T4//T5 ores on ION and bugged Mega Nodes

Heartbeat1

Hello Everyone,
i would like to talk with you about the T4/T5 ores on ION.

In Around 200 Scans on Ion we got 6% of Cryiolite and 38% of Rhodonite.
I think NQ made her an mistake with the Ore appearance.

And another Part are the bugged Walls in meganodes where the scanner think that there are still ores in ;)

Did you guys have the same experience?

One thing about the T5 on ION can you find in my Video:

Best
Heartbeat

37 minutes ago, Heartbeat1 said:

Hello Everyone,
i would like to talk with you about the T4/T5 ores on ION.

In Around 200 Scans on Ion we got 6% of Cryiolite and 38% of Rhodonite.
I think NQ made her an mistake with the Ore appearance.

And another Part are the bugged Walls in meganodes where the scanner think that there are still ores in ;)

Did you guys have the same experience?

One thing about the T5 on ION can you find in my Video:

Heartbeat

What's with the f***** music. One cannot hear anything ...

what is wrong with this out of curiosity? Real life resources are not spread out evenly over our planet, there are rich areas and poor areas. I think having mega nodes like this actually make prospecting for ore more worth while. So boring if every tile has more or less the same resources. No point exploring, just take a tile, any tile...

Yeah I’ve had this happen on Jago as well. It’s been speculated that NQ have removed all t4-5 meganodes on unscanned tiles after week 0. There are plenty of empty spaces where meganodes used to be but no tunnels leading to them, meaning a player couldn’t have mined them out. Other people are reporting the same thing.

I have mined a couple hundred thousand Rhodonite myself on Ion and for anybody else mining a million or more T5 I am not impressed, I am horrified.  I just feel bad for them.  T5 is cancer to mine (even at max skills).  I wish I could get those hours I spent on Rhodonite back.  I didnt even use but a few thousand of it in industry, the rest is sitting in a box.  I cant even bring myself to sell any of it because of how long it took to mine each and every bit and it makes selling it for ~300 quanta a liter seem like sacrilege.  I would rather have it sit in a box of pain than sell it to some dude in a market who does not appreciate the pain it took to mine that horrible stuff.  Just horrible.  

I will NEVER mine it again. Thankfully I now probably never need to.

21 hours ago, jsam333 said:

Yeah I’ve had this happen on Jago as well. It’s been speculated that NQ have removed all t4-5 meganodes on unscanned tiles after week 0. There are plenty of empty spaces where meganodes used to be but no tunnels leading to them, meaning a player couldn’t have mined them out. Other people are reporting the same thing.

Thats not Correct.
You can Find very Big and Impressive Holes in the Ground. 
That are "normal" Holes with no Ores in it.

4 hours ago, Revelcro said:

I have mined a couple hundred thousand Rhodonite myself on Ion and for anybody else mining a million or more T5 I am not impressed, I am horrified.  I just feel bad for them.  T5 is cancer to mine (even at max skills).  I wish I could get those hours I spent on Rhodonite back.  I didnt even use but a few thousand of it in industry, the rest is sitting in a box.  I cant even bring myself to sell any of it because of how long it took to mine each and every bit and it makes selling it for ~300 quanta a liter seem like sacrilege.  I would rather have it sit in a box of pain than sell it to some dude in a market who does not appreciate the pain it took to mine that horrible stuff.  Just horrible.  

Yeah it was hell as fu..

7 hours ago, Heartbeat1 said:

You can Find very Big and Impressive Holes in the Ground. 
That are "normal" Holes with no Ores in it.

I know there are big holes on Alioth and maybe some other planets. These natural holes have smooth edges but I was talking about specifically meganode-looking holes. Empty meganodes have a distinctive look with very jagged, pixelated edges and exactly one smooth side in a random direction. The empty holes that I and others have found look exactly like fully cleared out meganodes. Maybe these holes generate naturally but they look like they used to have ore in them, and I can't imagine they were there at planet generation because they are the same on several planets and look pretty ugly by themselves, with no distinctive textures or soil types besides the standard underground soil.

14 hours ago, Revelcro said:

Totaly agree, I've just mined 10kL... enough to keep me away on redoing that. I'd like to know why mining has to be so tediuous, expecially considering that actually is the main activity of the game.

• 3 months later...

My experience is the same.  About 50 scans on Ion, I found one very small node of Cryolite, and there are numerous nodes of T5 Rhodonite, all in the 7k to 40k range.  I didn't stumble upon a monster like the OP :-).  This is a part of the game that really bothers me - when you want to actually go mine the T3 - T5, it's a crap shoot.  It's already mid Beta and a lot of ore has been burned through, or is so sparse it's not sustainable for a growing community. Kind of disconcerting and I hope they address it.