Salvaging is alive and well

Burble

Just as an experiment I abandoned a small ship and left it on the front entrance of my base. Probably in total it had 10 basic engines, a couple of fuel tanks, some storage and 35 cubic meters of honeycomb. Hardly a bumper pay day. Maybe half a million total cost.

Well, left it there two days while not playing the game and sure enough, she was stripped down and gutted cleanly by some industrious salvager. I am impressed that anyone even found it. 

That answers my question about building a race track out of abandoned sections to get around the core quantity limitations. Would be beautiful but the track would be gone with in a week :D

1 hour ago, Burble said:

That answers my question about building a race track out of abandoned sections to get around the core quantity limitations.

Create an org. Have a legate in the org with the Org Constuct Management skill trained up. Place the cores in the org's name. You can have 900 cores in one org with maxed skills.

1 hour ago, Emptiness said:

Create an org. Have a legate in the org with the Org Constuct Management skill trained up. Place the cores in the org's name. You can have 900 cores in one org with maxed skills.

Oh wow, really? So by myself if I create an org and nominate myself as legate I could make the whole racetrack singlehanded?

1 hour ago, Burble said:

Oh wow, really? So by myself if I create an org and nominate myself as legate I could make the whole racetrack singlehanded?

Yep. As the org leader, you're the super legate; I was speaking of if you had someone else with the skills and didn't want to train them yourself.