A universe without force respawn

Ligator

I hope the devs dont remove force respawn without considering the consequences. There is a need to get ingame methods to fixate ships in space, even without force respawn. And there is a need to be able to fixate AGG ships in the atmosphere, without force respawn.

Without replacements for these two manouvers i would say that DU should not change the force respawn function at all.

1 hour ago, Ligator said:

hope the devs dont remove force respawn

Why would you think it might be removed?

I honestly can't imagine a reason. Without it, getting permanently stuck could be very easy. All one would need to do is scoop afk players off markets and drop them down holes on a claimed territory and fill in the holes. 

Both of the 'exploits' you list in the OP are already possible with Alt+F4 or simply logging out/in.

Well ok, it will still be here. But the Devs has said that all these so called "exploits" will be removed, Istastopping a ship will be made impossible. See one of the latytest Dev reports. The possibility to instastop ships will go away.

And it is no exploit. In order for the game to function we need a way to stop ships in space or while flying AGG.

3 hours ago, Emptiness said:

Use brakes or thrust, like is intended.

If you want to stop a ship while you exit it, use an emergency controller set to hold the brakes.

That won't work until the AGG bug is fixed. This is the bug where the AGG shuts off when you get a certain distance from it, but the physics keeps working, so the ship falls.

The OP's issue has nothing to do with force respawn, but is a valid concern if we can't lock the ship's physics by relogging. And stopping physics locking on relog was a main point of the recent devblog.

You might be a soda-masicist OP but im not...

Ever fall into a hole or get kidnapped on someone else's ship? Ever get the bug that jams up your mining tool for no reason? Or any of the other bugs that trap you somewhere? There are probably more examples.

This is a type of thing people would quit over. Dont know if you realize but in most games there is a thing called free will that you cannot impede other peoples gameplay and typically most games wont allow you to trap people against their will without some option of escape.

If you want to remove this protection from people im cool with that too. Just better hope the devs give you what you ask for, just dont cry when you basically lose your character because you cant do anything. In fact I cant wait for this and I got about 50 ways right now I could make your wish a reality.

Please NQ make this a thing.

Overwhelming majority of the uses for the forcerespawn are stop the ship and teleport back to ship while mining / running around. All the stuff about bugs happens sporadically, true. And yet it is dwarf by "optimization" player found. Even limiting the forcerespawn once or twice every 24 hours would meet with huge pushback - regardless of how many times force respawn is really required because bugs, cause players need to get back to ship faster multiple times a day.

Making it so that mining is even more time consuming and monotonous, and game breaking bugs have more serious consequences is exactly what this game needs now..  (and yes, that was sarcasm..)

And what would the rationale for removing force respawn be anyways?

1. It's a common feature in games.

2. Voluntary suicide (for some kind of advantage) would probably be a natural consequence of having resurrection pod technology available.

Lol if they gave me real actual legit teleporters that go more than 50m at a time I wouldnt need to ranger gate everywhere. Or some kind of summoning system similar to beaming in star trek as well. Or if there werent such short container ranges especially if NQ would ever add in any kind of industrial mining equipment that could dig or had tank treds or something to bring ships reliably below the surface I wouldnt need to port back to the ship rather than mining hundreds of meters back up. Its stupid not to use the rez system as it is now.

As the poster above said this is nothing new to gaming. NQ does not need to reinvent the wheel here or just keep punishing people for everything THEY make.