the world, NQ doesn't want people popping in, cluttering the game, and then leaving.

Nothing stopping someone from doing that with the existing system.

e. Just look at all the speeders and various ships cluttering up every market.

51 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

Nothing stopping someone from doing that with the existing system.

e. Just look at all the speeders and various ships cluttering up every market.

If you do things intentionally I believe GMs will step in.

Like if someone's base is blocked by walls of dynamic Ls GMs will issue a warning and move them etc. Then sanction the person if it repeats. If he tries again then he needs to pay as he needs a new account....

36 minutes ago, XKentX said:

Like if someone's base is blocked by walls of dynamic Ls GMs will issue a warning and move them etc.

I seem to remember some drama months back about a person claiming territories in the line of a runway and building voxel terrain walls and GMs doing nothing.

Or did they step in at some point?